• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIRS - my favourite author of all seasons is Dr. arun shourie. he is probably only journalist in india who always has, is and will courageously oppose caste quotas. i have read 3 books of his and plan to read many more in future. The world of fatwas, Missionaries in India, and Courts and their judgements are three master pieces of Dr. shourie which i have read quite a few times. In the World of Fatwas , Dr.shourie takes on islamic fundamentalists. He exposes the other side of islam. in Missionaries in India, Dr. shourie takes on and exposes the christian conversion industry. In courts and their judgements, Dr. Shourie details the negative shade of indian judiciary. all these are must read books for all.

i also enjoyed 'arthamulla indhumadam' by Late . Kanndasan, and 'edhu hindu dharmam' ,a book containing views of kanchi mahaswamigal on various issues.

Dawkins

Today i downloaded Richard Dawkins book titled "The Delusion of God". Send me a PM with your mail id in case anyone is interested.

I did a search on Dawkins since i have seen BAAM quote Dawkins frequently & tripped on this book. I dunno whether this is the same Dawkins.

A quick glance revealed 2 interesting chapters - Why God exists - & interestingly very next chapter - Why almost certainly there is no God !!!!!

It is a 370 pager.

sirs- Dr. shourie is probably only journalist in india who is not 'secular'. unlike nara.ram of the 'hindu' Dr. shourie has never slept with the communists and has always exposed the leftists as traitors. whereas most journalists in india have the inferiority complex that, if they support BJP they will be branded as 'communal', Dr. shourie has never been bothered about these sort of brandings and has always been loyal to the sangh parivar. Dr. shourie was instrumental, almost singularly for fall of rajiv gandhi in 1989, fall of Devi lal & V.P. Singh in 1990, and installation of V.P.Singh in 1989. whereas the so called 'HINDU' has never managed in its more than 100 yrs. of existence to install or remove a govt. in fact The 'HINDU' started copying Dr. shourie style of journalism and still continues to do so, but pathetically has not been able to generate the same respect or impact.
Dr. shourie has also exposed many skeletons in cupboards of many politicians. he is probably only masculine journalist india has produced, apart from Mr. gurumurthy & Mr. cho ramaswamy.

sirs - some members of this forum have eulogised TEHELKA as an investigative journalistic channel. but it should be remembered that Tehelka DID NOT EXPOSE any corruption which was already taking place. in the name of testing, Tehelka tempted many persons to commit corruption by bribing them. remember, this is also a penal offence under indian law. on the other hand, Dr. arun shourie EXPOSED PERSONS WHO WERE ALREADY CORRUPT by his sting operations. this is morally and legally totally different from what Tehelka did.

dear sir,
arthamulla indu madam is a simple write up in a spectacular way which a layman like me could understand
thanks to kaviarasu.
regards
eswaran

sirs - pls. do remember that Tehelka (mis)used prostitutes to tempt many officials in the 2000 sting operations. so much so for 'investigative journalism'!!

sirs- Do you know why muslim shave off their moustaches but retain their beards? because jews and christians shave off their beards and keep moustaches! the prophet mohammed is said to have told muslims that 'you should always do the exact opposite of what polytheists like jews and christians do!'. this is why muslims, shave off their moustaches, but retain their beards even now!

for many such facts, truths & exposes pls. read THE WORLD OF FATWAS By Dr. arunshourie, published by RUPA & CO.,

Jalebi Management

A new book written by Shombit Sengupta, a renowned management consultant.

Apparently in this book he has used "Jalebi" as a metaphor to explain business complexities and the ways to overcome them.

Read further :

http://news.webindia123.com/news/press_showdetails.asp?id=5600&cat=Press

Tailpiece : I had an interesting mail exchange with one of my ex-bosses over this.

Me : Did tamilians miss a trick by not coming out with a book named :“Idiyappa management”

My ex boss :

Tamilians should write on “Sevai” management. With Thengai Paal for the young, kuruma for the middle aged and Perandai or Pulli kuzhambu for the aged

I was in this inauguration. The different coloured jilebis made on the spot were very good, I must say

Razor blades are the gift of modern civilization.

