• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ethics (say culture) for Indian Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Be vegetarian, wear saree, don’t talk cricket or politics during family time: An RSS guide on values,
ethics

What to eat, what to wear, how to celebrate birthdays and advice on public conduct -- all this is part of the RSS’ family counselling programme launched in April.

The pan-India campaign involves visiting people’s homes to “instill values and ethics” apart from advocating vegetarianism and promoting Indian attire. Named Kutumb Prabodhan (family counselling), the campaign will continue till the 2019 general elections.

The move comes amid widespread outrage and anger over mob violence in the name of the cow, considered holy by many Hindus.

RSS insiders said senior swayamsevaks, along with one or two swayamsevaks and a Rashtra Sevika Sangh (RSS’ women’s wing) worker, visit families and ‘educate’ them on the benefits of vegetarianism and how to avoid being influenced by foreign culture, especially as shown by various television channels and social media portals.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/be-vegetarian-wear-saree-don-t-talk-cricket-or-politics-during-family-time-an-rss-guide-on-values-ethics/story-g1gT4j4Ca0yFpKr24lBh3N.html

LOL...what about guys?

They are born cultured.

Karna-Mahabharat-Kunti.jpg

Does that answer your question? Any more?

Guys are busy 'making' new rules for women, every now and then! ;)

True!
Very busy indeed.
They have no idea we females seldom care to follow their rules.
Most of us have our own mind to decide the best for ourselves.

True!
Very busy indeed.
They have no idea we females seldom care to follow their rules.
Most of us have our own mind to decide the best for ourselves.

Independent thinking is welcome madam!

Breaking obsolete traditions, customs etc which bind indian women from exhibiting their best talents, from shining and sparkling, curbing their intellect is welcome madam!

Women competing with men in every field of activity is welcome madam!

Indian Women landing in space is most welcome madam!

Many other things by Indian women is welcome madam!

But let everything be done within boundaries and within limits of decency. You may have queries like 'can you define the boundary/limit?', 'who sets the boundary/limit?' etc madam. My answer is 'conscience'.

In the name of liberty, let Indian women not wander into perversion.

Let Indian women conduct themselves and carry themselves around in such a way, women of other countries emulate them.

Let Indian women not blindly ape/imitate the western women for the mere reason west is superpower.

Let not comfort, 'i-am-free-to-do-what-i-wish-attitude', pride, arrogance, conceit become an excuse to cross limits of decency.

Let Indian women not abuse the liberty given them.

Let Indian women emulate women like Lakshmibhai of Jhansi, Sudha Murthy, Indra Nooyi, Kalpana Chawla, Sania Mirza, Sindhu, Saina Nehwal, Mary Kom, Shantha Rangaswamy, Diana Eduljee etc (the list invariably includes Renuka, Raji Ram of this forum).

Let Indian women NOT imitate Jacqueline Onassis, Pamela Anderson, Ma Baker etc.

Last edited:
Independent thinking is welcome madam!

Breaking obsolete traditions, customs etc which bind indian women from exhibiting their best talents, from shining and sparkling, curbing their intellect is welcome madam!

Women competing with men in every field of activity is welcome madam!

Indian Women landing in space is most welcome madam!

Many other things by Indian women is welcome madam!

But let everything be done within boundaries and within limits of decency. You may have queries like 'can you define the boundary/limit?', 'who sets the boundary/limit?' etc madam. My answer is 'conscience'.

In the name of liberty, let Indian women not wander into perversion.

Let Indian women conduct themselves and carry themselves around in such a way, women of other countries emulate them.

Let Indian women not blindly ape/imitate the western women for the mere reason west is superpower.

Let not comfort, 'i-am-free-to-do-what-i-wish-attitude', pride, arrogance, conceit become an excuse to cross limits of decency.

Let Indian women not abuse the liberty given them.

Let Indian women emulate women like Lakshmibhai of Jhansi, Sudha Murthy, Indra Nooyi, Kalpana Chawla, Sania Mirza, Sindhu, Saina Nehwal, Mary Kom, Shantha Rangaswamy, Diana Eduljee etc (the list invariably includes Renuka, Raji Ram of this forum).

Dear Sir

I do not need to compete with a man to feel worthy of being a woman.

