• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

வாழ்வாங்கு வாழ

நல்லவனாக இரு, ஆனால் ஏமாளியாக அல்ல;
வல்லவனாக இரு, ஆனால் போக்கிரியாக அல்ல.

அறிந்தவனாக இரு, அலட்டிக்கொள்பவனாக அல்ல;
தெரிந்தவனாக இரு, தனிமைப்பட்டவனாக அல்ல.

கொடுப்பவனாக இரு, கொடுக்கும் இன்பதிற்காகவே;
தடுப்பவனாக இரு, தவறான செயல்களை மட்டுமே.

உதவி செய்பவனாக இரு, உதவியை எதிர்பார்த்து அல்ல;
ஊருக்கு நன்மை செய், பேரும் புகழும் அடைவதக்கு அல்ல.

துணிவுடையவனாக இரு, துயர்களைத் துடைப்பதற்கு;
பணிவுடயவனாக இரு, பதவியை எதிர் பார்த்து அல்ல.

சிந்தனை செய்பவனாக இரு, சீரிய முன்னேற்றத்திற்காக;
வந்தனை செய்பவனாக இரு, வானவர் அருள் பெறவே.

சக்தி உடையவனாக இரு, சாதித்து வெல்வதற்கு;
புத்தி உடையவனாக இரு, பகுத்து அறிவதற்காக.

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL LIVING.

Be good natured but do not end up becoming swindled.

Be strong but do not become a bully.

Be knowledgeable but do not become a show off.

Be well informed but do not live in an ivory tower.

Help others whenever and wherever possible, without expecting anything in return.

Help the society but not with the aim of earning fame and a good name.

Be bold and stand firm while fighting injustice.

Be truly humble and do not feign humility coveting some position or power.

Give away things for the mere joy of giving.

Give a tough time to the wrong doers.

Develop mental power to achieve what you have set out to.

Develop razor sharp intelligence to discern the good from the bad.

Learn to think clearly for self development.

Learn to pray for the blessings of the all powerful.

[url]https://visalramani.wordpress.com/about/%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D/%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE
%B4%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%B4%E0%AE%BF/[/URL]

Recently I was branded as a liar and a wicked woman by someone
who knows me ever since I was born long long ago!

I should have crumbled down and cried my heart out ... but I DID NOT !

Want to know The Real Reason ????

It is because I know myself very well - even if that person does not really know me!

I also knew it was said just to hurt me badly for being so cheerful and optimistic

despite all the odds and all the problems faced by me ( both foreseen and unforeseen)!

My prayer to Saraswati Devi is always this!

"buddhim dEhi yas'O dEhi kavithvam dEhi DEvi mE
moodthvam cha harEr dEvi thrAhi mAm saranAgatham"

உன்னை அறிவாய்!

உன்னை அறிந்தால், நீ உலகுக்கு அஞ்சவேண்டாம்.
உண்மையே பேசினால், மன உறுத்தல் வேண்டாம்.

தன்னை அறிந்தவன், மனத்துயர் அடைவதில்லை.
தன்னையே எண்ணித் இராத்துயில் இழப்பதில்லை.

நன்மையை விதைத்தால், நன்மையே விளைந்திடும்.
நம் நலம் விழைவோரை, நாம் நம்பிட வேண்டும்.

எய்தவன் இருக்க வெறும் அம்பை நோவதுபோல,
பொய் ஆகக் பிறர்மேல் கோபம் கொள்ள வேண்டாம்.

நல்லதை அன்றி அல்லதை எதிர்கொண்டாலும்,
அல்லல் பட்டு மனம் சற்றும் உழல வேண்டாம்.

"நடப்பது எல்லாம் நன்மைக்கே!" என்று நம்பி,
குடமாடும் கோவிந்தன் தாள் சரண் புகுவோம்.

நடமாடும் தெய்வம் அவன், நாடகமும் ஆடுவான்.
திடமாக நம்புவோர்க்கு, அவன் தன்னையே தருவான்.

