• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tambrahms

Status
Not open for further replies.
கால பைரவன்;291289 said:
There is an attempt here to turn things upside down.

I think it is the person who claims being neutral and fair because of her caste background is the one who displays a casteist mindset and not the other way around.

It would even better if you could name the person cos she has nothing to hide!LOL

Why stop yourself from naming the person.

Be bold to type my name RENUKA if that helps you make a point clearer.

You are entitled to your opinion if you want to call me a casteist..that is your personal choice and I can not stop what fleets thru your mind.

You are the only one who is in control of your mind..not me.

If you thinking that I am casteist makes you happy I am glad that I have been instrumental in providing you momentary pleasure!

At this stage in life..I do would not want to judge a deed into a good deed or a bad deed..any deed that can make anyone happy should suffice.

I have seen this blame game many times here on me when I give any comments..right away I am labeled a casteists..anti TB etc..I wont be surprised many others would sing in chorus with you when they log in.

My dear I am a well seasoned person here..so well seasoned that its almost impossible to grill me.I know the ways of many minds here.

take care..you need it...I can haunt!

Last edited:
Everyone wants to judge "others" but the moment they are shown the mirror, lo and behold, people let it fly! LOL!

It is a common enough trait alright. So not surprising at all.

Renuka said:
I have seen this blame game many times here on me when I give any comments..right away I am labeled a casteists..anti TB etc..I wont be surprised many others would sing in chorus with you when they log in.

My dear I am a well seasoned person here..so well seasoned that its almost impossible to grill me.I know the ways of many minds here.

Neither I have a "fan club" nor there are "jalras" ready to toe my line whatever I write. Only "priveleged" people have these. So you have nothing to worry, Mam!

Renuka said:
take care..you need it...I can haunt!

I am aware the forum allows people to haunt. It also offers a solution.

கால பைரவன்;291297 said:
Everyone wants to judge "others" but the moment they are shown the mirror, lo and behold, people let it fly! LOL!

[/COLOR]

Neither I have a "fan club" nor there are "jalras" ready to toe my line whatever I write. Only "priveleged" people have these. So you have nothing to worry, Mam!

[/COLOR]

Mr Kala Bhairavan

You have now invited the wrath of Mr Krish44 LoL

கால பைரவன்;291297 said:

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

I love the mirror..I cant help admiring myself but at the same time I am honest enough to admit everyone of us needs to reflect on our own image and make that change!

I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
(If You Wanna Make The
World A Better Place)
Take A Look At Yourself, And
Then Make A Change

Yup you are right..I am one of the rare few who has a fan club and some Jalras too..that could be becos of my past birth favorable karma..so no complains.

But at the same time I am grateful to my fans and Jalras for everyone is important to me.

I sure love to haunt forum..its more fun than haunting a Murungai Maram!

Last edited:

...............not only human beings....sometimes animals tooo...see temple elephants have different faith...sometimes there big quareel abt temple elephant's faith.....which went to supreme court for judgement..lol

Fighting over the temple elephants is comparatively harmless while telling a qualified tamil odhuvar to stand down one level below before God Nataraja to chant the thevaram, thiruvasagam etc.,

ஈயத்தை பார்த்து இளிச்சதாம் பித்தளை. LOL.

உச்ச நீதிமன்றம் எல்லாம் போகாமலே எதிர்ப்பு தெரிவித்து பயமுறுத்திய கழகக்குஞ்சுகளுக்கு பயந்து வாலைச்சுருட்டிக்கொண்டு எல்லா துவாரங்களையும் மூடிக்கொண்ட கதை எல்லோருக்கும் தெரியும்.

Really? Do I really need to ask a Non Hindu to be a judge for Hindu faith systems?

I technically do not adhere to any one school of thought...I have an open system that is everything and anything is God.

So I would still prefer to call myself unbiased and neutral.

Imagine asking a Non Hindu to endorse a Hindu faith systems.

What do you expect them to say?

Go and ask. Find out for yourself. They will give the choicest epithets to the individual who started this tangential reference to extremists, pacifists and moderates. If you hear something like "தோ பாருடா, வேலையத்த பாப்பான் பூனைய புடிச்சு......................" please do come here and reveal it without editing. LOL.

......... ஈயத்தை பார்த்து இளிச்சதாம் பித்தளை. .........
I wonder why the elephant story was dragged here!

Let us be proud of our heritage, Vaagmi Sir!