The best feeling none of you men can ever imagine is delivering a baby.

No matter how hard you try..that you can never compete.

So who needs to compete with whom?

Only insecure jealous males try to write rules for a woman or anyone else for that matter.

A true human being understands each human has their own mind and eventually choose their lifestyle even if it might be at the polar opposite of any imaginary moral code.

Last but not least..only the insecure need to compete..those who can think acknowledge greatness and also weaknesses of others and both make up the world.

BTW I like Pamela Anderson..Baywatch Babe..who didnt enjoy the show

Just to let you know...she had breast implants to enlarge her breasts but got them removed when she wanted to breast feed her baby.
A good mother.

So try to see goodness in anyone please.

Last edited:

Gnanasunyam Ji,

I appreciate your posting.

Ours is a multicultural society with every region following their own culture.

Our women are sticking to our culture and value exceptionally well.

Today’s women are free, they exercise their choice and follow their traditions and culture.

You should look at the way ‘vishu’ is celebrated in Kerala, Ugadhi at Karnataka and Pongal celebrated in
Tamil Nadu.

As for your referring the western personalities, I can only say that in U.S. of A the reported rate of diverse is 40%, whereas it is reported to be only nearly 1% in India. And this does not mean all the married couples in India are leading a very happy married life, they adjust, compromise and wellcome the change and adopt to the challenging conditions.

I would like to quote what Dalai lama said: ‘Open your arms free, get ready to change with the world, but do not let go your values.’

And I hope this is what our women are practicing now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sir

I do not need to compete with a man to feel worthy of being a woman.

You are right madam. But the needless-to-compete-with-men state was reached because of the sacrifice made by some women who competed with men and proved that indian women have calibre.

The best feeling none of you men can ever imagine is delivering a baby.

No matter how hard you try..that you can never compete.

True madam! Only a woman can be a mother. Likewise only a man can be a Father. Many women were inspired by their Fathers and followed after their Father's footsteps. Jawaharlal Nehru was one such Father who inspired his daughter

So who needs to compete with whom?

Only insecure jealous males try to write rules for a woman or anyone else for that matter.

We all, men and women alike, are responsible for such a state of affairs prevailing in yester-years madam!

A true human being understands each human has their own mind and eventually choose their lifestyle even if it might be at the polar opposite of any imaginary moral code.

Last but not least..only the insecure need to compete..those who can think acknowledge greatness and also weaknesses of others and both make up the world.

Can't agree more! But such enlightenment happened only in recent times when it ought to have prevailed since time immemorial. For centuries our indian women were confined to the four walls of the kitchen.

BTW I like Pamela Anderson..Baywatch Babe..who didnt enjoy the show

Just to let you know...she had breast implants to enlarge her breasts but got them removed when she wanted to breast feed her baby.
A good mother.

So try to see goodness in anyone please.

Good! Let indian women emulate the mother in pamela and not imitate pamela in breast implants.

Gnanasunyam Ji,

I appreciate your posting.

Ours is a multicultural society with every region following their own culture.

Our women are sticking to our culture and value exceptionally well.

Today’s women are free, they exercise their choice and follow their traditions and culture.

You should look at the way ‘vishu’ is celebrated in Kerala, Ugadhi at Karnataka and Pongal celebrated in
Tamil Nadu.

As for your referring the western personalities, I can only say that in U.S. of A the reported rate of diverse is 40%, whereas it is reported to be only nearly 1% in India. And this does not mean all the married couples in India are leading a very happy married life, they adjust, compromise and wellcome the change and adopt to the challenging conditions.

I would like to quote what Dalai lama said: ‘Open your arms free, get ready to change with the world, but do not let go your values.’

And I hope this is what our women are practicing now.

Sir,

Thanks for your compliment!

Yes sir, we had women like jackie oh, pam and ma baker. but few of them were public!

Women are not always to be blamed sir. Agreed. Yes, indian men are needing in self-control, let alone self-discipline. but we cannot deny the fact that a scantily clad woman titillates a man, causes a sensation. a scantily clad man does not create any sensation. but that does not acquit a man of guilt. as regards indian men needing in self-control, can be discussed in a separate thread sir!

tasmac has played havoc sir. I agree!

It is sad sir, women need to carry saddles and bats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back