வாழ்க வளமுடன்.
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

KNOW THYSELF.

If you know yourself well enough, you don’t have to bother about the opinions of the people around you.

If you speak the truth always, you will never be bothered by your conscience.

One who knows his true self does not become sad and spend sleepless nights tossing restlessly in his bed.
Good actions give rise to good consequences.

We must never doubt the sincerity of our well wishers.
We should not get angry at the arrow that pierces us, since the person who shot the arrow is the real culprit.

Do good deeds to reap goodness. Even at such times when good things elude and bad things force themselves on us, we must not lose out equanimity.

We should have a strong unshakable faith in God that He will never desert us.
Let us hold on to the lotus feet of Lord Govinda.

He is famous for enacting dramas to test the sincerity of our devotion, but He will never forsake anyone who has total trust in Him.

The Q, R, S, T of my eye surgery!

Q...Queer vision

The field of vision is now < or = 180 degress.
It feels strange not to have a peripheral vision! :(
I can imagine how a horse would feel with its eye shades on!

R...Reading glass

Reading glass is still necessary for most people - if they still wish to read. Bifocal spectacles for those with astigmatism.

S...Sacred eyes

Sacred eyes since a lot of money has been pumped into them for restoring clear sight. The normal God-given-eye may be misused, put under stress and strain mindlessly but not the man-given-eyes.

T ...Treadmill Test

That which is performed in some selected clinics, to keep the doctor mentally prepared, to chase the agile and active patient round the operation table, with the loaded needle, should he start to sprint like Mr. Bolt!

It feels queer when the Worth ( aka Greatness ) of one family member is brought to the notice of the other family members by someone who is almost a total stranger.

Strangers are not biased and get the right first impression - which is also the best impression.

Family members not only do not recognize the worth but also keep the person subdued by taking jabs at the rear with a blunt wooden sword!

Thank God they do not make one walk the plank to go with the jabbing!

விளக்கும், இருட்டும்

இயற்கையில் விந்தைகள் பல உண்டு;
இருளும், ஒளியும் இணைந்து இருப்பதும்,
இயற்கையின் விந்தைகளில் ஒன்றாகும்;
இது நாம் தினமும் காணும் ஒன்றாகும்!

ஒளியை உலகுக்கு அளிக்கும் அழகிய
விளக்கின் அடியில் இருள் மண்டும்;
விளக்கின் அடியில் உள்ள அந்த இடம்,
விளக்கின் ஒளியை அறிவதே இல்லை!

உயர்வால் ஒருவர் ஒளிர்ந்தாலும், அவர்
உயர்வின் ஒளியை, தொலைவில் இருந்து
பார்ப்பவர் மட்டுமே அறிந்து கொள்வார்;
பக்கலில் இருப்பவர் என்றும் அறிகிலார்!

பழகப் பழகப் பாலும் புளிக்கும் என்பார்,
நிழலாய் அருகில் இணைந்து உள்ளோரை,
விரும்பும் எண்ணம் விலகி மெல்லவே
அரும்பத் தொடங்கும் ஒரு வித வெறுப்பு.

அதிகப் பழக்கத்தால் அங்கு பிறக்கும்
அலட்சியம் மிகுந்த ஒரு மனோபாவனை.
நெருங்கி இருப்பதாலேயே ஒரு இகழ்ச்சி,
நெடுந்தொலைவில் இருப்பின் புகழ்ச்சி!

தன்னுடன் இருந்து தினமும் காத்திடும்
தனையனை காட்டிலும், தொலைவிலிருந்து
என்றோ வந்து கண்டு செல்லும் தனையனை
அன்றோ விரும்பிக் கொண்டாடுகின்றனர்!

உள்ளதை உள்ளபடிக் காண வேண்டும்;
நல்லதை எப்போதும் ஏற்க வேண்டும்;
திறமை நம் அருகில் இருப்பதினாலேயே,
சிறுமைப் படுத்தி அதனை இகழ வேண்டாம்!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

THE LIGHT AND THE DARKNESS.

