• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Namaste

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ganesh_bhakta

Namaste all,

I don't know how many of you remember me, but I used to post on these forums under the screen name of 'il_guy'. I am the American who has adopted Sanathana Dharma as his chosen way of life. I always have questions, and this was always one of the best places for me to get answers. I pray that it is still the same way.

On a side note, I am getting my Upanayanam sometime early next year. I have had to put it off until now because of personal issues.

If anyone remembers me, please say "hello", and if you never knew me in the past, I would be more than happy to talk to you!

Thank you for reading this.

Kind Regards,

Justin Lundeen (ganesh_bhakta, a.k.a. il_guy)

Namaste all,

I don't know how many of you remember me, but I used to post on these forums under the screen name of 'il_guy'. I am the American who has adopted Sanathana Dharma as his chosen way of life. I always have questions, and this was always one of the best places for me to get answers. I pray that it is still the same way.

On a side note, I am getting my Upanayanam sometime early next year. I have had to put it off until now because of personal issues.

If anyone remembers me, please say "hello", and if you never knew me in the past, I would be more than happy to talk to you!

Kind Regards,

Sorry I do know from before.
I would like to know you new.

Prasad,

Namaste,

Thank you for your reply. I first found out about Hindu Dharma after high school. I had known a Hindu girl from school who had written an article on Hinduism in the school newsletter. At the time, I did not think much of it, not knowing much of what I wanted out of life at the time. I researched various faiths and came across Hinduism. Right from the very beginning, even though I was confused, I knew it was what I wanted. I contacted the mother of the girl who wrote the article I mentioned and talked to her about Hinduism. She gave me a Ganesha murthi. Then, eventually, I went to the mandira that is 45 minutes from my home and talked to the pujari and I have been Hindu ever since. That was 9 years ago. I really believe that Sri Ganesha chose me for this path, not me choosing it for myself.

If anyone has any questions about my journey, please, feel free to ask.

Thank you,

Justin

I joined this forum on 10 - 10 - 10!! Don't remember to have read your posts!

Advance congrats to you for the 'upanayanam' ceremony.

You may find a few changes in the members but the forum is 'as usual'! :)

Raji,

Namaste,

Thank you for your kind words. And I'm glad to know the forum is still the same!

-Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
Namaste all,

Kind Regards,

hi
i know u...you are from illonois,USA....i remember u....even i replied u for ur many queries....welcome back...

tbs,

Namaste,

Thank you for remembering me! It is good to be back.

Just so all of you know, I have posted my story about how I came to Sanathana Dharma for those who are interested. It is just waiting to be approved by the moderators. I guess it is because the post was longer than my other ones. I do not know.

-Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back