• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Aavani Ammavasai Tharpanam Mantrams and Details

Sir,
Avani Ammavasai thidhi today starts only from 02.03 PM. Is it permitted to do Ammavasai tharppanam today before 2.03pm (in Chatur dashi thidhi ) or to be performed only tomorrow, 01-09-2016. Tomorrow's star changes at 10.53 AM from Makham to Poorvaphalguni. For the sankalpa, is it in order to recite the staras Poorvaphalguni when you perform tharppaNam after 10.53 am tomorrow. Plase guide

it is permitted to do amavasya tharpanam to day. If the amavasya thithi is there during sunset all can do amavasya tharpanam in the morning itself. saying sankalpam as chathuthasi thithi. Tomorrow as per vakya panchangam you may do saying star makam thath upari poorva palkuni as amamvasai is there upto 3 pm.

hi

is any information about solar eclipse /Lunar eclipseon september 1st /september 15th in india?....it is not visible in USA...

Vannakum,

I require your guidance regarding rituals to be performed for my late Mother, of Tamil descent, who was called to rest on the 09[SUP]th[/SUP] of June 2016 (the 27[SUP]th[/SUP] day of Vaikaasi Masam 2016), 5 days after the beginning of the New Moon Phase - Amavasya (White Moon Phase, the 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] day of Vaikaasi Masam 2016).

Country of residence: South Africa
City: Johannesburg
Time of death: 3am - 5am
Time Zone: GMT+2
Latitude: 26-15-05 S
Longitude: 28-10-27 E

We, the family were advised dissimilar dates by different Tamil Priests regarding the date for the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Month Prayer. Due to the confusion and no fault of ours, I was most saddened when I discovered that we had unintentionally missed the actual Ritual/Prayer date, which would have been on the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] of August 2016 (23[SUP]rd[/SUP] day of Aadi Masam 2016).

Brief explanation of calculations noted below:

I was left with no choice but to commit to researching, understanding and empowering myself with knowledge, and gathering factual information pertaining to the exact Prayer/Ritual dates to be calculated according to One Moon Cycle, which is from the New Moon Phase to the Full Moon Phase of every month according to the 2016 -2017 Tamil Calendar. Taking into account Shukla Paksha, the phase that falls on either side of the Full Moon.

My calculations/method included; 1st Moon Cycle, (Count 5 days from the New Moon Cycle, and add further 5 days thereafter, (8[SUP]th[/SUP] Day Ceremony + 16[SUP]th[/SUP] Day Ceremony) and continued the count until the Full Moon Cycle, add further 5 days thereafter), and so on.

3[SUP]rd [/SUP]Moon Cycle:

(Calculation of 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Month Prayer) – New Moon Phase 02[SUP]nd[/SUP] August 2016 (18[SUP]th[/SUP] day of Aadi Masam 2016), (Add 5 days from the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] day of the New Moon = 07[SUP]th[/SUP] of August). Culminating into the Full Moon Phase date as per the Calendar, 18[SUP]th[/SUP] of August 2016 (2[SUP]nd[/SUP] day of Aavani Masam 2016).

It is said if the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Month Ritual for the departed Soul is not performed or forgotten, the Soul is regarded as 'LOST' or 'ROAMING', and due to this, the immediate family may be directly impacted. Therefore, it is recommended that we offer sacrifices and powerful prayers that will bring comfort and peace to the departed soul.

We have since been advised of a SPECIAL PRAYER FOR THE (ATHMA SANGATHI) PEACE AND LIBERATION FROM BONDAGE OF DEPARTED SOULS, to be performed every Month on the day of Amavasya - known as Pitru Tharpanam Amavasya.

I therefore, plead to you for guidance, as to the method of practice and requirements for the mentioned Prayer or Sacrifice that must be observed, and will result in our Late Mother's Soul to humbly depart this earth and guide her Athma into Lord Shiva's Abode and Pray she attains Shanti.

Nandri

போதாயனம் அமாவாசை என்றால் என்ன...? இந்நாளின் சிறப்பு என்ன...? தெரிந்தவர்கள் தயவு செய்து கூறுங்கள்

Really Useful who do not get vathiyar and people in far away places. Wonderful sevice

Wonderful service to Hindus and Brahmins. Really thankful for your kind service. Helpful to many. I did tharpanam following your sankalpa manthras today. Thanks a Ton. Rajkumar Iyer.

Aavani Ammavasai Tharpanam Details, Slokas and Step by Step procedure for Yajur Vedam, Sama Vedam and Rig Vedam.

Thanks to our member KGopalanji for sharing these. :clap2:

Aavani Ammavasai Tharpanam Details, Slokas and Step by Step procedure for Yajur Vedam, Sama Vedam and Rig Vedam.

Thanks to our member KGopalanji for sharing these. :clap2:

Dear sir,

You are doing a great service to our community, these mantrams are nicely collated and clearly written. I have a query, for people residing in USA do you have sankalpa mantra (mamopaatha samastha...)? while performing in india we say "baaratha varshe/baratha kante" so do we have equivalent sankalpam for USA.. please help.