All of us are gold because old is gold! :lol:

P.S: Those who have crossed teenage are referred to as old (enough)!! :decision:

Dear Friends, I am Mrs. radhamurali. I am working as academic coordinator for an international school at Bangalore. I have 27 yrs. of experience in teaching. I have translated a portion of Srimad Bhagavatham from English to Tamil for ISKCON. I have also written simple meanings for Thirukural which was published by Giri Trading Agency, Chennai. I am very much interested in music, dance, drama, reading, religion, etc. Thank you for allowing me to introduce myself.

radhamurali

Go and ask. Find out for yourself. They will give the choicest epithets to the individual who started this tangential reference to extremists, pacifists and moderates. If you hear something like "தோ பாருடா, வேலையத்த பாப்பான் பூனைய புடிச்சு......................" please do come here and reveal it without editing. LOL.
adak kadavuLE!

idhai engE Sir kEtteenga?

nAn kettadhu 'vElaiyaththa nAs--an poonaiyaip ...........' only! :ear:

Dear Vaagmi ji,

I have a simple rule in life that I still follow till today:

1)I never discuss Hinduism with Non Hindus.

I believe one should never to reveal the strength and weaknesses of Hinduism to a Non Hindu.

renus,

1. you are knocking your head against the essence of manu based hinduism - the gut of the caste system. and within it the sub castes and sub sub castes. tribal loyalty at its basests. read between the lines, 'the views of a xtian or muslim is worth than that of yours, because you are a NB'. that is the bottom line, i am so sad to say this.
2.it takes someone out of india or a very enlightened indian to understand how they are literally, thanks to the worldly global values of absolute dignity and equality, how cruel the caste system with its hierarchical structure is. add to it, the disenfranchisement of the dalits, which i see no sympathy here in this forum. at all.
3.everyone is harping only on the supposed 'unfairness' of quotas and chose pleasantly to ignore the milleniums of dungs heaped on the panchamars by everyone above them.
4.now that thanks to the voting block system, the dominant castes are ruling, and these have no regard for hinduism. just their tribal loyalty. is it not surprising that tamilnadu today has the highest level of conversions away from hindus. the christians and muslims are playing havoc on our weakness, and all the response i will get from here is another set of epithets or denial or 'we have survived so long and so will ever after'
5.thanks renus for bringing something of myself out tonight here.

kunjuppuji,

I thought you are living in the North american continent. But now understand it is not so. You have created your own world and are living in that. Or is it just a midsummer night's dream that you are scripting? LOL.

Now the comments: (numbers for convenience of identification)

1. You have a tendency to always jump to absurd conclusions. Read again my post carefully. It has nothing to do with castes it is all about faith systems. stupid! And you have reminded me that Renukaji is a NB. You dug out that info from the depths of your dirty mind to present it here. You had read it somewhere long back and had carefully stored it in the underground vault of your mind to dig out whenever you wanted. I leave it to the judgment of the members here to decide who is a casteist here.
2. This is the problem with these NRIs. They think people need an emigration to become enlightened; that global values are so exclusive that they are available only in the KFC outlets in US and Canada;that the private bar in their drawing rooms in the country of refuge is to them what the Bodhi tree at Boudh Gaya was to Goutama Budhdha; that the dalits suffering is the making of TBs and none else in the Tamil society; and finally that they live in that heaven on earth in which there is absolutely no discrimination whatsoever (while they are so concerned about the dalits in India, they are blind to whatever is happening to the minorities right under their nose. LOL)
3. They are blind to the fact that a brahmin, in the million years of history of Bharath that is India never went and knocked at the doors of a dalit in the middle of the night to ask for the woman to come with him and service him, that brahmins never killed and maimed the dalits in the name of caste superiority, that brahmins never exploited the dalits the way the rest of the society did it, that in the recent history brahmins have brought up dalits as adopted children and such adopted children have grown up to become national leaders to challenge their oppressors (BR Ambedkar and Kakkan - just two examples). Such abject ignorance is displayed here by these arm-chair revolutionaries because internet provides you a stage even if you are faceless. LOL. You can tell any lie and get away with it. Not only get away, you can even claim injured pride when proved wrong and nurse a grievance if you are shown that the slip in your pant is open.
4. What is wrong in saying that we are great survivors? We have survived so far and we will survive the future too. That is the expression of an underlying never say die spirit. That will not be understood by those who have run away never to return here. These run-aways survive in alien soil and shine because they are the proverbial iluppaipoo. (ஆலை இல்லாத ஊரில் இலுப்பைப்பூ சர்க்கரை) In the midst of a mass of mediocrity they shine brightly. Whereas we in our land are competing with equals who are brilliant. You may call it denial. But I do not consider it that because I know what is denial.
5. If this is what is you, that you needs a lot of repair and evolution. God bless you.

