• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Songs..... Beautiful TAMIL songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPi2FbhFj40

This is a song I really liked even from my teenage days! During my teens I used to think that the line 'எதனைக் கண்டான் பணம் தனைப் படைத்தான்' was 'எதனைக் கண்டான் மதம் தனைப் படைத்தான்' till my mid twenties,and then I realised that it was infact 'பணம் தனைப் படைத்தான்'. Now I want to say 'எதனைக் கண்டான் ஜாதிகளைப் படைத்தான்'!

Regards

Last edited:
valli,

please search through youtube. they usually have almost all songs that have current video copy available. :)

I think the versus do say " edhanai kandaan madhangalai padaithan.. that means jadhi so the song writer, was it Kannadhasan who wrote this.. fantastic song..

Best!
Subhalakshmi :)

Dear Shri. Raghy

The song 'Ulagam Piranthathu Enakkaga' is indeed very inspirational! Very positive attitude song!

[MGR's dance movements are also quite "inspirational"!!! :)]

Regards

Dear Subhalakshmi

So you too think that it meant 'Ethanaik Kandan Matham thanaip Padaiththan'? Hmm.. I wish someone could really clear our doubt!

Yes, this song is indeed penned by the Great Kannadasan! I haven't ever watched the above mentioned movies but I have heard the songs and became mesmerised by them!

Kind Regards

Dear Subhalakshmi

So you too think that it meant 'Ethanaik Kandan Matham thanaip Padaiththan'? Hmm.. I wish someone could really clear our doubt!

Yes, this song is indeed penned by the Great Kannadasan! I haven't ever watched the above mentioned movies but I have heard the songs and became mesmerised by them!

Kind Regards

Sowbagyavathy Valli,

I remember that song as 'எதனைக் கண்டான் மதந்தனைப் படைத்தான்'...... It was my favourite song from my childhood. I am quite sure about the lyrics.

Cheers!

valli, here is the full song (courtesy ofcourse, the web)

இசை :விஸ்வனாதன்-ராமமூர்த்தி
குரல்: டி எம் சௌந்தரராஜன்
வரிகள்: கண்ணதாசன்

வந்த நாள் முதல் இந்த நாள் வரை
வானம் மாறவில்லை
வான் மதியும் நீரும் கடல் காற்றும்
மலரும் மண்ணும் கொடியும் சோலையும் நதியும் மாறவில்லை
மனிதன் மாறிவிட்டான்
மதத்தில் ஏறிவிட்டான்
ஓஊஅ ஓஊஅ ஊஓஓஓஒ ஒயே (2)

நிலை மாறினால் குணம் மாறுவார் - பொய்
நீதியும் நேர்மையும் தேடுவார் - தினம்
ஜாதியும் பேதமும் கூறுவார் - அது
வேதன் விதியென்றோதுவார்
மனிதன் மாறிவிட்டான்
மதத்தில் ஏறிவிட்டான்

(வந்த நாள்)

பறவையைக்கண்டான் விமானம் படைத்தான் (2)
பாயும் மீன்களில் படகினைக்கண்டான்
எதிரொலி கேட்டான் வானொலி படைத்தான்
எதனைக்கண்டான் பணம்தனைப் படைத்தான் (2)
மனிதன் மாறிவிட்டான்
மதத்தில் ஏறிவிட்டான்

(வந்த நாள்)

இன்பமும் காதலும் இயற்கையின் நீதி
ஏற்றதாழ்வுகள் மனிதனின் ஜாதி
பாரில் இயற்கை படைத்ததையெல்லாம்
மனிதன் மாறிவிட்டான்
மதத்தில் ஏறிவிட்டான்

ம் ஹ்ம் ம் ஹ்ம்

(வந்த நாள்)

valli,

'எதனைக் கண்டான் பணம் தனைப் படைத்தான்' ...

kannadasan has admitted that sometimes for rhyming or meter sake he inserted words that make no meaning.

another example that i know, from பெரிய இடத்து பெண், in the song கட்டோடு குழல் ஆட, there is a reference to பச்சரிசி பல் ஆட ..

when queried about this, especially about the beauty of a loose tooth, the great poet laughed, and agreed it was a boo boo.

coming up with words off the cuff, is a norm that all poets/music directors do. ARR/vairamuthu do it all the time.

another example: enthiran, kadhal anukkal, they had to come up with terms like 'wasabi' just for rhyming sake. later when googled, they were very pleasantly surprised, the word was appropriate.

for the uninitiated, wasabi, is a japanese root, has a sharp kaaram taste. :)

here is the ever evergreen - kattodu from mellisai mannar twins - viswanathan ramamurthi ..

kattodu kuzhal - old is gold! - TubeTamil

Dear Kunjuppu

unable to find video for that song
frown.png

Now, smile please..:)

I have got the video for the song just for you!! Though it is not a direct link to the song, at 1hour 06min and 45sec of the movie video you will find your song!!!

Follow this link http://live.tamil.movies.oruwebsite.com/watch-part-1/paasam-video_3ceaf7c69.html

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Dear Sri. Kunjuppu, Greetings.

I shall keep looking for that Pasam song. You tube has taken it down. But, it will crop up again! In the meantime, the song can be viewed from the link provided by Sowbagyavathy Villi.

Cheers!.

Dear Shri. Raghy

Oh! This has become like a catch22 situation!! Not for me - but for the song!!!

Raghy, I listened to the link initially posted by me and it clearly says 'Panam thanaip padaiththan'!

But listening to your link and as far as I can recall my memory it has been 'Mathangalaip padaiththan'!!

All I can conclude is that they made one version for the movies and another version soon again!

Kind Regards

Dear Sri. Kunjuppu, Greetings.

I shall keep looking for that Pasam song. You tube has taken it down. But, it will crop up again! In the meantime, the song can be viewed from the link provided by Sowbagyavathy Villi.Cheers!.

loved the வில்லி part. good laugh. made my day. thanks raghy.

freudian slip. i am sure!! eh!!

dear valli, raghy,

based on the paava mannippu story, i think now, 'madham' is more appropriate.

this scene, when sivaji is biking by seashore, i think, happens after he discovers, that savitri/devika are sisters separated by religion. not sure, if he has already found out that he/gemini are also brothers - also separated by religion.

madham anyday, is more appropriate than, paNam.

loved the வில்லி part. good laugh. made my day. thanks raghy.

freudian slip. i am sure!! eh!!

Ooops!......just after one typo, Valli became Villi! (I have to watch it, I suppose!)..... Sorry, Valli.... it was a typo.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back