Dear sir

This is balaji, my pranams to all. I have a query - while doing tarpanam do we need to keep one koorcham or two koorchams.. i belong to Bodayana sutra and my mother is alive. Also while doing kusothakam we say below mantram and remove koorchams, here i have a query.. if mother is alive do we need to exclude மாதா in the mantram. Please clarify.

எஷாம்ந மாதா ந பிதா ந ப்ராதா ந ச பாந்தவா

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 141
போதாயனம் அமாவாசை என்றால் என்ன...? இந்நாளின் சிறப்பு என்ன...? தெரிந்தவர்கள் தயவு செய்து கூறுங்கள்

ஸ்ரீ க்ருஷ்ண பகவான் துரியோதனனிடம் யுத்தம் வேண்டாம் எனச்சொல்லியும் துரியோதனன் கேட்கவில்லை.. யுத்தம் ஆரம்பிக்க நாள் பார்க்க சொல்லி சகாதேவனிடம் சொன்னான்,. சகாதேவனும் அமாவசை அன்று யுத்தம் ஆரம்பித்தால் கெளரவர்கள் ஜயிப்பார்கள் என்று நாள் பார்த்து சொன்னான்.

ஜோதிடத்தில் வல்லுனர் சகாதேவன்.. ஸ்ரீ க்ருஷ்ணர் ஸுர்யணையும், சந்திரனையும் வரச் சொன்னார்.. சூரியனும் சந்திரனும் சேர்ந்து வந்தார்கள்.. அமாவசையன்று சூரியனும், சந்திரனும் சேர்ந்து ஒரே ராசியில் இருக்கும்..

இப்போது சூரியனும், சந்திரனும் சேர்ந்து வந்திருப்பதால் இப்போது தான் அமாவாசை. எல்லோரும் தர்பணம் செய்யுங்கள் என்று சொன்னார். எல்லோரும் அமாவாசை தர்பணம் செய்தார்கள் .துரியோதனனுக்கு செய்தி

எட்டியது. இன்று அமாவாசை என நம்பி உடனே. யுத்தம் செய்ய ஆரம்பித்தான். அமாவாசைக்கு முதல் நாள் யுத்தம் செய்ய ஆரம்பித்ததால். தோற்றான்.

ஸ்ரீ க்ருஷ்ணர் அங்கு இருந்த போதாயனர் என்ற பெயருள்ள முனிவரை கூ
ப்பிட்டு சூத்திரம் எழுத சொன்னார். . அவரும் எழுதினார். இதுவே போதாயன சூத்திரம். இதை அநுசரித்தவர்கள் யாதவ குல இடையர்கள்.
இவர்களே யஜுர் வேத போதயன காரர்கள் ஆனார்கள். யஜுர் வேதத்திற்கு ஆபஸ்தம்பர் எனும் ரிஷி சூத்திரம் எழுதினார்..

யஜுர் வேதத்தை ஆபஸ்தம்பர்; போதாயனர் என இருவர் சூத்திரம் எழுதி அதை இரு சூத்திர காரர்களும் அந்தந்த சூத்திரப்படியே அதே வழி முறையில் வந்து கொண்டிருக்கிறார்கள்.

ஆபஸ்தம்ப சூத்திரத்தில் இல்லாதது போதாயன சூத்திரத்தில் இருந்தால் அதையே ஆபஸ்தம்ப சூத்திரத்திற்கு விரோதம் இல்லாமல் இருந்தால் ஆபஸ்தம்ப சூத்திர தாரர்கள் போதாயண சூத்ர ப்ரகாரேண என்று சொல்லி செய்யலாம்..

Dear sir

This is balaji, my pranams to all. I have a query - while doing tarpanam do we need to keep one koorcham or two koorchams.. i belong to Bodayana sutra and my mother is alive. Also while doing kusothakam we say below mantram and remove koorchams, here i have a query.. if mother is alive do we need to exclude மாதா in the mantram. Please clarify.

எஷாம்ந மாதா ந பிதா ந ப்ராதா ந ச பாந்தவா

உங்கள் தகப்பனார் செய்த முறைபடி தான் நீங்களும் செய்ய வேண்டும். உங்கள் தகப்பனாரின் சகோதரர்கள் அல்லது அவர்கள் குமாரர்கள் செய்வது போல் நீங்களும் செய்யலாம் . ஒரு கூர்ச்சம் அல்லது இரு கூர்ச்சம் என்பது உங்கள் மூதாதயர் செய்த படி செய்ய வேண்டும்.
எவருக்கு மாதா, பிதா, சகோதரன் என்ற உறவினர் யாருமில்லையோ அவர்களுக்கு , அவர்கள் எந்த கோத்ரமாக இருந்தாலும் சரி அவர்களுக்கு எனது குசோதகத்தை நான் அளிக்கிறேன் என்று நீங்கள் சொல்வதால் நீங்கள் ஏஷாம் ந மாதா ந பிதா ந ப்ராதா என்றே சொல்ல வேன்டும்.

Latest ads

Back