Last edited:
You should have known, Vaagmi Sir! Shall give you two statements:

1. The successful carnatic singers are the ones who enjoy and amuse themselves while singing.

2. You enjoy good carnatic music! :)

RRji,

It is true that I enjoy good music. Particularly carnatic music.

I thought good singers completely lose themselves in the beauty of the swaras' color chemistry and the underlying bhava of the kriti.

I do not think they amuse themselves because when you are still there to get amused you are not into it. I know there are singers of the variety you mentioned here. But they are not my icons. I look for that rare creature who loses himself completely with closed eyes.

I think some of the playback singers and the music directors are capable of this. I conclude this from the music they score and the songs they sing. When s. Janaki Amma sang "ஒருமையுடன் நினது திருமலரடி நினைக்கின்ற உத்தமர் தம் உறவு வேண்டும்..............." she must have lost herself in the musical notes and the bhava completely. I believe that is the music. LOL.

And convert or perish, they order.

But our tamil kings - cholas and pandias, allowed all including kalamukas and tantric sects to practice their belief as long as they did it among themselves.

They will say: "Bunch of infidels!"

Fighting over the temple elephants is comparatively harmless while telling a qualified tamil odhuvar to stand down one level below before God Nataraja to chant the thevaram, thiruvasagam etc.,

ஈயத்தை பார்த்து இளிச்சதாம் பித்தளை. LOL.

உச்ச நீதிமன்றம் எல்லாம் போகாமலே எதிர்ப்பு தெரிவித்து பயமுறுத்திய கழகக்குஞ்சுகளுக்கு பயந்து வாலைச்சுருட்டிக்கொண்டு எல்லா துவாரங்களையும் மூடிக்கொண்ட கதை எல்லோருக்கும் தெரியும்.[/QUOTE

What are you upto? Fighting a liar or Lighting a fire?

I have no idea that if any Hindu knows about what is written by Manu and if any of the method described there was ever practiced. Why does this get brought up in this forum?

Mr Kunjuppu turned discussion into caste discriminations seeking resonance with Maadam Renuka who could have simply and directly said she does not see anything like that here.

Then Mr Vaagmi steered this to express his NRI dislike as if the passport someone holds makes them think in a different manner.

Why so many unpleasant messages bordering on lack of civility?

kunjuppuji,

I thought you are living in the North american continent. But now understand it is not so. You have created your own world and are living in that. Or is it just a midsummer night's dream that you are scripting? LOL.

Now the comments: (numbers for convenience of identification)

1. You have a tendency to always jump to absurd conclusions. Read again my post carefully. It has nothing to do with castes it is all about faith systems. stupid! And you have reminded me that Renukaji is a NB. You dug out that info from the depths of your dirty mind to present it here. You had read it somewhere long back and had carefully stored it in the underground vault of your mind to dig out whenever you wanted. I leave it to the judgment of the members here to decide who is a casteist here.
2. This is the problem with these NRIs. They think people need an emigration to become enlightened; that global values are so exclusive that they are available only in the KFC outlets in US and Canada;that the private bar in their drawing rooms in the country of refuge is to them what the Bodhi tree at Boudh Gaya was to Goutama Budhdha; that the dalits suffering is the making of TBs and none else in the Tamil society; and finally that they live in that heaven on earth in which there is absolutely no discrimination whatsoever (while they are so concerned about the dalits in India, they are blind to whatever is happening to the minorities right under their nose. LOL)
3. They are blind to the fact that a brahmin, in the million years of history of Bharath that is India never went and knocked at the doors of a dalit in the middle of the night to ask for the woman to come with him and service him, that brahmins never killed and maimed the dalits in the name of caste superiority, that brahmins never exploited the dalits the way the rest of the society did it, that in the recent history brahmins have brought up dalits as adopted children and such adopted children have grown up to become national leaders to challenge their oppressors (BR Ambedkar and Kakkan - just two examples). Such abject ignorance is displayed here by these arm-chair revolutionaries because internet provides you a stage even if you are faceless. LOL. You can tell any lie and get away with it. Not only get away, you can even claim injured pride when proved wrong and nurse a grievance if you are shown that the slip in your pant is open.
4. What is wrong in saying that we are great survivors? We have survived so far and we will survive the future too. That is the expression of an underlying never say die spirit. That will not be understood by those who have run away never to return here. These run-aways survive in alien soil and shine because they are the proverbial iluppaipoo. (ஆலை இல்லாத ஊரில் இலுப்பைப்பூ சர்க்கரை) In the midst of a mass of mediocrity they shine brightly. Whereas we in our land are competing with equals who are brilliant. You may call it denial. But I do not consider it that because I know what is denial.
5. If this is what is you, that you needs a lot of repair and evolution. God bless you.

