• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marraige Into an Orthodox Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was not a priest's wife though. So maybe nose ring wearing is not caste based?

​This pretty lady has two nose rings and everyone admires her not only for her divine voice but also for her looks! :hail:

mss-10.jpg

Source: Google images

I wonder who that incognito friend is, who gave thumbs down to M S amma's image and my admiring comment on her! :confused:
But :cool: ........... Another friend balanced it with a thumbs up!!
cheer2.gif

She was not a priest's wife though. So maybe nose ring wearing is not caste based?
It is a well known fact that M S Amma lived, treating her husband next to God! :hail:

The saree and jewels to be worn for each concert was under strict supervision! :spy:

Of course, the dazzling diamond studs and nose rings (Tambrahm's pride) added to her divine looks.

LOL. Thank you for the Thumbs down. For once you have lived honestly for a moment. May this continue. I have given you a thumbs up for your performance.

Please define what do you mean by outdated religious practises. Please list them and I can tell you why they are not outdated.

A military recruit is given a dress code. Even the Techie in an IT company has a dress code to follow meticulously. All these are forced on the individuals. Yes, the dress defines the individual. If your vadhyar comes to your house wearing a jeans and T-shirt and helps you perform a Amavasya tharpanam or a sraadhdham, it would look funny. Don't you agree? Or he comes to your house for a Suvasini Puja that your wife wants to conduct in shorts and T-shirt with his wife wearing hot pants or a miniskirt. Would your wife be pleased to offer the lady the manjal, kunkukam and saree that she wants to give?Or would your wife also offer her a pair of hot pants and miniskirts along with a -- you know what?

A vadhyar is supposed to sport a tuft, wear panchagachcham, vibhuti or naamam on his forehead to act as a priest in ceremonies at the house of grihastas. This is just like a pastor wearing a cloak while conducting services in the church. A vadhyar's/priest's wife has also to follow a certain dress code because she happens to be the wife of a vadhyar/priest. What she does within the four walls of her house is her choice. But in public she does not have that liberty. A husband and wife are a two person army fighting their battles in the world for survival and happiness. There is no use talking about dishormony here among them. They go together in every journey or they lose their way.

Please give me a thumbs down to this post too as that will make me happy. And I will understand that you are at your wits end. LOL.

I am not writing about the soupaathika seshathvam and nirupaathika seshathvam of vaishnava faith and its philosophical meaning and content here -- though I was tempted to write -- as it may fly above you and there is no provision to give two thumbs down to one post here. LOL.
Vaagmiji

Thanks for thumbs up.

You appear to be a bit mixed up.

Priests/vadhyar might have a dress code suited to his profession.It does not mean that his wife should follow some dress code unless she has to perform some

professional duty at clients place to add to his coffers.{many vadhyars wives do that]. They also visit clients place for sumangali puja or receiving dhanam. She might add to

her husbands money collection by cooking for shraddha . But it is entirely her choice whether she offers her services for such things.In case she does that for financial

reasons to add to her husbands kitty or her pocket money she is making a conscious choice and she might have to dress for requirement of her job..She can very well

say no to it and continue in some other professional job in case she

is educated to add to the moola.Vadhyars daughters become IT professionals. Some marry vadhyars though not by choice. Their dress preferance entirely depends on

requirement of her job which is formal skirts and free dressing on fridays.

Your thinking is outdated. You do not know the ground realities.Please look around and transact with vadhyars and find out what their wives are upto.lol

I am giving you a thumbs up for your ignorance of ground realities.

By the way what is soupathika sheshatvam and nirupaathika seshatvam.I might even understand.

Thanks for thumbs up.You appear to be a bit mixed up.

LOL. I choose not to answer this.

Priests/vadhyar might have a dress code suited to his profession.It does not mean that his wife should follow some dress code unless she has to perform some professional duty at clients place to add to his coffers.{many vadhyars wives do that]. They also visit clients place for sumangali puja or receiving dhanam. She might add to her husbands money collection by cooking for shraddha .

Unlike other professions a priest's life is different. He is a vaidheeka. So there is no place for his wife wearing a miniskirt of her choice. period.

But it is entirely her choice whether she offers her services for such things.In case she does that for financial reasons to add to her husbands kitty or her pocket money she is making a conscious choice and she might have to dress for requirement of her job.

This is precisely what I have been saying all along. You got it finally. Now you know why I did not choose to answer the first point in this post. LOL.

She can very well say no to it and continue in some other professional job in case she is educated to add to the moola.Vadhyars daughters become IT professionals. Some marry vadhyars though not by choice. Their dress preferance entirely depends on requirement of her job which is formal skirts and free dressing on fridays.