It is one of Nature’s puzzles that light and darkness always coexist! It is a very common phenomenon we watch everyday.

A lit lamp gives out bright light to the world, but the area under the lamp never gets the light. It is always in darkness.

It is the same when a person reaches a great height by his constant efforts. The whole world will see him and appreciate him but not those who live nearby. Familiarity breeds contempt.

A person develops hatred towards the one who serves him most – while remaining quietly in the background. A strange concept prevails – that any known person can not be really great!

Parents cherish their children who live far way and visit them occasionally more than those who are with them, taking good care of them. We all know the story of the prodigal son.

We must not belittle persons just because they happen to live near to us. We must learn to see the things and persons in their true greatness and appreciate them.

https://visalramani.wordpress.com/about/%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D/%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF%E0%AE%B3%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%B0%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%9F%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D/

I saw a six months old baby girl in her mothers arms in the temple today.
The baby's name is AnvidhA.
I know AlvidhA but AnvidhA is new to me!!!
A search gave me this result!

Meaning of Anvitha | அந்விதா by its letters

Anvitha | அந்விதா name means:
A: Meaning of A in the name Anvitha | அந்விதா means: The letter A has two bars connected at a pointed edge and a cross bar holding them together. From an open end to a pointed edge signifies that all energies are trained to a point to achieve the most singularly important goal. The cross bar shows caution. Failure is avoided by stringing all required resources together. A also looks like a Pyramid with the peak as the apex of the Pyramid. Pyramids are iconic. A therefore symbolizes prominence and a desire to be recognized for ones achievements. The cross bar also represents a rung in ladder. To get to the top, one has to first step on the rung. It also means originality, a strong will power and an enterprising ability. The upper-case version consists of the two slanting sides of a triangle, crossed in the middle by a horizontal bar. It shows aspiration, the dominance to be successful, positive attitude, an optimistic world view and egotism.

N: Meaning of N in the name Anvitha | அந்விதா means: N has two stable ends on the ground and two upwards displaying confidence. It is willing to explore upwards as well as downwards indicating intellectual curiosity. It becomes sluggish if its spaces get filled with water thereby wasting talent from less agility. This makes it easily affected, but good fortunes always come to it.

V: Meaning of V in the name Anvitha | அந்விதா means: V sits on a single bottom end with to arms projecting upwards in a slanted way. It displays remarkable accessibility and its extensions show a desire to grasp. It is also authoritative and painstaking. It's shrewdness is seen in the fact that it converges it's energies at the bottom. It is therefore skilled or masterly in planning.

I: Meaning of I in the name Anvitha | அந்விதா means: I is a singular letter that thrives on it's on. It is altruistic, concerned, kind, responsive. It shows little tolerance to the outside, it is forceful, alert, self-reliant, loving, egoistic, mutinous, and learned.

T: Meaning of T in the name Anvitha | அந்விதா means: T is a vertical strand crossed at the top by a horizontal strand. With the top strand balanced in the middle by the vertical strand, T shows balance and stability in its ways. It is also forgoing and spiritual. With the top strand projected up by the bottom strand, T is highly ambitious, but also kind to others as it can let others rest on its horizontal top. This makes T selfless, cooperative, womanly and dutiful. It also displays a high degree of generosity and liberalism.

H: Meaning of H in the name Anvitha | அந்விதா means: H looks like a ladder. As a ladder, it implies rising from the bottom with effort. H shows inspiration and firmness. The connected of the uprights parts indicate impartiality. The letter H is upright and stable indicating calmness and self-reliance.

