• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Animals and birds that can be kept at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human beings can have any number of opinion. Sanatan Dharma does not have a pope to dictate the arbitrary interpretations.
You have to do the work and figure out what is right for you. Sorry no amount of regurgitated information will satisfy every one.
The Almighty does not bother about how many Idols of some or any God you have in your house, and where you keep it. Only the mental status you have regarding the Almighty and other creations of the Almighty is important to Almighty.

Hello all,
There is a belief that Snake idols etc should not be kept at homes as it does not bring prosperity....but i want to know about this and discuss. I am very much eager to see the comments of others..i want to know if Idols of Eagles and other Birds etc in homes can be kept at homes.

Superstition, like knowledge, has no limits!! As a country we have had a small coterie of higher castes (of which the brahmins were the more powerful and vocal when it came to matters religious and/or spiritual) living in their own imaginary world and inventing fresh superstitious beliefs all the time. The notions about keeping different idols at home is absolutely bunkum, imo. If we hindus can pray before a God with pig-face keeping a beautiful well-decked female on his thigh, can we not merely keep idols of anything - from rat to dinosaur - in our house provided we have the room and money and liking for that.

Mr. Sangom, I fully second that opinion.
Why do people ask the so called "religious" questions. They are basically questions about some practice being performed by a small section of people. Some are absolute superstitions, some are very high level philosophy, some are utterly foolish.
Santan Dharma is only for intelligent people, if you are not qualified please switch to Taliban, and some body else will tell you how to live life.

When there are choices offered to you, you have to have a preference, and be able to make the right selection, that works for you. If you are not the type who knows what is best for you, then some smart person is going to take advantage of your ignorance.

Why do people ask the so called "religious" questions. They are basically questions about some practice being performed by a small section of people. Some are absolute superstitions, some are very high level philosophy, some are utterly foolish.
Santan Dharma is only for intelligent people, if you are not qualified please switch to Taliban, and some body else will tell you how to live life.

When there are choices offered to you, you have to have a preference, and be able to make the right selection, that works for you. If you are not the type who knows what is best for you, then some smart person is going to take advantage of your ignorance.

My only point here is regarding your statement, "Why do people ask the so called "religious" questions." The rest of the post is self-explanatory and I don't think I can make any improvement on what you write.

If you will kindly recall, we had some very different kind of discussions (arguments) when the veterans like KRS, Nara, Kunjuppu, ***, and a few more members were very active in this forum. Now, the active participants are a different group. The former group was somewhat very confident about their views on most issues while the present set of people seem to be bothered by ever so many things which are perhaps bothering them because they vacillate between their liking or preferences and a fear of trespassing the religious edicts in one way or another. These members look up to this forum as some kind of an authority which they can trust, imho. So, I will personally welcome more of such doubts; it will give us a golden chance to tell the people who ask such questions, the actual scriptural/religious position, practice in current times and also what we (I) feel is necessary and desirable for the coming generations to follow.

Let us be tolerant and help open the doors and windows of real knowledge so that the youngsters who stumble upon these pages will have more knowledge, unlike my generation which grew up in the waning days of brahminical authority and inherited a vast amount of superstitious and unnecessary beliefs, practices, restrictions, etc.

hi prasad sir,
here somebody starts more threads...means closer to PM points...or just throwing the ball in court....others will play...the thread

originator just sit and watch....here my personal suggestion...i may be wrong too.i just read some threads as time pass...no

meanings/ time to comment on it.....just pass on...somebody's medicine is somebody's poison....just ignore and move on...

in advaitha/sanatan dharma its eternal..every religion has three parts ...ritual ...spiritual...philosophical....some ppl always

stick on...like elementary students....just repeat the same...no more further progress ...whole life rituals/superstitious things...

just more advanced in spiritual....rarely goes to philosophical....we can't blame the world....some times our own ignorance...

LOKAHA BHINNA RUCHIHI....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back