• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

அக்கிரகாரத்தில் பெரியார்

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

அக்கிரகாரத்தில் பெரியார்

this is another delightful book by P.A. Krishnan (PAK)

this is a compendium of articles by PAK over the past years in tamil online literary magazines like kalachuvadu and others. what caught me ofcourse was the title, and thanks to the large sri lankan population here, i was able to get the book (in tamil) here in toronto with little effort. :)

the title of the book is ofcourse an article that came in kalachuvadu and examines the influence of periyar in tamil society as a whole, brahmins included.

no matter what, it is difficult for us to imagine the world of our grandfathers, when different norms prevailed. and PAK has made a dispassionate observation about periyar and agraharam, on a visit to his native Nanguneri. his final sentences are poignant reminders about absence of human dignity in interpersonal relationship when caste is the overwhelming definer of the same.

this title article is only a few pages. the rest of it, spans a whole world of interests - right from the black hole of calcutta, russian winter and the second world war and subash chandra bose's brother among other things.

a delightful book, a page turner, and one you would find impossible to put down till the last page.

all in sweet tamil ofcourse :)

here are a couple of more intelligent and indepth reviews of the same for your reference

omnibus sasariri review

thadagam

hope you enjoy the much as much as i did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back