What are you upto? Fighting a liar or Lighting a fire? Dalits perform fire walking in their temple festivals ! If you try that you will be roasted in their ire or fire!

https://drsylviakarpagam.wordpress....dalit-womans-perspective-on-the-brahmin-male/

1. Mr Kunjuppu turned discussion into caste discriminations seeking resonance with Maadam Renuka who could have simply and directly said she does not see anything like that here.

2. Then Mr Vaagmi steered this to express his NRI dislike as if the passport someone holds makes them think in a different manner.

1. I too thought Renukaji would come and confirm. But I was disappointed.

2. I don't have dislike for NRIs. In fact I myself was an NRI once. But when NRIs very condescendingly advise people in India about the greatness of the "global exposure" and "liberal values", "cosmopolitan outlook","freedom" etc., which they think are all absent among TBs in India it becomes a opinion. All I do is to tackle this opinion. as i have lived in those societies I am qualified to speak. There is no malice. It is just confronting a strongly opinionated individual with facts. I know there are many who live abroad who are well balanced in their outlook. In fact I have a few youngsters who are close relatives who are living abroad today.

1. I too thought Renukaji would come and confirm. But I was disappointed.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by a-TB

1. Mr Kunjuppu turned discussion into caste discriminations seeking resonance with Maadam Renuka who could have simply and directly said she does not see anything like that here.

Guys...when Kunjs wrote that post initially the part about caste was not there..I think it was edited a bit later and only in the later part of the day I read the "new" addition.

By that time the discussion had taken a different turn so I was thinking to respond or not cos I know caste based discussions eventually go out of hand..by then Kala Bhairavan Ji had jumped in and called me a casteists!LOL

Anyway I am wondering why you both Vaagmi Ji and a-TB ji are disappointed with my silence?

What does silence mean?

Its hard for you both to prove what is in my mind isnt it? So dont be disappointed..at times even I do not know what is in my mind..so no use trying to figure me out.

As I said earlier I chose to remain neutral on this..so I did not chose to respond..but what is in my mind only I know.

BTW guys...it still makes me wonder why you both expected a response from me to disagree with Kunjs..but it makes me laugh that I was NOT disappointed with anyone for not disagreeing with Kala Bhairava Ji but neither did I indirectly "accuse" anyone of remaining silent on this...I was not looking for support of any kind cos I know myself well...can defend myself and also gun down anything!LOL

Just to add after certain stage in life elation or disappointment ceases to exists in our vocabulary..everything that we witness is merely an experience.

But it somehow seems that at times people need my "help" to make them feel better out here in Forum..so guys lets make a deal..some day I will make you guys feel better till then enjoy this song.

[video]https://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM[/video]

Last edited:
And convert or perish, they order.

But our tamil kings - cholas and pandias, allowed all including kalamukas and tantric sects to practice their belief as long as they did it among themselves.

But Tantrics are legitimate Hindus, no? I think Tantra and Bhakti are dual sides of the same coin. Both are alternate ways to reach the same goal.

Guys...when Kunjs wrote that post initially the part about caste was not there..I think it was edited a bit later and only in the later part of the day I read the "new" addition.
By that time the discussion had taken a different turn so I was thinking to respond or not cos I know caste based discussions eventually go out of hand..by then Kala Bhairavan Ji had jumped in and called me a casteists!LOL
Anyway I am wondering why you both Vaagmi Ji and a-TB ji are disappointed with my silence?
What does silence mean?
Its hard for you both to prove what is in my mind isnt it? So dont be disappointed..at times even I do not know what is in my mind..so no use trying to figure me out.
As I said earlier I chose to remain neutral on this..so I did not chose to respond..but what is in my mind only I know.
BTW guys...it still makes me wonder why you both expected a response from me to disagree with Kunjs..but it makes me laugh that I was NOT disappointed with anyone for not disagreeing with Kala Bhairava Ji but neither did I indirectly "accuse" anyone of remaining silent on this...I was not looking for support of any kind cos I know myself well...can defend myself and also gun down anything!LOL
Just to add after certain stage in life elation or disappointment ceases to exists in our vocabulary..everything that we witness is merely an experience.
But it somehow seems that at times people need my "help" to make them feel better out here in Forum..so guys lets make a deal..some day I will make you guys feel better till then enjoy this song.

