• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

My mother fondly calls me 'Idea Thilakam'. I always try to find new ideas - to make useful things out of the old ones;

do some repair work with a new idea and so on... I wish to share a few of the ideas - a few of my own and a few from
other sources! Friends in our forum are :welcome: to share anything new they know! Thank you. :)

Let me start with a Gold ornament!

Tired of wearing a long old fashioned chain and wish to exchange it? :nono: Not when the price of gold is soaring so high!

I was presented a long old fashioned chain but made a cute choker type necklace with it. Yes. I cut two pieces of that

chain and fixed a small stone pendent and one 'S' hook at the end. Wow! Everyone asks me from where I got it!

P.S: The rest of the chain was exchanged for a chain in a new design. 'orE kallula reNdu mAngAy'! :thumb:

IMG_3965.JPG

Shmt Raji Ram,

Now you are reminding me the character "Idea Mani"-played by Goundarmani, in the movie, released in 1990 - "My Dear Marthandan", where the innocent Hero-Prabhu, belonging to a royal family, comes to city to understand the world and the life with loads of Money!! Gaundarmani ventures into giving prabhu lots of silly and some good ideas and keeps reaping money from him for each of his ideas given to Prabhu.

Nice to note that, you would be passing on your marvolous ideas as "Idea Thilakam", to members here, Free Of Cost..
:)

Dear Ravi,

Thank you very much. Hope my ideas will be useful at least
for a few friends. :)

Definitely Shmt. Raji Ram!!!

It was in the movie, as a matter of story where Goundermani exploits the innocence of Prabhu for money, by silly ideas too. I just mentioned that without any additional hidden message.

I am dead sure that your talents and unique & creative ideas would for sure help many members here. "Idea ThilakamKku Jai ho"
:)

Gaundarmani ventures into giving prabhu lots of silly and some good ideas and keeps reaping money from him for each of his ideas given to Prabhu

In this site who is Gaundamani and who is Prabhu?:popcorn:
I am just ready with my popcorn.

....... Ammam ithu enna oru Vedi ? New pendent and hook cost Vedi?
No Sir! Do you know that exchanging old gold for new gives you only about 45% return?

Actually, now I feel that I could have made one more 'choker' with another pendent for my kutty grand daughter without

exchanging the extra piece of that chain!

Ok! Now the next
icon3.png

41qNm8Ol%2BIL.jpg

Picture courtesy: Google images (My bangle has a some designs!)

These type of bangles (known as Bengal type bangles) are mostly used daily by many of us. If the water is hard, within a few

months a thin white filament will form in the inner portion of the bangle and spoil its beauty. Any amount of brushing will not help.

Make a solution with 10 ml water (one tablespoon full) and equal amount of cleaning acid and pour it in the inner portion of the bangle

and roll the bangle carefully without
spilling the liquid on your hands. Then clean with a brush. The bangle will have a new look! :thumb:

To clean designer bangles and chains: Smear tooth paste all over the jewel, leave for a few seconds, brush it lightly and wash!

Last edited:
That choker with pendant is such a brilliant idea! I love chokers and absolutely am not into longg chains. I will definitely consider doing that in future.

Instead of the S hook which i find very difficult to put and then take out again sometimes needing to press or bite it to tighten it etc I much prefer this hook

004.jpg

The keyboard of my PC is in black color. Within one year of constant use, the letters became dull. I never noticed it, because

I see the keyboard only to type out numbers and not for the alphabets, comma and full stop! Some of my guests struggle with

the keyboard. Actually, one guest suggested to me to buy a new keyboard. Then, I thought that I should do something. I was

waiting for nice alphabets in print and then came an advertisement for a pain balm! Yes... That was what I expected. I cut off

the alphabets carefully but Q, W, K and Z were missing! So O with a tail became Q; upside down M became W; a stroke to Y gave

K and N became Z! I fixed all the letters using cello-tape. Wow! The keyboard has a clear look now!
icon3.png

IMG_3950.JPG

When we travel in trains, there are no cups provided near the wash basins. Taking a plastic cup occupies space.

So, it is a good idea to take a small empty packet which can hold about half a glass of water. This could be stored

flat when not in use! It will be very useful while brushing the teeth and rinsing the mouth after eating.
:spit:

IMG_3974.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back