Tamil Brahmins
Page 2173 of 2173 FirstFirst ... 1173167320732123216321692170217121722173
Results 21,721 to 21,724 of 21724

Thread: Think or sink!

Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    There is a strange, weird and a very dangerous custom of keeping a sharp object made of iron under the cradle - to protect the baby in the cradle from dangers!

But the iron object itself can cause more dangers and damage!

The Taxi driver I met today had a deep scar running along one side of his nose starting at his forehead. I wondered whether it was due to any accident!

NO! He had fallen over the aRuvAL maNai kept under his cradle when he was a small baby!

Which kind of genius would leave an aRuvAL maNai under the cradle for protecting the baby!

He survived and his nose also survived - which in my opinion is nothing short of a miracle.

I saw his grandmother's photo kept on the spot where usually we find the picture/ image of the driver's ishta dheivam.

Small wonder he chose his illiterate grand mother over his nitwit mother!

Mother's must weigh the real risk against the imaginary protection they intend to offer to the baby!

P.S

Once I shuddered to see a sharp knife under the cloth cradle (aka as thooLi) of my neighbor's infant son. I promptly replaced it with a smooth cylindrical rod ( about 8" long) which had once been a part of a sliding bolt.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    The clever chat mami has got her equation right!

Her rented apartment fetches Rs . 9 K per month as rent.

Her expenses in the senior citizen complex costs her about Rs. 6 K per month.

So she gets Rs. 3 K as pocket money + the freedom from the household chores + numerous friends to chit chat with all day long!
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Truly Necessity is the mother of invention!

We have a wedding reception in the evening.

I don't recycle gifts and try to get rid of things I don't need using these opportunities.

We always give cash gifts so that people can buy what they like or wish to possess!

The two floral printed gift covers which I had were playing hide and seek with me.

They were seen everywhere yesterday and today there is no trace of them!

I found cover with tricolor stripe at the left edge and the name of a hotel on the left top corn.

I glued a piece of golden zari on the stripes and my husband's visiting card on th name of the hotel

Presto I have a got a unique and well decorated gift cover in under a minute.

I am sure my friends will wonder from where I got such a beautiful designer made cover!
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    We read that in ancient times some divine mothers deserted

their new born babies as soon as they were born!

Now they give off the babies for adoption or leave them at the orphanage homes!

Women have been the same and also

All women are NOT angels and

All men are not demons!
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.