Thread: Think or sink!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/11
    Given: 20/3

Think or sink!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Swim or Sink!" might be more popular than this title Think or Sink!
    But that does not make this title less true on any scale!

When we do not think too well... we sink by ourselves.
    When we think too well... the others will make us sink.

So which is the better option among these two?

Sink by ourselves without thinking hard and well
    or let the others take care of the job of sinking us?

It is indeed a tough question and needs to be pondered
    well before it could be answered.

Well! In any case we need an outlet for free thinking so that
    the other threads can remain pure and unadulterated.

Welcome to think constructively on anything under
    the sun and above it and to refrain from any
    destructive and damaging thinking process.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

How do you like to watch the protest by a crowd of Thiruppathi gol gundus ( men with clean shaved heads) protesting on the delay caused in entering the Swarga Vaasal, with vehement shouts of "Down! Down!"

Oh boy! Am I happy that they stopped short of shouting "Balaji down! down!" or "Edu Kondalavaada! down! down! Venkatramana! down! down!"

What a weird kind of bkahti on a mass scale???
    Last edited by Visalakshi Ramani; 24-12-2012 at 11:05 AM.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

The Maargazhi Mahaa Utsavam concert of Smt. Nithyasree telecast on 23rd Dec must have moved to tears many people like me, madam R.R. and Dr. Renu.

We could hear her deva gaanam and also witness her asura saadakam behind her deva gaaanam at the same time.

A crestfallen and very sad husband Mr. Mahadevan, flashed off and on was a perfect contrast to the colorfully clad Smt. Nithyasree and their two chubby and lovely children siting on the stage.

I understood why it was made known that the program was pre-recorded after going to the ushat kaala puja in our colony temple.

Many people were wondering how come Mr. Mahadevan was seated among the audience!
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0
    Given: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Visalakshi Ramani View Post
    "Swim or Sink!" might be more popular than this title Think or Sink!
    But that does not make this title less true on any scale!

When we do not think too well... we sink by ourselves.
    When we think too well... the others will make us sink.

So which is the better option among these two?

Sink by ourselves without thinking hard and well
    or let the others take care of the job of sinking us?

It is indeed a tough question and needs to be pondered
    well before it could be answered.

Well! In any case we need an outlet for free thinking so that
    the other threads can remain pure and unadulterated.

Welcome to think constructively on anything under
    the sun and above it and to refrain from any
    destructive and damaging thinking process.

To 'think'..something to post to'think'..may make others to 'think'..that I always possess wrong 'think'ing..and to 'think'

about such eventuality ..I 'think'..it is better not to 'think'..about posting something to 'think'....

TVK
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Think to think elaborately with open mind, considering all the perspectives otherwise of which any amount of your personal thinking may eventually make you sink yourself.

If you could achieve detailed thinking considering various dimensions, no one can succeed in sinking you. The only thing is they can drive you away BUT can not take you away from yourself.
    Cheers.........

ANBE SHIVAM...
    ----------------------------------
    The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Visalakshi Ramani View Post
    How do you like to watch the protest by a crowd of Thiruppathi gol gundus ( men with clean shaved heads) protesting on the delay caused in entering the Swarga Vaasal, with vehement shouts of "Down! Down!"

Oh boy! Am I happy that they stopped short of shouting "Balaji down! down!" or "Edu Kondalavaada! down! down! Venkatramana! down! down!"

What a weird kind of bkahti on a mass scale???
    I understand. I empathize with the crowd.

Every year there are stampedes in many temples to have Dharshan. People die in the stampedes. I remember long back when the mother of a Member of Parliament (who was also a big industrialist) died in a stampede in Kumbha Mela.

I have seen this happening in every temple. I have also been often a part of the crowd.

You wait for the Dharshan and all that you are bothered is about that. You lose the power of reasoning.

Bhakthas are fanatics. Bhakthi does lead to fanaticism. I can understand why some member defends the God whom he worships. Though he may quote books, the basic feeling is Bhakthi.

Fanatic devotion is Bhakthi.

யான் பெற்ற இன்பம் பெறுக இவ்வையகம் . Sorry. No one should have similar experience here.

11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 190/28
    Given: 195/24

Exclamation

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

BhakthAs may be fanatics. But they should be 'thoNdAs' and not 'guNdAs'!!
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by kk4646 View Post
    To 'think'..something to post to'think'..may make others to 'think'..that I always possess wrong 'think'ing..and to 'think'

about such eventuality ..I 'think'..it is better not to 'think'..about posting something to 'think'....

TVK
    Oh come on!
    You can't post anything more confusing than this one!!!
    Welcome to clarify and kilarify as well
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by C RAVI View Post
    Think to think elaborately with open mind, considering all the perspectives otherwise of which any amount of your personal thinking may eventually make you sink yourself.

If you could achieve detailed thinking considering various dimensions, no one can succeed in sinking you. The only thing is they can drive you away BUT can not take you away from yourself.
    They can drive us away ONLY if we are willing to leave!

Otherwise we will keep returning like

Serves them right too for hitting below the belt!
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by sankara_sharmah View Post
    I understand. I empathize with the crowd.

Every year there are stampedes in many temples to have Dharshan. People die in the stampedes. I remember long back when the mother of a Member of Parliament (who was also a big industrialist) died in a stampede in Kumbha Mela.

I have seen this happening in every temple. I have also been often a part of the crowd.

You wait for the Dharshan and all that you are bothered is about that. You lose the power of reasoning.

Bhakthas are fanatics. Bhakthi does lead to fanaticism. I can understand why some member defends the God whom he worships. Though he may quote books, the basic feeling is Bhakthi.

Fanatic devotion is Bhakthi.

God is partial since He answers some people's prayers instantly!

Ask to walk through the swarga vaasal and presto

they have already become part of swarga!!!
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.