• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

sandhyavandanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Suri sir,

The entire procedure is given in this below link
http://www.scribd.com/doc/929266/sandhyaVandanamProcedure

there are so many books available to enlighten in this aspect and are available in almost all bookshops also. I think this link is also nice and worthy to do sandhi. But in dikvandana part some slokas like yamaya dhramrajaya..., ridhahm satyam..., narmadayai..., apasarpa sarpa... all are missing in this. Also this seems to be vaishnava sampradaya. Anyhow both sahres the same mantra. Getting a book with postures explained will be more helpful in this I think.

Pranams

Last edited:
Giri Traders have Published Sandhyavandana book for all sects with nice illustrations.I generally buy and gift them during Upanayanams.It is available with English instructions also.
also available is the Nicely packed Amavasya tharpana set with poonals,dharbai,koorcham,pavithram,instruction sheet etc to last one year.Good,handy one very useful for those staying abroad.

thanks for link shown Durgadasan Sir.it is quite useful.i am doing pratha and sayam sandhya regularly the mantras told by my father and also by aathu saastrigal. but what i want to know is whether what i am doing is as given in any book or so .When i saw in the link is a bit different than what i am doing.Hence i thought somebody may have that in the form of a book or pdf .i would like to get in ANDHRA Sampradaya,aaslayana soothra.
namaskarams to members
suri

Oh... Am sorry sir. I think you have mentioned that in the first post itself. I dont know about andhra sampradaya. Why dont you share the differences in the mantras with us...

Pranams

dear all
thanks Durgadasan sir for your reply.Recently i got a photocopy of a book"RIGVEDA AASVALAYANA THRIKALA SANDHYAVANDHANAM( ANDHRA SAMPRADAYAM) i will try to scan it and post it soon.but i dont know how the reception will be .the compilers name is not there,but the printers address is Ramana Buisness services,69/6 Arya Gowda Road.W.Mambalam.Chennai -33 Tel# 2484 8144
suri

Dont consider about the receiving end sir... Always people here are eager to know new things. So you can very well scan and post it. Eagerly wiating to know the exact differences...

Pranams

Dont consider about the receiving end sir... Always people here are eager to know new things. So you can very well scan and post it. Eagerly wiating to know the exact differences...

Pranams

Just some time back I have uploaded the english typed version of Rigveda sandya vandanam. for benificial of the member again herewith I am uploading.

you can even download book from the following web:
Sandhyavandanam full new-rev8

Pranam.

Attachments

• sandyavandanam.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,266
Thanks a lot Srinikam. really a useful link. But I couldn't find any differences between usual yajur veda sandhi and this. Suri sir said something special as "Asvalayana sutra sandhyavandanam". Is there any difference between usual yajur veda sandhi and this rig veda sandhi?? Kindly clarify.

Pranams

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Srinikam. really a useful link. But I couldn't find any differences between usual yajur veda sandhi and this. Suri sir said something special as "Asvalayana sutra sandhyavandanam". Is there any difference between usual yajur veda sandhi and this rig veda sandhi?? Kindly clarify.

Pranams

I don't know really. As far as my knowledge goes, the difference between vedas are that, there will be change in swaras, reduction of some verses from Rig, which considered the oldest or first veda.

However I will enquire with my uncle when I meet him who is a scholar.

Oh Ok sir. Because, Suri sir has stressed that. Iam eagerly waiting for his post. Our usual sandhi we people know well I think (For heaven sake I know well). So, Iam eager to know the differences with other vedas. (Mine is Yajur veda apasthamba sutra). The sandhi which you posted is totally coinciding with my tradition. (not even a single deviation I found). Thanks for your response.

Pranams.

Sorry Suri sir

Am unable to open "rapidshare". Is it available in anyother sites? If not, can you please post the differences between the yajur veda and rig veda sandhya mantras???

Pranams

Durga

I can send you the software 'rapidshare'. If you are interested
you may like to send me your email id. thro a private mail. I shall forward it from my gmail id pls.

"அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!" _ திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ்

sandhyavanadanam

namaskaram to all
as i do not know how to upload in this TB web site hence i asked my son to upload .he said uploading through rapidshare is faster.sorry for any inconvenience caused Mr.Durga Sir. if you can let me know your email id i can send the scanned copy to you.or if anybody suggest how to upload in TB i will be happy to do so.
suri

namaskaram to all
as i do not know how to upload in this TB web site hence i asked my son to upload .he said uploading through rapidshare is faster.sorry for any inconvenience caused Mr.Durga Sir. if you can let me know your email id i can send the scanned copy to you.or if anybody suggest how to upload in TB i will be happy to do so.
suri

Suri Sir,

I just downloaded. It is same like kannada sampradayam. It has more nyasam (for all activity there are nyasam) & mantrams.

Also herewith enclosing a web link, which gives you all detailed in sanskrit, which is containing rig, yajur & samaveda collections.

http://sanskritdocuments.org/doc_1_index.html

Also this website works for sanskrit popularisation.

Last edited:
Hello Suri Sir,

I recently registered on TB site and gone through this particular thread on Sandhyavandhanam.
I'm from Andhra Rig Veda Asulayana Suthram family and I would like to see your Sandhyavandhanam [ Rig Veda Asulayana Suthram ] e-book.
Please share it with me if you can.

Thanks very much.

Pranamams.
Vinod

RIGVEDA AASVALAYANA Sandhyavandanam

Hi Suri sir

Could you kindly share the pdf of RIGVEDA AASVALAYANA THRIKALA SANDHYAVANDHANAM( ANDHRA SAMPRADAYAM). I have been searching this for a while and would greatly benefit from this.
Satish
dear all
thanks Durgadasan sir for your reply.Recently i got a photocopy of a book"RIGVEDA AASVALAYANA THRIKALA SANDHYAVANDHANAM( ANDHRA SAMPRADAYAM) i will try to scan it and post it soon.but i dont know how the reception will be .the compilers name is not there,but the printers address is Ramana Buisness services,69/6 Arya Gowda Road.W.Mambalam.Chennai -33 Tel# 2484 8144
suri

dear all
if you can send your mailing address, i will be happy to send photo copy of the book i got.
thanks for the interest shown
suri
Hi Suri sir

Could you kindly share the pdf of RIGVEDA AASVALAYANA THRIKALA SANDHYAVANDHANAM( ANDHRA SAMPRADAYAM). I have been searching this for a while and would greatly benefit from this.
Satish

Dear Sabesan Sir,
Thanks for the posting. I got in to the forum to ask this question and i got my answer from your post.

Thanks again.

Dear Suri sir,

I'm unable to send my email address through personal message hence I'm trying to post it on the site itself, so that you can send the scanned copy to the address
[email protected].

thanks,

Regards,
vinod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back