• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

enrolling in the voters list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know how can i enroll in the voters list.We didn't vote after 1991 election and we migrated to many places after that.Now how can i enroll our names at the current place.Has anybody done that in the recent times.How long will the process take? Assume I do another migration, what is the process to be followed (Is it as easy as getting ration card?)..Do we have enough information in the EC website??

It is difficult with a CAPITAL D trying to enroll on the voters list ! ask me .. I have been trying to do that since the last four months.

You need to find out the ward office in the area you stay, fill up the form along with an identification ( ration card if you possess one ) or your bank pass book.. submit it to them and then w..a....i....t ..

all the best :)

sirs - just consider the irony. natural indians are finding it so difficult just to enroll themselves as voters in india. naturalised indo-italian sonia maino gandhi is having a field day in india dominating administration of country by remote controlling puppet prime minister, the manamohan !!! OH GOD! Please save this country!

Need a handler

Usually if one approaches a certain "party leader" in the area, with the implicit promise of voting for that party, this can be arranged very quickly. Without this, and faced with the prospect of standing in line for hours in the hot sun to vote, many middle class people get discouraged.

The ones who are promised a free TV, saree, 2Rs/kg rice, etc will stand in line for an entire day if need be (no pressing engagements I guess), and thus determine who gets to rule over the state. Voting by mail should allow people some more options.

It is difficult with a CAPITAL D trying to enroll on the voters list ! ask me .. I have been trying to do that since the last four months.

You need to find out the ward office in the area you stay, fill up the form along with an identification ( ration card if you possess one ) or your bank pass book.. submit it to them and then w..a....i....t ..

all the best :)

dear sir,
though my name was in ration card(?!) my name was struck off e roll in chennai.
so for some time i could not excercise my franchise. however recently they were taking photo for e card and i was lucky to b present in chennai. i got my photo and id too. neat heh!!
now i am a legitimate indian?!!
it was over in 10 mts.
so be there when they take photo in the locality. simple.
(god help u if u dont have r card)
regards
eswaran

Mr Easwaran-- you were lucky you were around when they came !!!

You ask them a simple question ... when will they come ..... without looking up.. the lady or man at the counter answers... Varuvaanga......

so here i am still ... waiting ...

Attachments

• Bull Fight,Indus Seal, Delhi Museum.jpg
    Bull Fight,Indus Seal, Delhi Museum.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 373
  • harappatablet.jpg
    harappatablet.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 617
  • 800px-Durga_Slays_Mahisasura.jpg
    800px-Durga_Slays_Mahisasura.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,142
dear madam,
it was a coincidence that i was in madras that time. i was an alien in my own country as the NRS(normally resident state) personnels simply skipped my house once my wife told we r tamils. in TN i was asked to produce nativity certificate for admitiing my kid in pro college????!!. though i am pan-indian i am considered nobody's baby(pun not intended). lucky iwas photograohed and i am non-resident tamilian.
regards,
eswaran:clap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back