A: Meaning of A in the name Anvitha | அந்விதா means: The letter A has two bars connected at a pointed edge and a cross bar holding them together. From an open end to a pointed edge signifies that all energies are trained to a point to achieve the most singularly important goal. The cross bar shows caution. Failure is avoided by stringing all required resources together. A also looks like a Pyramid with the peak as the apex of the Pyramid. Pyramids are iconic. A therefore symbolizes prominence and a desire to be recognized for ones achievements. The cross bar also represents a rung in ladder. To get to the top, one has to first step on the rung. It also means originality, a strong will power and an enterprising ability. The upper-case version consists of the two slanting sides of a triangle, crossed in the middle by a horizontal bar. It shows aspiration, the dominance to be successful, positive attitude, an optimistic world view and egotism.

Gone are the days when we used to keep the name of s God/ Devi to the children.
Every time we call them by name, we would add to out merits aka puNNiyam!

The flat belonging to VivEk pAtti (aka BhalE pAtti) got sold at last.

The couple had no offspring and did not wish to draw a will favoring anyone.

Mami had a bad fall in the bathroom and mama got a heart attack trying to lift the hefty paatti single-handed. His heart could not handle that strain.

He passed away and mami went into amnesia or got Alzheimer's disease. She does not remember anything or anyone. A good-natured nephew is taking care of her.

Since the house documents were never to be traced, the hose became a saraNAlayam for the local cat population.

Now that fresh documents have been obtained the house finally got sold!
What is the fun in letting cats breed in a flat worth rupees 20 to 25 lakhs???

P. S.

That pAtti used to lament "Eppadi irunthavaL eppadi ayittEn paarungo!"
and hence earned the nickname VivEk pAtti - fondly conferred by me! :)

God works in mysterious ways!!!

Today is a full moon day + Aarudhra dharisanam day + 18th day of MArgazgi.

So we had a long schedule of puja in the temple early in the morning.

It was decided yesterday itself that we will do the pArAyaNam of Lalitha sahasra

nAma instead of the usual sahara nama archanai - just to to save some time.

Siva worship we will have to do any way and sing the Thiruppavai and Thiruvembai as usual.

The priest whose sareeram and saareeram resemble Maharajapuram Santhanam suddenly lost his voice when he had to do the archanai.

So he made us the 10+ ladies assemled in the temple to read the firs 100 namas from the nAmAvaLi.

10 x 100 = 1000 (sahasra)

So Devi made us chant the sahasra nama in a different manner but made sure it would add up to 1000 names all the same. We realized that there CAN BE no short cuts/ compromises/ alterations unless God approves of it. :hail:

Now I know almost all the staff members of the eye hospital by name.

So when I greeted each and everyone of them Happy New Year by recalling their name correctly they were really amazed.

I was happy my memory technique did not fail me, but there is one name which still eludes me.

101. Memory Techniques

There are many memory aiding techniques to help us remember lists, speeches and other unrelated but important information. The secret lies in making useful connection between the unconnected information to be remembered.

Musicians remember telephone numbers as a tune, by allotting each of the numbers its position in the musical scale! Ordinary people can employ several other methods equally efficiently.

An “Acronym” can be formed using a letter from each of the words to be remembered. The most famous acronym is the VIBGYOR, the colour in a rainbow from the lowest to the topmost. BRASS is the secret of good shooting. It means Breathe, Relax, Aim, Sight and Squeeze.

“Acrostic” is an invented sentence where the first few letters of each word is a cue to the idea to be remembered. The famous calendar acrostic goes thus:-
Janet was quite ill one day,
Febrile trouble came her way:
Martyr like she lay in bed,
Aproned nurses softly sped;
May be, said the leech judicial,
Junket would be beneficial;
The first three letters in each line was from the names of a calendar month.

“Rhyme-Key” method involves creating a key word and associating ideas with it. “One” rhymes with “bun” and can be associated with all bakery products. “Two” rhymes with “shoe” and can be used to remember things with legs. “Three” rhymes with “tree” and can be used for remembering fruits from trees.

“Image Name” technique involves relating the name to the physical appearance of the person. “Shirley Temple” has “Curly hair” around her “temple”.

