• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Happy Deepavali

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

There is hope eternal for prosperity of all.
deepavali 2012.jpeg

My wife joins me in Wishing everyone a very Happy and peaceful Deepavali

May God Bless you and your Family

Regards

Padmanabhan & Family

Happy Deepavali 2012 to Everyone .

I am sharing Swami Sivananda's Message on Deepavali for everyone's reading and reflection :

Many Deepavali festivals have come and gone. Yet the hearts of the vast majority are as dark as the night of the new moon. The house is lit with lamps, but the heart is full of the darkness of ignorance.

O man! Wake up from the slumber of ignorance. Realise the constant and eternal light of the Soul, which neither rises nor sets, through meditation and deep enquiry.

May you all attain full inner illumination! May the supreme light of lights enlighten your understanding! May you all attain the inexhaustible spiritual wealth of the Self! May you all prosper gloriously on the material as well as spiritual planes!

- Swami Sivananda's Deepavali Message

Dear Prasad Sir
My reason for mentioning 'peacefully' is that it is wish that there should not be any injury to Kids or anyone while bursting fire crackers etc.
Thanks for your Wish Sir
Padmanabhan.J

Time for some songs:

[video=youtube_share;9ww3tiR5jak]http://youtu.be/9ww3tiR5jak[/video]

Dear Members,

Sorry for long absence from the thread - due to various official commitments. I wish all the members a very very Happy and Prosperous Deepavali.

For the last two days I happened to be at Chennai and observed heavy heavy rush in all Hotels and sweet shops. In Hotel SARAVANA Bhavan (Vadapalani Branch), they have opened special counters for selling sweets and a separate counter for selling Hot Jhangiri and Gulab Jamum. Really a nice experience.

At the same time, it also gives a thought of my younger days where my mother used to prepare various sweets and Karams by herself two to three days in advance. On the day of deepavali we used to exchange sweets and karams prepared at our house to all the neighbours and vice-versa. As children, we also used to make comments about which house's sweets were better. Today, when we do a similar things, we will not even know from which Hotel they purchased ? Traditionally during the deepavali times, the smell of oil should be there in the house - but now ....??

With so mich diet conscious next generation, may be 10 years down the line there may not any deepavali sweets as it happened today.

With Best Wishes,

Venkat K

Dear Venkat,

In SingArach Chennai, many of us (home makers) wish to prepare a few varieties of sweets and savories at home.

My special sweet is my own recipe, which includes ginger juice! It is a must for DeepavaLi and a favorite to everyone

in my family circle! And of course for distribution to our helpers like postman, sweepers, house maid, 'poo pAtti' - who

supplies flowers everyday and as the like, I buy mixture from the nearby shop and prepare coconut burfi, since we have

a coconut tree in our garden! :)

தீபாவளித் திருநாள் ...

'ஆவளி' என்றால் வரிசை என்று பொருள்; தீப
ஆவளி என்பதே 'தீபாவளி' ஆயிற்று என்பார்!

தீபங்களை வரிசையாய் ஏற்றி, மக்கள் தங்கள்
தாபங்களைத் தீர்க்க இறையை வேண்டுவார்!

நரகாசுரனை வதம் செய்த நாள் என்று சிலரும்,
இராவணன் அழிந்த நாள் என்று வேறு சிலரும்,

கொண்டாடி மகிழ்ந்து, புத்தாடைகள் அணிந்து,
பண்டிகையாகச் சிறப்பித்தாலும், நம் மனதின்

இருளை நீக்கி, ஒளியைப் பரப்பி, இறைவனின்
அருளைப் பெறும் நாளாக நினைப்பதே சிறப்பு!

இனிப்புக்களைச் சுற்றம், நட்புடன் பகிர்வோம்;
இனிய அன்பு வட்டத்தைப் பெரியதாக்குவோம்!

In 'Thanglish':

DeepAvaLith thirunAL...

'AvaLi' endrAl varisai endRu poruL; Deepa

AvaLi enbathE 'deepAvaLi' Ayitru enbAr!

deepangaLai varisaiyAy Etri, makkaL thangaL

thAbangaLaith theerkka iRaiyai vEnduvAr!

NarakAsuranai vadham seytha nAL endRu silarum,

RAvaNan azhindha nAL endRu vERu silarum,

koNdAdi magizhndhu, puththAdaigaL aNindhu,

paNdigaiyAgach chirappiththAlum, nam manathin

iruLai neekki, oLiyaip parappi, iRaivanin

aruLaip peRum nALAga ninaippathE siRappu!

inippukkaLaich chutram, natpudan pagirvOm;

iniya anbu vattaththaip periyathAkkuvOm!

:grouphug:

Happy diwali wishes to one and all in our T B forum.let the sorrow get vanished and every one be surrounded by happiness,good health & peace.:peace: :D :love:.

தீபாவளி வாழ்த்துக்கள்

தீபாவளி வாழ்த்துக்கள்

அன்பர்கள் யாவருக்கும்
எனது அன்புகலந்த தீபாவளி வாழ்த்துக்கள்
நலம் கோரும்
ப்ரஹ்மண்யன்
பெங்களுரு

Greetings.

Lasdies and gentlemen ..... boys and girls... Happy Deepavali wishes from Raghy and Mrs. Raghy.

Cheers!

Attachments

• diwali.gif
    diwali.gif
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,384
Dear Sri Moderator of Tamil Brahmins Group:

Namaskaram.

Thank you so much for your Deepavali Greetings even though we are not celebrating it in our family this year because of my beloved father attaining Sivalokam six months back at his ripe old age of 83.

But that shouldn't prevent me from reciprocating the good sentiments received from our fraternal bandhus.

MAY THIS DEEPAVALI BRING LIGHT AND UNENDING HAPPINESS INTO ALL YOUR LIVES.

Affectionately,
Sri Aiyer Raju Sreenivasan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back