• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sarabeswarar

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Thirubuvanam near Kumbakonam there is temple in which Sarabeswarar has a huge sannadhi I was there recently This God is in the form of winged lion more powerful than lion & elephant. I gathered that this is a form of Shiva (Avatar) taken to neutralize Narsimha after the later killed Hiranyakasyabu. Does Shiva take avatar? I was under the impression only Vishu takes Avatar. Correct? Jambu:tea:

Avatara is basically a Vaishnavite concept. Saivas/Sakthas do not believe in Avataras. They believe that Siva/Devi has many forms/Rupas. But none of these are human unlike the the Avataras.

Then Smartas believe that all Gods/Goddesses can take an Avatara. That is because the present day Smartas are mostly Smarta Vaishnavas.

Sarabeshwara is a form of Siva. Siva has many forms/Rupas. Bhairava, Sadashiva, Dakshinamurthi and so on. Bhairava form alone has many Rupas. Like Bhaduga Bhairava, Kala Bhairava, Swarna Akarshana Bhairava etc. etc.

A form/Rupa is not an Avatara.

In Thirubuvanam near Kumbakonam there is temple in which Sarabeswarar has a huge sannadhi I was there recently This God is in the form of winged lion more powerful than lion & elephant. I gathered that this is a form of Shiva (Avatar) taken to neutralize Narsimha after the later killed Hiranyakasyabu. Does Shiva take avatar? I was under the impression only Vishu takes Avatar. Correct? Jambu:tea:
Respected Dr Jambunathan

I had also recently in the month of April been to Tribhuvanm - Sarbeswarar Temple . Just to share what I gathered from the locals in the temple , here lord shiva has taken a Avatahram just to pacify Lord Nrusimhar i.e to reduce his anger and not Neutralize Nrusimhar .

As regards Avatharam of Lord Shiva well I am not too sure of the same , but we do worship him in the form of Lord Nataraja and more so in the form of Guru Bhagavan i.e Shri Dakshinamoorthy who is worshipped in all shiva Sthalams and is the preciding diety at Aalangudi ( Guru Kshetram amongst Navagraha Temples)

Thanks & Regards

N.Narayan

Sarabeswarar Sannidhi in Koyambedu temple is very popular. Every Sunday during Raghu Kaalam time (4.30 to 6 PM), the temple attracts huge crowd.

Both Sivan and Perumal temples are adjacent at Koyambedu. Saint Arunagirinathar has composed a song on Murugan in the temple.

The Perumal is known as `Vaikunthavasa Perumal' and is regarded as Nithya Vaikuntham.

Both the temples are ancient temples.

All the best

Arul From Sarabeshwarar

My Humble namaskaram toll,
Jambu mama Is very lucky to visit Lord sarabeshwarar. Once you get opportunity to Dharshan the Lord sarabeshwarar you will get all boon. Yes I am come to my point, lord sarbeshwarar is the one form of Bhairawar, the true form of Almighty, i am the witness of his blessing. I was living on his grace. After i dharshan the Prabhu lord Sarbeshwarar i got lot of good things in my life. Luckly my Causin brother Sri kannana Sivachariyar is the one of the Priest that great temble. I blessed all of you to dharshan Lord Srabeshwarar and lit Deepam and donate Red Vastram and offer 108 Lemen fruit mala for your convenient. you may contact me muthuxsathotmail.com

Dear all

Sarabha is a form of mythical bird which is a mixture of lion, man, eagle. That is this form is a bit greater than a combo of man and lion (narasimha). Since the anger of narasimha becomes uncontrollable, shiva took this form and pacified him. There is no difference between narasimha and saraba. Sarabeswarar himself said that they both are mixed like ghee in ghee and milk in milk.

The major thing to note here the two wives of saraba are Saraba soolini (Shri durga) and Prathyangira. These 2 forms of sakthi turned as two wings of saraba and then these two wings only controlled narasimha. Because, the male form alone will be filled with anger and uncontrollable. (Even the sarabha without his shakthi turns uncontrollable). SImilarly lakshmi narasimha is also very santha in nature. Since these two powerful sakthis are there, while we worship him, we will get the grace of 4 big deities (Narasimha, sarabha, durga, prathyangira). This is why the power of sarabha is this much great.

Pranams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back