“Loci Method” involves pinning down the facts on to the familiar settings like one’s own home. Each idea is attached to a room and as we take a mental tour in the house the ideas attached emerge in our memory.

Most things can be easily remembered and used to astonish our circle of friends, by successfully employing the most suitable memory technique.

Visalakshi Ramani

https://visalakshiramani.wordpress.com/articles/miraculous-mind/memory-techniques/

The paatti undergoing dialysis twice a week has taken off today!:rip:

An auspicious day for Siva but she was a staunch Vishnu devotee.

Proves that Siva as well as Vishnu had deliver a devotee from sufferings.

It is good that I visited her when she was alive - though she could not connect

with my local names "VeeNai maami" and "Paattu maami"

So no puja in the temple tomorrow since her house is adjacent to the temple.

In many temples, the priest would have the similar body structure as the God he worships.

I have seen many priests of Vinayaka temples with pot belly or being short and stout.

At least one priest of Hanuman temple was fidgety and hyperactive.

The priest who was doing pooja for the KaNNOLli Vinayakar saw me and said,

"POdungO! " instead of the usual "VaangO!" or "abhishekham paarungO!"

I remembered the taxi driver who made fun of the greedy priests.

8. வணங்கா முடிகள்.

முன்பு சில கோவில்களின் அர்ச்சகர்கள்,
திருமணம் செய்து கொள்ளாது இருந்தனர்;

அன்புடன் அரசன் அவர்களை அழைத்தாலும்,
வரும்படி அவனையே அவர்கள் பணிப்பார்கள்.

ஆத்ம பலம் மிகுந்திருந்ததால், அவர்கள்
அஞ்சவில்லை அரசனின் ஆணைகளுக்கு.

அரசனும் வேண்டும்போது எல்லாம்
பரம பணிவுடன் தானே சென்று வந்தான்.

கல்யாணம் அவர்கள் செய்து கொண்டதும்,
கதை தலை கீழாய் மாறிவிட்டது அங்கே!

முண்டி அடித்துக் கொண்டு அவர்கள்
முன் நிற்பார், அரசனைக் காண வேண்டி.

குடும்பம் பெருகிவிடவே, அவர்களின்
வரும்படி போதவில்லை போலும்.

கொடுக்கும் பிரசாதங்களுக்கு அரசனிடம்
கொடைகள் கேட்டாயினும் பெறலாயினர்.

வணங்கா முடிகள் முழுவதுமாக மாறி,
வணங்கும் முடிகள் ஆன விந்தையை

எண்ணி எண்ணி வியந்து சிரித்தான்,
மண்ணை ஆளும் சிறந்த மகாராஜன்.

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

ATMA BALAM.

When certain temple priests were bachelors they refused to go to the palace to meet the King.They always made the king come to them, for anything he or they might need.Theywere rich in Atma Balam and so the King did not mind visiting them.

But once they got married and begot children, they started making a bee line to the palace for any puny reason – so that they will get extra DhakshinA from the king to meet their ever growing expenditure.

The King felt amused to watch them, wondering how much the grahastAs differed from the brahmachAris!

https://visalramani.wordpress.com/about/2491-2/8-வணங்கா-முடிகள்/

இவள் ஒரு தாயா? நாயா? பேயா?

இருந்தும் இல்லாத ஒருவள் அவள்;
இறைவி என்று எண்ணி விடாதீர்கள்!

துறவியும் அல்ல அவள் - அன்றி ஓர்
இறைவியும் அல்லவே அல்ல அவள்!

நாய்களும், பேய்களும் கூட பேணும்
நல்ல முறையில் தத்தம் சிசுக்களை.

பசுக்களை விடவும் கேவலமாகத் தன்
சிசுக்களை நடத்துகின்றாள் இவள்!

வேண்டும் கணவன் ஒருவன் - தன்
வேண்டும் தேவைகளைப் பெற்றிட!

