• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

அஸ்வமேத யக்ஞமும் அஸ்வப் படுகொலைகளும்

Status
Not open for further replies.

horse-shot-potters-slaughterhouse-uk.jpg

அஸ்வமேத யக்ஞம் என்பது என்ன? பெரிய மன்னர்கள் ஒரு குதிரைக்குப் பூஜை செய்து பட்டம் கட்டி திரிய விடுவார்கள் அது சென்றவிடமெல்லாம் எந்த மகாராஜா அனுப்பினாரோ அவருக்கு அந்த நாடு எல்லாம் கப்பம் கட்ட வேண்டும். யாராவது துணிவு இருந்தால் குதிரையைக் கட்டிப் போடுவார்கள். உடனே அதை அனுப்பிய மன்னர் சண்டைக்கு வருவார். யாருக்கு வெற்றியோ அவர்கள் பக்கம் அந்த இடம் போய்ச் சேரும். இறுதியில் குதிரையை வெட்டி யாகம் செய்வர். இப்படிச் செய்த இந்திய மன்னர்களை விரல் விட்டு எண்ணிவிடலாம். இருந்தபோதிலும் இந்தச் செய்தியைப் படித்த பலர் புருவத்தை உயர்த்துவர். உயிர்க் கொலை நியாயமா என்பர். அவர்களுக்கெல்லாம் ‘ஷாக்’ கொடுக்கும் செய்தி பிரிட்டனில் வெளியாகி இருக்கிறது.

சில நாட்களுக்கு முன்னால் பெரிய சூப்பர் ஸ்டோர்களில் விற்ற மாமிசத்தில் குதிரை மாமிசமும் கலந்திருந்தது. சொல்லாமல் இப்படிச் செய்வது சட்ட விரோதம். செய்தி வெளியானவுடன் டன் கணக்கில் விற்பனைக்கிருந்த மாமிசம் எல்லாம் குப்பைத் தொட்டிக்கு அநுப்பப்பட்டது. அப்போது பத்திரிக்கைகள் ஒரு உண்மைச் செய்தியை வெளியிட்டன. குதிரை மாமிச ரகசியங்கள் அம்பலத்துக்கு வந்துவிட்டன.
இதைப் பார்த்தால் மேலை நாட்டில் தினமும் லட்சக் கணக்கில் “ அஸ்வமேதங்கள்” நடக்கின்றன என்று சொல்லலாம்.
2010ஆம் ஆண்டுப் புள்ளி விவரங்கள் இதோ:

சீனா கொன்ற குதிரைகள் 201,600
பிரான்ஸ்---------------- 4500
இதாலி 67,000
அமெரிக்கா 110,000
ஆர்ஜெந்தினா 150,000
கனடா 100,000+

horses.jpg

ஒரே ஆண்டில் பல லட்சம் குதிரைகள் மனிதர்களின் வயிற்றுக்குள் போய்விட்டன. அது மட்டுமல்ல. தமிழ் நாட்டில் இருந்து அடிமாடுகளை எப்படி லாரியில் அடைத்து அனுப்புகிறார்களோ அப்படி 67000 குதிரைகளை கொடுமையான முறையில் ஐரோப்பிய நாடுகள் ஏற்றுமதி செய்வதும் பத்திரிக்கைகளில் வெளியானது.
பிரிட்டனில் மட்டும் ஆறு வதைக் களங்களில் 8000 குதிரைகளைக் கொல்லுகின்றனர். ஒரே துப்பாக்கி ரவையைப் பயன்படுத்தி குதிரையின் மூளையில் சுட்டு “ மனிதாபிமான” முறையில் கொல்லுகின்றனர்!!!
குதிரைப் பந்தயத்தில் ஓடி வெல்லும் குதிரைகளுக்கு ராஜ உபசாரம். அது கிழடு தட்டிப் போய் ஆட்டம் ஒடுங்கிய பின் கொலைக் களம்.

போகிற போக்கில் ஆட்டைக் கடித்து மாட்டைக் கடித்து மனிதனையும் கடித்தால் ஆச்சரியப் படுவதற்கில்லை.
கொல்லான் புலாலை மறுத்தானை
எல்லா உயிரும் கை கூப்பித் தொழும் (வள்ளுவப் பெருமான்)

London Swaminathan Sir.

The words 'asvamedha, gomedha, purushmedha, ajmedha' is not meant to interpret as hinsa/sacrifice/killing.

1. 'Medha' word's verb or dhatu is 'medhri'.
    'medhrisangame hinsayam cha' i.e. to enhance pure intellect, to
    inculcate love and integration among the people and also hinsa i.e.
    killing (this dhatu conveys these three meanings). But it does not
    always mean killing or sacrifice and in Sanskrit no literal
    translation will do where a particular word carries varied meanings
    and it has to be applied judiciously and thoughtfully keeping in view
    the context of the text.
  2. In Shatpath Brahmana (13.1.6) it is stated "Rashtram va asvamedhah"
    i.e. asvamedha means to manage or run the affairs of the rashtra
    (country) in a befitting manner.
  3. In the Shantiparva of Mahabharata (3.336) there is mention of
    asvamedha of the king Vasu in which numerous risis and learned men
    participated. In this context it is clearly mentioned "n tatra
    pashughato-abhoot" i.e. there was no killing of any animal.
  4. Sw. Dayanand Saraswati in his book "An introduction to the Vedas" at
    p. 448-449 states that God is Jamadagni i.e. Ashvamedha. An empire is
    like a horse and the subjects like other inferior animals. As other
    animals, the strength, so the subjects are weaker than the state
    assembly. The glory and splendour of an empire consists in wealth,
    gold etc. and in administration of justice". (Shatpath Brahmana
    XIII.2.2.14-17) It is further stated that God's name is Ashva also
    because He pervades the whole universe (ashva comes from the root
    'ash' which means to pervade).

The above derivations call for our cautious approach and take upon
ourselves the task of removing the mist caused by misinterpretations
to see the truth which can be one and only one and feel proud of our
heritage

What exactly is the Ashwamedha Yagna/ Horse Sacrifice? | Krishna.com

There may be many interpretations for the word Aswa and Aswamedha.
I have myself uploaded one post about Aswa and Ayasa ealier.
But the Vedic sacrifice Aswamedha includes slaying of a horse.
It is in several scriptures.
Am I wrong?

There may be many interpretations for the word Aswa and Aswamedha.
I have myself uploaded one post about Aswa and Ayasa ealier.
But the Vedic sacrifice Aswamedha includes slaying of a horse.
It is in several scriptures.
Am I wrong?

I Appreciate your postings, you do a great service here.

But my point is different, it is just to mention the other Meanings to ASWAMEDA yaham.

Shri L.S.

Any true Hindu should strive to cover up facts in our scriptures which are now inconvenient to us and not try to bring up all those things up in the public. This also has a sanskrit support in "na brUyAt satyam apriyam". I have found that your posts generally try to highlight the good things in our religion and even highlight very rarely known aspects. So, how come suddenly you have a change of heart?

May I add that Medha is also the name of the author of the vAjasanEyi samhitA, a text which talks about many medhas. So, it may be ideal to say that asvamedha denotes the horse which was owned by this Medha ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back