• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rail Radar: on line location of trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting and useful free service provided by the indian railways. One can have a bird's eye view of the trains location in any part of india or get running time details - where the train is and whether it is on time. A few minutes ago 55% of the trains were running on time (less than 5 minutes delay). It has a good search facility by train number or name.

It is similar to the location map of the flight in a air journey, but this covers all trains (at least most of the trains) running anywhere at any time.

Really a creditable achievement by indian railways.

Indian Railways - Live! on Google Maps

Amazing, not only the railways but being posted on TB site.

Mr. Sarang,
Can you explain the map, I could not understand the red and blue lines.

Last edited:
post 1#
[h=2]Rail Radar: on line location of trains[/h]dear sarang !
thanks for posting this .very useful and easy to view.i have checked pallavan and vaigai express status at 1630 hrs .train details also available .bravo railway
guruvayurappan

The icons indicate the current location of the train. If the mouse pointer is hovered over the icon, train number and name will be shown. A click on the icon gives more details of - a click on the icon give the status - next stop, actual delay, etc.

The arrow gives the direction of the train; blue means the train is on time (less than 15 minutes late); orange means delay of more than 15 minutes. Map updated every 5 minutes. About 6500 trains (no freight trains) are tracked on real time basis.

Search facility with train number or train name is available.

Amazing, not only the railways but being posted on TB site.

Mr. Sarang,
Can you explain the map, I could not understand the red and blue lines.

Pallavan is running 20 minutes late, is 29 kms from srirangam and 15kms from lalgudi now.

post 1#
Rail Radar: on line location of trains

dear sarang !
thanks for posting this .very useful and easy to view.i have checked pallavan and vaigai express status at 1630 hrs .train details also available .bravo railway
guruvayurappan

The icons indicate the current location of the train. If the mouse pointer is hovered over the icon, train number and name will be shown. A click on the icon gives more details of - a click on the icon give the status - next stop, actual delay, etc.

The arrow gives the direction of the train; blue means the train is on time (less than 15 minutes late); orange means delay of more than 15 minutes. Map updated every 5 minutes. About 6500 trains (no freight trains) are tracked on real time basis.

Search facility with train number or train name is available.
Thanks

Proves the adage last mile is difficult to traverse!

After the journey is completed nobody bothers to update. Railways still have manual and automatic update. Better than the guest ringing the bell when the chart shows the train is still at the starting point.

This happens with courier companies too. Records upto 'reaching local warehouse' is accurate, but delivery is 'pending' even after delivery. A letter sent by speedpost to coimbatore was delivered within 3 days, but the status on the tracking site was 'delivery pending'.

I could track the status of kindle ebook reader ordered on amazon - two airports in US, london heathrow, mumbai and local courier warehouse; I got the item in four days from USA, but actual delivery records were not updated on the day of delivery or the next day. I stopped tracking after the 2nd day.

thank you !
2100 hrs srirengam not updated 29min late at lalgudi
guruvayurappan

post 8#
dear sarang !
you have rightly said about finishing problem .let us hope somebody make some effort to solve this end result also .it is like taking the voter to polling booth and forget the person afterwards.
guruvayurappan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back