• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

'Disparaging' comments against Brahmins: Maharashtra Minister Kamble appologises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Ramakrishna Hegde in Karnataka and P V Narasimhara Rao in AP? Were they are Bs?

There were 2 Brahmin CM's in Karnataka-Gundu Rao who ruled for 3 years & Ramakrishna Hegde who ruled for 5 years & 7 months in the 80's
In Andhra Pradesh, our Ex PM Narasimha Rao, a Telugu Brahmin was a CM for a short period of 2 years & 3 months in the 70's
In Kerala too E.M.S.Namboodiripad, a Brahmin ruled for about 5 years
There was no organised hit & run violence against Brahmins in other South Indian States as in TN

There were 2 Brahmin CM's in Karnataka-Gundu Rao who ruled for 3 years & Ramakrishna Hegde who ruled for 5 years & 7 months in the 80's
In Andhra Pradesh, our Ex PM Narasimha Rao, a Telugu Brahmin was a CM for a short period of 2 years & 3 months in the 70's
There was no organised hit & run violence against Brahmins in other South Indian States as in TN

V Ganesh Ji,

Unlike Kartaka and Andhra , in Tamil Nadu, Big River has left an indelible impact on Tamilians and this ensured unterrupted Dravian Rule in Tamil Nadu.

In Tamil Nadu, there are University, Colleges and lot of other Educational Institutes and other Orgnaisations, Science and Technology Centre, Bridges, etc were named after him and there are statues of him erected in every nook and corner of Tamil Nadu and at arterial Roads, if I am right there are two Statues of him at Anna Salai.

That makes the difference.

V Ganesh Ji,

Unlike Kartaka and Andhra , in Tamil Nadu, Big River has left an indelible impact on Tamilians and this ensured unterrupted Dravian Rule in Tamil Nadu.

In Tamil Nadu, there are University, Colleges and lot of other Educational Institutes and other Orgnaisations, Science and Technology Centre, Bridges, etc were named after him and there are statues of him erected in every nook and corner of Tamil Nadu and at arterial Roads, if I am right there are two Statues of him at Anna Salai.

XXX filled Tamil people's mind with poison..The so called NB upper castes who were rich & land owning also joined hands with him..The Telugus were one of the ardent supporters of XXX....As a reward all were made OBC in successive DMK Governments!!

As I too had been recounted many times that the term "Hindu" originated from the word "sindhu", I google searched "Is Hindu a corrupted form of Sindhu" and the search revealed predominant support for that theory, of course with a few articles demurring.

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?ei=j...rrupted+form+of+sindhu&newwindow=1&start=10&*

But this is hardly surprising because most of the articles relied on that premise which was popularised during Moghul and British rule. It is very similar to the now almost discredited theory of Aryan Invasion. Though the theory is discredited, the same continues to be taught.

The presence of alphabet for "sin" in arabic or persian does not mean much in my humble opinion, because scripts for writing were formed much later than native dialects and many alphabets have appeared and disappeared during the currency of a language. For example, the letter "La" in Hindi which was taught in schools when I was studying does not find a mention now and the same is the case with tamizh "ja". Raji mam's name would be written in tamizh as "rAsi" in the present day.

Further, I have worked in Gujarat for a number of years and it is very common especially for rural folks to pronounce 'sa" as "ha". Even one of the biggest cities in Gujarat named "Surat" would be pronounced as "Hoorat" by many rural folks and tribals especially in the tribal belts of Dangs, Central Gujarat districts of Panchamahals and also the people of Jamnagar district almost bordering Pakistan.

I think Hindukush mountain range may hold a clue for terming the inhabitants on this (Indian) side of the range as being called Hindus.

Dear Sir,

Thank you detail reply.

I am still searching for an answer as for origin of word Hindu.

So many theories.

Stephen Knapp feels its a corrupted form of Sindhu but he does not get too accurate in some areas.

Anyway I am planning to ask a learned person who is well versed in Pre Islamic Arabic grammar too..lets see what his opinion is on this.

Will get back on this.

This'll about Draupati - her vastraharana - origin and meaning of that word. Should be interesting to all K.Hasan included

Both the incidents where women’s clothes are taken away from them (Draupadi in the Kaurava assembly and the gopis by the river), are labelled vastraharana. In each case, we assume that resonant, violent abstract noun refers to the women’s moment of shame when they might be naked in public. It was on that crowded Sunday morning at the Victoria Memorial that I remembered that the root hr in Sanskrit (which gives us harana) has a host of meanings, some contradictory, as they range from ‘rob’ to ‘remove’ to ‘fetch’ and ‘offer.’ And for the first time, I thought that naming Draupadi’s humiliation vastraharana might not have been about her. It might be about the male god who offered her a garment without end.

Renuka can enlighten more

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...the-disrobing-of-draupadi/article17496526.ece

EMS was no brahmin. He was a communist first and a communist last (what you can call in Hindi as kaTTarpanthi vAmpanthi). His parentage was brahmin, no more than that.

. It was on that crowded Sunday morning at the Victoria Memorial that I remembered that the root hr in Sanskrit (which gives us harana) has a host of meanings, some contradictory, as they range from ‘rob’ to ‘remove’ to ‘fetch’ and ‘offer.’

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...the-disrobing-of-draupadi/article17496526.ece

I wonder why the author decides to say that the meanings of words from the root word Hr are contradictory.

For this one needs to understand the concept of root words(Dhatu).