"வேண்டாம் சிசுக்கள் அவர்கள் - வெறும்
வேஸ்ட் ஆஃப் டைம்" என்று சொல்லுவாள்.

என்று மலரும் இவளிடம் நல்லறிவு? :noidea:
என்று மறையும் இவளின் புல்லறிவு?

உண்டா இதற்கு ஒரு விடிவு காலம் ?
உண்டெனச் சொல்லணும் நம் காலம்! :pray:

தந்தால் போதாது உணவும், உடையும்! :nono:
தர வேண்டும் தாய்ப் பாசமும், நேசமும்!

அநாதை இல்லமும் தரும் உணவு, உடைகள்!
அது போல் ஆகிவிடலாமா ஓர் இனிய இல்லம்? :moony:

The U of my eye surgery!

U...U V Rays

That which is a threat to every part of the body and specially to the eyes.

Outdoor Risk Factors

Anyone who spends time outdoors is at risk for eye problems from UV radiation. Risks of eye damage from UV and HEV exposure change from day to day and depend on a number of factors, including:

• Geographic location. UV levels are greater in tropical areas near the earth's equator. The farther you are from the equator, the smaller your risk.
  • Altitude. UV levels are greater at higher altitudes.
  • Time of day. UV and HEV levels are greater when the sun is high in the sky, typically from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  • Setting. UV and HEV levels are greater in wide open spaces, especially when highly reflective surfaces are present, like snow and sand.
  • In fact, UV exposure can nearly double when UV rays are reflected from the snow. UV exposure is less likely in urban settings, where tall buildings shade the streets.
  • Medications. Certain medications, such as tetracycline, sulfa drugs, birth control pills, diuretics and tranquilizers, can increase your body's sensitivity to UV and HEV radiation.

Surprisingly, cloud cover doesn't affect UV levels significantly. Your risk of UV exposure can be quite high even on hazy or overcast days. This is because UV is invisible radiation, not visible light, and can penetrate clouds.

Courtesy Ultraviolet Radiation and Sunglasses: How To Protect Your Eyes

இவள் ஒரு தாயா? நாயா? பேயா?
ஓ! இத்தனை கோபம் ஏனோ?? :mad2:

'அவள்' நல்லவளா? கெட்டவளா? :decision:

தாய்க்கு உதவ வெளி நாடு சென்றால் - அவள், :plane:
சேய்க்கு எப்படித் தாயன்பு கிடைத்திடும்? :noidea:

சேய்க்கு நல்ல தாயாக இல்லாதவளே - சிறந்த, :pout:
சேயாக நல்ல பெயர் எடுப்பாள் தாயிடம்!! :angel:

வாழ்ந்து முடித்த தாயா??? வாழ வேண்டிய சேயா???

அந்தப் பாட்டியை யார் வேண்டுமானாலும் பார்த்துக் கொள்ள முடியும்!
சொந்தக் குழந்கதைளைத் ஒரு தாய் தான் பார்த்து கொள்ள முடியும்!

வாழ்வின் எல்லையில் நிற்கும் குடுகுடு கிழவிகள் முக்கியமா???
வாழ வேண்டிய சின்னஞ் சிறு துறுதுறு குழவிகள் முக்கியமா???

கணவனோ கல்யாணம் பண்ணியும் பிரம்மச்சாரி !!!
குழந்தைகளோ தாயிருந்தும் தாய் இல்லாதவர்கள்!!!

வீட்டு வேலை, வெளி வேலை, குழந்தைகள், வீடு எல்லாம்
விட்டு விட்டு நிம்மதியாக இருப்பவளும் ஒரு பெண் தானா?

தற்காத்துத்(1) தற்கொண்டாற் பேணி (2) தகை சான்ற
சொற்காத்துச் (3) சோர்வில்லாதவள் (4) அல்லவா ஒரு பெண்???

