Tamil Brahmins
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Alternatively, consider donating to keep the site up. Donations are accepted via PayPal & via NEFT. Details on how to donate can be found at here
Page 2264 of 2264 FirstFirst ... 1264176421642214225422602261226222632264
Results 22,631 to 22,635 of 22635

Thread: Think or sink!

Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Remember Cherry the all white kitty with a black tail?

The latest addition in my son's family members?

Kitty chased thatha!
    Thatha chased Kutty!
    Kutty chased the kitty!

Well coming to the main story ( after the proper introduction of Cherry and the dynamic equilibrium it managed to maintain in the house), I was explaining to my grandson the idiom "Looking like something the cat had brought in during the night"

It took a lot of explaining since he could not imagine a wild cat living outside the safety of a cosy home.

And I got the gift of what a wild cat had managed to bring in to me during the night. I saw a half eaten bandicoot at my door step, on my door mat - the day after I landed in Coimbatore.

As if the jetlag, the absence of the servant and the strain of setting up the house and kitchen were NOT enough for me, I got this surprise gift.

The old lady across expected ME to clean up the mess.

There are to maids employed exclusively to maintain the common areas .

And I was hungry, angry, sleepy and high strung

I said to myself, " I am not going to do the funeral service for bandicoot and and went into my house.

Later on those maids cleaned up the bloody mess. I told them them to toss the doormat along with the dead bandicoot.

As they say "NO good deed ever goes unpunished"

My good deed deserving punishment was that I as the ONLY one who had laid out a door mat for the cat to sit on and eat in the cold winter!

My grandson had a side splitting laughing session listening to this story
    I like happy people - even if they are happy at my expense!

So no door mat now! Better to allow some dust/ dirt inside the house than
    find a bloody bandicoot at the doorstep - the first thing in the morning!
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    சிந்தையில் நின்ற விந்தை மனிதர்கள்

# 183. "எனக்கு நிருபதம்" தாத்தா.

என் தாத்தாவின் நெருங்கிய நண்பர்.
    எங்கிருந்தோ தினமும் வருவார்.

கரு கருவென்ற களையான முகம்;
    அடர்ந்த, நரைத்த, புஸ்தி மீசை!

நெற்றியில் சிவப்பு நிற ஒற்றை நாமம்;
    நல்ல கம்பீரமான குரல் வளம்!

தாத்தாவுடன் திண்ணையில் அமர்ந்து
    காலை முழுவதும் அளவளாவுவார்.

பிறகு உணவு உண்ணும் நேரம் ஆனதும்
    தன் வீட்டுக்கு எழுந்து போய் விடுவார்.

அவர் பெயர் என்ன? எனக்குத் தெரியாது.

அவர் அடிக்கடி பாடும் பாடல்
    ஒரு ராம நாடகக் கீர்த்தனை!

"எனக்குநிருபதம் நினைக்க
    வரம் அருள்வாய் ஸ்ரீ ராமச்சந்திரா".

அவர் பெயர் எங்களைப் பொறுத்த வரை
    "எனக்குநிருபதம் தாத்தா" என்று ஆகிவிட்டது.

"எனக்கு உன் இரு பதம்" என்று
    அதைப் பதம் பிரிக்க வேண்டும்

என்பதே வெகு நாட்களுக்குப் பின்னர்
    தான் எனக்கே தெரிய வந்தது.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    சிந்தையில் நின்ற விந்தை மனிதர்கள்

# 184. "LADKI HAI YAA LADKAA" ?

பெரியவன் குழந்தையில் ஒரு அழகிய
    பெண்குழந்தை போலவே இருப்பான்!

அலை அலையாகச் சுருட்டைமுடி,
    தினமும் அதில் கிருஷ்ணர் கொண்டை!
    அதில் நிறையப் பூச் சுற்றி விடுவேன்.

[இப்போது கேட்கிறான் என்னிடம்
    "Did you have to do it in
    every single photo?" என்று]

ஒரு வட இந்திய நண்பர் வந்தார்!
    குழந்தையைப் பிரியமாகக் கொஞ்சினார்.

அவனை எடுத்துக் கொள்ளும் போது
    அவர் கேட்டார்,"லட்கி ஹை யா லட்கா?"

"யே தோ லட்கா ஹை" என்றவுடன்
    அவனைத் திருப்பித் தந்து விட்டார்.

குழந்தையாக இருக்கும் போது கூட
    பையனைக் கொஞ்சக் கூடாதாம்.

இது எப்படி இருக்கு!!!
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Quality VS Quantity.

I believe in Quality ( as the pANdavas did ) and not in Quantity (as the kouravas did). The story referred to here goes thus:

pAndavas and kouravas were asked to fill a small hut given to them - with anything they can.

The pANdavas cleaned the hut and filled it with bright light by lighting lamps.

The koravas bought and brought hay and filled the hut completely.

The Quality VS Quantity in everyday life!

Even if we talk to a person for a few seconds it must be done with undivided attention.

I do not advocate people talking while reading newspaper/ catching up with the Whatsapp; watching TV and (the worst is yet to come) while eating food!

Who needs to listen to the 'sabdha jAlam' of chewing and gulping food? Not me definitely!

As they say"Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well"
    "No time?" Then do not talk or make it brief - if unavoidable.

Respect the time, energy and commitments of the other people - even if you yourself do NOT have any.

It sounds strange but is true.. the busy people always find time for everything.

The lazy people do not have TIME for anything except for being lazy!
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    A little civic sense will make the life bearable!

Here the night comes accompanied by the weird sounds and toxic smells. May be some strange sights too. But I live on the ground floor and could see anything outside my house.

I did not realise that I had cut short my bare necessity of sleep by one hour (by getting up one hour earlier after landing in India).

I realised it and decided to go to bed an hour early from yesterday.

I could hear people moving furnitures in some floors overhead.

This was spiced up by the loud conversation of two females - catching up with the news spread over an eon! I think conversations are meant to be private!

Not to outdone by these sounds the fragrance of freshly fried fish filled the air!

When I decided to shut the windows to keep out the disturbing sounds and smells I was vetoed!

I had reconcile to the fact I am back in India!
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.