The root word here is Hr..but depending on the prefix or even suffix added the meanings might appear to differ but it will hover around the same basic concept.

Its from the same root word Hr we get words like Vihara,Harana and even the word Hrdaya has the root Hr as one of his components

In case of Hr...its all about movement...whether one takes away or offers or dwells(Vihara)..the root word Hr denotes the act of movement from one point to another.

There is no contradictory situations here if one understands this concept even though the meaning might seem to differ or even be at either end of the spectrum.

Last edited:
V Ganesh Ji,

It is not so. Population plays a major role in India.

If Bs have sizeable vote percentage in TN, things would have been rather different.

It is not so. Population plays a major role in India.

If Bs have sizeable vote percentage in TN, things would have been rather different.

Chandru Ji,

How can this happen…..?

All the agraharam are empty now and older generation have moved to Metros for obvious reasons.

During 1960s, most of the TBs have migrated to then Bombay looking for job opportunities.

Besides, TBs have steadily reduced the size of their families with a eye on improving the standard of education and living over last few centuries.

With more than 75% of younger generation of TBs having moved to foreign land in pursuit of green pastures, this community is in fact waning and we have already discussed this topic number of times.

Chandru Ji,

How can this happen…..?

All the agraharam are empty now and older generation have moved to Metros for obvious reasons.

During 1960s, most of the TBs have migrated to then Bombay looking for job opportunities.

Besides, TBs have steadily reduced the size of their families with a eye on improving the standard of education and living over last few centuries.

With more than 75% of younger generation of TBs having moved to foreign land in pursuit of green pastures, this community is in fact waning and we have already discussed this topic number of times.

Sir,

What is the reason for this? Bs are not ready to swim the current, right from the Vedic period.

In the Vedic period, we lived under the mercy of Pshatriyas, subsequently switched to powerful people.

We are not prepared to perform tough jobs, irrespective of nature, but always prefer white colour jobs, which is one of the reasons for drastic reduction in population, apart from lack of unity.

Sir,

What is the reason for this? Bs are not ready to swim the current, right from the Vedic period.

In the Vedic period, we lived under the mercy of Pshatriyas, subsequently switched to powerful people.

We are not prepared to perform tough jobs, irrespective of nature, but always prefer white colour jobs, which is one of the reasons for drastic reduction in population, apart from lack of unity.
hi
i agreed ...we brahmins always mercy of rajas/kshartiyas/britishers/ mirasdars etc....we dont want work in paddy field....

but we want to be always land owners....one has to know how to work in reality...then only we can control others....

i can add more...we are like migrate....migration is always in our blood..from agraharam to pattanam.....pattanam to

bombay......bombay to USA.. so never united other than AVANI AVITTAM....we population will never increase...

hi
i agreed ...we brahmins always mercy of rajas/kshartiyas/britishers/ mirasdars etc....we dont want work in paddy field....

but we want to be always land owners....one has to know how to work in reality...then only we can control others....

i can add more...we are like migrate....migration is always in our blood..from agraharam to pattanam.....pattanam to

bombay......bombay to USA.. so never united other than AVANI AVITTAM....we population will never increase...

I dont see the logic in this.

In this present era people make the best of what they can.

The very fact that any community can migrate to any country to secure a better income/life shows that no one is at the mercy of anyone.

Indians flood USA for jobs ..be it Brahmin or any other community.

I somehow sense a Phantom Limb Syndrome here...that is when a person gets a limb amputated he/she still feels the presence of the limb becos of its neuronal pathway imprint that remains in the brain.

Likewise..I wonder why some members in forum display that syndrome too..that is amputation of economical rights happened in the past to Brahmins/Forward Caste becos some were at the mercy of the dominant communities..but that paved the way to look elsewhere for jobs..eg other states and also the USA.

That's is plain survival....that happens to any organism in the world when faced with threat of extinction.

So why still harp on the history of amputation when the community has obviously survived at all odds.

Its just phantom limb syndrome to still hold on to the fact that one is at the mercy of anyone else when the fact is survival is ones's own hands and one knows it too.

Just be confident....why even think population wont increase and almost "cursing" self here?

I am pretty sure some communities can even survive the nuclear holoucast!LOL

Last edited:
Ruling over other requires a mindset not numbers.

Namboodris though smaller in numbers ruled with kshatriyas in larger numbers under their control.

They imposed an order on them which they accepted.

All rajgurus in hindu empires were brahmins and kings were forced to accede to their whims and fancies.

Who has not heard of chanakya?

We have their degraded versions in modern india whom I shall not name.

'BRAHMINISM' and 'DRAVIDIANISM' are anachronisms in the current times.

Both spirited and principled Brahmins and Dravidans are extinct species and no longer exist. They exist only naamke vaaste.

Sir,

Chandru Ji,

The ground reality may be:

There are Brahmins still do arduous nature of duty for their livelihood.

To cite a few:

There are reported to be nearly 50 Sulabh Shauchalyas (Public toilets) in Delhi and all of them are cleaned and looked after by Brahmins (This public institution was started by a Brahmin)

There are number Brahmins reported to be working as coolies in Delhi Railway Station

There are Brahmins Rickshaw pullers in Delhi

There are lakhs of Brahmins who are respected once, now live as refugees in their own land (Jammu & Kashmir)

In Andhra Pradesh, Brahmins are employed as domestic servants..etc etc

And in most of the Udupi Hotels, it was Brahmins who served as cooks then and cooking in Hotels is definitely not a 'white collar' job.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/may/23franc.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back