This is what kunjuppuji posted:

"you are knocking your head against the essence of manu based hinduism - the gut of the caste system. and within it the sub castes and sub sub castes. tribal loyalty at its basests. read between the lines, 'the views of a xtian or muslim is worth than that of yours, because you are a NB'. that is the bottom line, i am so sad to say this".

This clearly indicates kunjuppuji saying "vaagmi is asking for proof from a christian or a muslim because the issue is between two faith systems within hindu faith(saivism/smarthism and vaishnavism). But dont believe that. It is between brahmins and NBs. You (Renukaji) are a NB and so vaagmi rules you out from the reckoning when it comes to judging on the issue. If you do not understand this, take my advice and read between lines. Then you will get what I am getting. Because you are an NB your views are not worthy for vaagmi. ".

When I read this I was offended. It was not only twisting my statement(which I can put up with) but also imputing nefarious motives to me and looking for a confirmation from a supposed victim. I was sure that Renukaji understood my views well. But I am not sure any more.

Renukaji, it was not a help to me that I was looking for - I don't need that. It was just an expectation that you will redeem yourself from the condescending bad association that was trying to ride on you. That too a free ride of a parasite.LOL.

a straight and simple denial dissociating yourself from the imputation would have added value to your image. Lo. That was not to be. It is ok.

Last edited:
Renukaji, it was not a help to me that I was looking for - I don't need that. It was just an expectation that you will redeem yourself from the condescending bad association that was trying to ride on you. That too a free ride of a parasite.LOL.

a straight and simple denial dissociating yourself from the imputation would have added value to your image. Lo. That was not to be. It is ok.

Dear Vaagm ji,

I am beyond praise and blame!LOL

Really..its not that I am God but its just that I do not have to proof myself or try to add value to my "image".

As it is with hardly any effort I have a Fan club and "Jalras"..I am even Guru/Mentor to some....so I am already quite a high profile member here.

Sometimes too much attention is not too easy to handle.

Even Avatars descend only from Yuga to Yuga and not on daily basis..cos God knows too much attention is not good.

So frankly speaking I do not mind having any sort of image..Good<Bad>Ugly..all images are mine.

I try not to identify with any even though I might project myself in many ways.

It might confuse you ..so I can understand.

Anyway lets wait for Kunjs to come online and till then everyone is welcome to leave their comments. .

Let the party begin!LOL

Last edited:
Well, our constitution accepts jatis and practices. One must read the hindi version of the constitution to understand jati and secularism. They from wonderlands have to swallow this whether they and their progeny settle in any part of the world.

But the PM and RSS have aseerted more than once that bharat will always be a home for hindus driven out of other countries. Hindu dharma is jati dharma and the aim is unity among jatis, and not uniform no jati.

Dear Vaagmi ji,

Ok I will be brutally honest with regards to what I thought about your statement to go ask a Muslim or Christian to be a judge.

I thought this "Is Vaagmi Ji nuts!LOL Why the heck should I ask a Christian or Muslim to be a judge about 2 systems of Hinduism? A Xtian and Muslim are no more part of the Hindu system to be a judge..a judge needs to have a sound knowledge of Hinduism and also to be neutral preferably someone who is not related anyway to either school of thought.

Its just logical to choose a judge who is a Hindu and not a biased one.

So I felt I was apt for the role of the judge here cos I am not a TB and whatever I can infer from my personal experience and my knowledge in Hinduism will offer a non biased verdict.

But sadly you still felt I must ask a Xtian or a Muslim who knows neither head nor tail of Hinduism and might consider us Hindus a bunch of infidels.
A Xtian or a Muslim does not qualify to be a judge on Hindu matters..just imagine if a engineer is allowed to be a High Court Judge..would he know anything about law?It would be disastrous!

Further more as a Hindu I feel we need to solve all Hindu "issues" ourselves as I earlier said I do not discuss Hindu matters with Non Hindus..becos one should not disclose the strength or weakness of Hinduism to Non Hindus"

Now coming to Kunjs bringing in the caste part that my judgment wont be of any value becos I am a Non Brahmin..to be frank I did not feel that this was a caste issue..all I thought is "Vaagmi ji is nuts"..in fact at one stage I thought that this is starting to be like the famous supreme court and elephant case!LOL

Anyway Kunjs is entitled to his opinion and I respect that....just like how Kala Bhairava Ji is also entitled to his opinion and I respect that too and replied him...who is right? who is wrong? I am not going to be a judge on this. I hope my answer satisfies your deepest desires!

Idhu Podhama? Innum Konjam Venuma?

In case anyone is wondering why its took me so long to give my comment..the reason is becos S&M is slow torture!LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back