அன்புக்கு ங்கும் சின்னக் குழந்தைகள் - அறியாமல்

துன்பச் சூழலில் சென்று சிக்காமல் இருக்க வேண்டும்! :pray:

Last edited:
Angels make us of their beauty and charm to posses their family members!

It is NOT just the wicked demons that possess unsuspecting victims.

Under the label of selfless LOVE from the family members,

angels do more damage to the members of the family than demons.

She is an Angel to her own mother and you-know-what

to those to whom she is the mother!

The husband is getting punished just because he is a perfect gentleman.

Another case of "NEkhi karO joothE khAvO!"

He gets exhausted taking her classes in addition to his own/doing the cooking/

washing clothes and vessels / bathing and taking care of the young children/

getting them ready for their school/ shopping for grocery /maintaining the house.

When even two people find these chores tiring and demanding, what to say of one person?

He does not get any free time to talk to or play with his children

The other parent is as real as an elusive dream!

My heart bleeds while I feel so helpless and useless!

I will NEVER expect anyone to take care of me - sacrificing the interests of the growing children-

who need love, support, reassurance to become emotionally strong, stable and self-confident.

If I had a daughter who behaves so irresponsibly, I shall teach her real duties and commitments.

The V of my eye surgery!

Vision restored thanks to the surgery.
Vision does not mean just the ability to see.
It means a lot more than that.

Full Definition of VISION

1a : something seen in a dream, trance, or ecstasy; especially : a supernatural appearance that conveys a revelationb : a thought, concept, or object formed by the imaginationc : a manifestation to the senses of something immaterial <look, not atvisions, but at realities — Edith Wharton>

2a : the act or power of imaginationb (1) : mode of seeing or conceiving (2) : unusual discernment or foresight<a person of vision>c : direct mystical awareness of the supernatural usually in visible form

3a : the act or power of seeing : sightb : the special sense by which the qualities of an object (as color, luminosity, shape, and size) constituting its appearance are perceived through a process in which light rays entering the eye are transformed by the retina into electrical signals that are transmitted to the brain via the optic nerve

4a : something seenb : a lovely or charming sight

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vision

The W of my eye surgery!

W ... Writer.

The young man - with a scarred pupil waiting on the bench to get operated - made me happy by claiming to be writer too. The excitement lasted until he disclosed that he was the writer in a chit fund company.
rolleyes.png

Coimbatore and Chit fund frauds are inseparable. The only warning I got from all my friends and well wishers when we decided to settle down in Coimbatore was "Beware of the chit funds - however long standing or reputed!"

Last edited:
The X, Y, Z of my eye surgery!

X...Xcitement

The excitement after knowing that the lens has got seated properly and there is no punctured blood vessel or allergy due to the use of the eye drops.

Y... Yellow coated IOL

The cornea absorbs light with a wavelength below 295 nm and the crystalline lens absorbs light with a wavelength below 400 nm.

Therefore, the human retina is protected from short-wavelength light, automatically.

After cataract surgery with the implantation of a clear intraocular lens (IOL), the retina is now exposed to short-wavelength light.

Consequently, yellow intraocular lens has emerged as a blue blocker. From recent studies, it has been revealed that blue-light filtering IOLs may have protective effects against exudative age related macular degeneration

Courtesy:
The Effect of Yellow Tinted Intraocular Lenses on the Result of Frequency Doubling Perimetry after Cataract Surgery

Z...Zorro's mask or eye shade for protecting the eyes for the first few days after the surgery when dozing off to the ZZZZ land!

The surgeon offered to perform laparoscopic surgery aka keyhole surgey.

But the gentleman insisted on the traditional surgery with a cut not less than 12" long.

The surgeon got stunned until he understood the real reason behind this weird request!

The wife of that an had undergone hysterectomy with bikini area slice and had a scar 6" long

So he would settle for nothing less than twice the length of her scar!

Have no doubt. He deserves the name "Nutmost the utmost with infinite ego!"

Latest ads

Back