Statements of the obvious. So I do not have to add anything.

Your thinking is outdated. You do not know the ground realities.Please look around and transact with vadhyars and find out what their wives are upto.lol

You are judgmental. You can keep your opinions. You really do not know me.

I am giving you a thumbs up for your ignorance of ground realities.

I am returning the compliment. LOL.

By the way what is soupathika sheshatvam and nirupaathika seshatvam.I might even understand.

It is not for you. So do not worry.

If you are very curious either read vaishnavite literature or go to kalakshepam. But I know you would do neither of it. LOL.

Vaagmiji

Who decides how vadhyar/priests wife should dress?

Not you or me for that matter.

I am speaking on basis of personal knowledge.

Wife of One of the top vadhyars in delhi wears maxis and receives all in that.

Daughter of a temple priest I know in bangalore is an IT professional . Here parents nor husbband from vadhyars family do not have any reservations on western dresses she

wears to her workplace .

These are random samples.

Would you bar the priest or vadhyar from entering your household if their spouse or child does not follow dress code you have decided for them?.lol

I find that strange and interesting.

Last edited:
Vaagmiji

Who decides how vadhyar/priests wife should dress?

Not you or me for that matter.

I am speaking on basis of personal knowledge.

Wife of One of the top vadhyars in delhi wears maxis and receives all in that.

Daughter of a temple priest I know in bangalore is an IT professional . Here parents nor husbband from vadhyars family do not have any reservations on western dresses she

wears to her workplace .

These are random samples.

Would you bar the priest or vadhyar from entering your household if their spouse or child does not follow dress code you have decided for them?.lol

I find that strange and interesting.
hi

you may know one famous vadhyar' s wife of east delhi area....she drives car and wears ONLY JEANS/TOP....i heard that she moved with

punjabi guy now....now a days...everyone moves with time/place...there is no exception...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tbs
,, you may know one famous vadhyar' s wife of east delhi area....

i heard that she moved with punjabi guy now....
Situation song:

[video=youtube_share;dodDteh-m3Q]https://youtu.be/dodDteh-m3Q[/video]

The popular dress of my colony for women [specially housewives] in the morning is maxi.

One finds dozens with child with school bags to put them in school buses.Also a few in milk queues and vegetable shops are attired similarly..

Most when one knocks on door of any flat, one will see only hand of women with open bag coming out to collect milk bags.Behind it if visible are the partially clad in maxis with hairs loose

looking like witches. A bit nightmarish to say the least.

They all assume only milkmen knock at that hour

These do not have time to dress in the morning.

One can see their point of view.

Last edited:
....... These do not have time to dress in the morning.

One can see their point of view.
I beg to differ, Krish Sir! They don't have the 'mind' to change the dress.

Wearing a saree might take 5 minutes but wearing a salwar kameez hardly takes one minute!

BTW, I hate nighties and wear only salwar kameez as evening + night dress. And I stitch my own sets

either from material bought or from rarely used sarees. :cool:

My own take is that Vadhyar's wife normally supports her husband..My family recently wet to our village (Ganapathy Agraharam) & had lunch at the Vadhyar's house...The wife was dressed in madisar & both husband -wife combo served us delicious food...It was a spiritual atmosphere...We were all very happy with the hospitality...

In case Daksha is OK with the change (as she does not want to offend her husband's family) why should we poke our nose in her belief & value system..

Hope this forum does not morph into a neo liberal movement!!

My own take is that Vadhyar's wife normally supports her husband.. .............
:thumb:Yes Ganesh! We see many such couples in Thirukkadaiyur also.

Dhaksha has chosen her soul mate and the way to live. Let us wish her all the best! :)

I beg to differ, Krish Sir! They don't have the 'mind' to change the dress.

Wearing a saree might take 5 minutes but wearing a salwar kameez hardly takes one minute!

BTW, I hate nighties and wear only salwar kameez as evening + night dress. And I stitch my own sets

either from material bought or from rarely used sarees. :cool:
It is better that these women are in maxis.

Otherwise if they are in salwar kameez they might get mistaken for domestic helps who are immaculately dressed in salwar kameez for their morning work in houses.

It is better that these women are in maxis.

Otherwise if they are in salwar kameez they might get mistaken for domestic helps who are immaculately dressed in salwar kameez for their morning work in houses.
:lol: ​Reminds me of the sweepers in Kerala, who take bath and come to work, with chandhan mark on their clean forehead! :)

hi

i think the any woman can choose their husband....after marriage....her choices are limited.....if she wants her own free will/choices...

better to be unmarried....other wise divorce inevitable,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back