• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Am I breaking away from tradition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Prasad Sir. :)

My observations about kunkumam and sindhoor are these:

1. Kumkumam is easier to wash than sindhoor. :cool:

2. Madurai thAzham poo kunkumam has an exotic fragrance. :thumb:

3. Some people are allergic to turmeric and hence to kunkumam because its basic ingredient is turmeric.

4. If kunkumam is kept continuously at the start of the vagidu, it make the hair in that area thinner! :shocked:

5. In summer, we sweat a lot. So, kunkumam / sindhoor will mix with sweat and slide down towards the nose (gravity!!). :D

Taking all these into account, my style is this!

i) Wear a maroon / deep red sticker bindi and draw a dark pink line above that, with Eyetex liquid kunkumam.
ii) At the start of the vagidu, smear dark pink lip liner, which appears like sindhoor. :peace:

Situation song can be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kbd1EHBFLs

:dance:

To day குங்கும பாெட்டு is more than
"மங்களம்" sentiments ! It is political statment even for Rahul! Fashion statement for Usha udup - trade mark for Kunakkudi -Cause for Dermatitis for many!

P1271936.JPG

Namaskarams
Please observe the sindhoor at the vahidu. MS Amma at the young age. It is not the recent trend. It is a traditional one.

Anbuden
Adiyen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back