Pray enlighten us as to how the people in the olden days used to shave off the hair from various parts of their anatomy ?

sirs- Do you know why muslim shave off their moustaches but retain their beards? because jews and christians shave off their beards and keep moustaches! the prophet mohammed is said to have told muslims that 'you should always do the exact opposite of what polytheists like jews and christians do!'. this is why muslims, shave off their moustaches, but retain their beards even now!

for many such facts, truths & exposes pls. read THE WORLD OF FATWAS By Dr. arunshourie, published by RUPA & CO.,

SIRS - Francois Gautier, a french who had lived in india for many years, had said in 2000 in an article in indian express that buddhism had made india a weak nation, because, by insisting on total ahimsa, buddhism emasculated the fighting spirit of many indians. this is probably why bramins opposed buddhism. on the other hand, in hinduism there is lot of variety. there is a class called bramins exclusively for priesthood. there is also a class called kshatriyas, exclusively for warfare and protection of society from all sorts of violent attacks. ofcourse, vaishyas for business, and so called shudras for manual labour also add to the variety.

of course, the charges against buddhism hold good even for jainism also. but islam is on other extreme perhaps. there is scope for too much of violence in islam, which is also not all that right. i find hinduism, and to some extent even christianity more balanced in this matter.

Last edited:

Pray enlighten us as to how the people in the olden days used to shave off the hair from various parts of their anatomy ?

sirs - if people in olden days did not shave at all, pray enlighten me what would they have done with so much hair all over the face and above it???

sirs - if people in olden days never shaved, then what would they have done with so much hair growing non stop on their faces and above it????

Actually, I was hoping that you would enlighten us on this issue as well since you hold the honorary doctorate on Shaving !

sirs - if people in olden days never shaved, then what would they have done with so much hair growing non stop on their faces and above it????

sirs- i am not an expert on any issue - certainly not shaving! so i am hereby returning the Doctorate wrongly conferred on me to - back to you!!

Hamari housla afzahi karne ka shukria !
[Thanks for even considering me worthy of a Doctorate !]

Hamare jaise 'tamil illiterate' ki kya mazaal ke apne naam ke aage Dr. ka prefix laga saken ?
[How a 'tamil illiterate' like me can dare to dream of prefixing my name with a 'Dr.' ?]

sirs- i am not an expert on any issue - certainly not shaving! so i am hereby returning the Doctorate wrongly conferred on me to - back to you!!

Just wondering

Just wondering, whether the ancient man with all hairs in his body, invented the wheel and learnt pot making, would have been called "Hairy Potter"

LQ Sahab,

Aap ho Taalab mein akela kamal,
Ancient man ka kisne dekha hai shakal,
Aap kabool karen Dr ka shauhrat,
Aapke sar ki taj mein banega yeh haseen hasrat.

(you are the only lotus in the pond,
who has seen the face of the ancient man,
kindly accept the honoray doctrate,
yet another feather in your cap)

On a lighter note, Shaving [Hazaamat] in hindustani also means making a fool of one or depriving a person of his wealth by deception etc.

No wonder, pure dravidians prefer to keep their 'wealth' intact and keep the hazzam (barber) at arm's length !

Professor sahab, do you agree ?

Just wondering, whether the ancient man with all hairs in his body, invented the wheel and learnt pot making, would have been called "Hairy Potter"

LQ Sahab,

Aap ho Taalab mein akela kamal,
Ancient man ka kisne dekha hai shakal,
Aap kabool karen Dr ka shauhrat,
Aapke sar ki taj mein banega yeh haseen hasrat.

(you are the only lotus in the pond,
who has seen the face of the ancient man,
kindly accept the honoray doctrate,
yet another feather in your cap)

[How a 'tamil illiterate' like me can dare to dream of prefixing my name with a 'Dr.' ?]

Dear Lotus_quartz:
When did that prevent people with scant education getting "Dr." titles in Tamil Nadu? Every place you look, they all have "Dr." prefix!!
The politicians shamelessly put this in front of their name! How delusional can one get?

You certainly deserve the title because you are a true learned!

Hari: You keep excelling yourself with these cracks!! ......been called "Hairy Potter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back