• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Green Tea and honey for better health...

Status
Not open for further replies.
sesh,

i am with you re the tea. i am a green tea person myself - two tea bags in 4 cups in a stainless steel thermos, and nurse it through the day.

honey, i am not so sure. mainly, it being high in sugar content, that any trace of minerals is overshadowed by the sugar fix. definitely not for diabetics and those with low sugar tolerance.

gung hey cha choy to you :)

re

Just browse through the info on these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potential_effects_of_tea_on_health

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=96

It is really a must that we include both of the above in our daily dietary routine... 4 cups of green tea and at least a spoonful of honey...

:tea: btw, take care to note the preparation of green tea as it is unlike regular tea preparation...

am sipping my cuppa gt now...:rolleyes:

with few drops of lime juice added,its a sure shot to become 'ollichi ' from 'gundachi',...:bump2:

sb

honey, i am not so sure. mainly, it being high in sugar content, that any trace of minerals is overshadowed by the sugar fix. definitely not for diabetics and those with low sugar tolerance.
you could look up manuka honey (from new zealand)... it has lots of medicinal properties... diabetics can consult their doctor before intake of honey... probably moderated doses may be allowed...

bala,

are you implying, that tea and honey, one or both, burn fat?

i was told that this was one of the widely believed fallacies. in order to lose fat, one has to cut calories, exercise and eat healthy food.

the notion that replacing rice with wheat, spoonful of honey mixed with lemon etc will make one slim, i find it difficult to believe. so too, all this weight loss stuff that is bandied about in the u.s. tv. doctors discourage it.

as a final measure, the one sure way to ensure weight loss, is reducing the size of your stomach through surgery. i know of a guy who did that. what happened, was that his stomach became so small, that within three mouthfulls, he felt full, and could not eat any more. the resultant calorie shortage, ensured his gradual weight loss.

but this guys problem, is in his head. the head had a penchant for food stuffs. so gradually, the stomach, being a balloon, extended, and within 2 years he was back to snacking the way he did. not surprisingly all the weight came back to him. and he still has his stapled away stomach.

sad.

re

bala,

are you implying, that tea and honey, one or both, burn fat?

i was told that this was one of the widely believed fallacies. in order to lose fat, one has to cut calories, exercise and eat healthy food.

the notion that replacing rice with wheat, spoonful of honey mixed with lemon etc will make one slim, i find it difficult to believe. so too, all this weight loss stuff that is bandied about in the u.s. tv. doctors discourage it.

as a final measure, the one sure way to ensure weight loss, is reducing the size of your stomach through surgery. i know of a guy who did that. what happened, was that his stomach became so small, that within three mouthfulls, he felt full, and could not eat any more. the resultant calorie shortage, ensured his gradual weight loss.

but this guys problem, is in his head. the head had a penchant for food stuffs. so gradually, the stomach, being a balloon, extended, and within 2 years he was back to snacking the way he did. not surprisingly all the weight came back to him. and he still has his stapled away stomach.

sad.

kunju...

every body constitution is unique.i even combine fatty people with dosham of jupiter or guru or vrihaspathi.

the combo of tea+honey+lime juice=accelerates metabolism,to reduced unwanted fat.for some results are immediate and for some it takes longer periods of time.

similiarly,before going to bed,a glass of hot water+cummin powder+methi powder+omapodi=cleanses all our toxins in the body,as a natural therapy.

this is grandmas medicine cabinet lore,so plz..take it with a pinch of salt :)

best is exercise,vegetables,low fat calorie diet,plenty of water to drink....:)

sb

undikku azhagu virunthodu unnal - auvaiyar

First one should offer to GOD, then Athithi (can set aside some money to be donated later - to be done before taking the meal for the day) and should offer some to birds (If it is to crow , then it's for both Bootha and Pithrus).

in this way one can get relived of one's karmic debts.

deva Yagyam - is by deva pooja
rishi yagyam is by chanting and reflecting of Rishi's work.
Manushya Yagyam - atthithi pooja
pitru yagyam and boota yagyam both can be done by offering to kaka.

if not done like the above method, our karmic debts increases and we found ourselves with various diseases in time.

See how caringly Shastra advise us for a life without any health dis-order.

it is not only what one eat or drink. how and the attitude before the eating influence his health in a great deal.

one should not eat or drink in a standing posture, should always sit even to drink.

should do it very attentively... so TV should not come in between, if could not be avoided , then atleast at the beginning , middle and the end one should give as much attention to eating as possible.

I fully endorse the views expressed here in favour of green tea. I am a regular user of green tea with little honey, sometimes without honey also. Rather than using tea bags, I feel it is better to make the tea ourselves. I feel that would give a better taste and freshness too. It has been giving good results that it improves metabolism and immunity too to a large extent. It is a good practice to follow ....difficult for those used to kappi everyday morning....

I fully endorse the views expressed here in favour of green tea. I am a regular user of green tea with little honey, sometimes without honey also. Rather than using tea bags, I feel it is better to make the tea ourselves. I feel that would give a better taste and freshness too. It has been giving good results that it improves metabolism and immunity too to a large extent. It is a good practice to follow ....difficult for those used to kappi everyday morning....

hari,

i am not sure about the benefit of honey. particularly with its high sugar content, people with diabetes or latent diabetes should watch out.

however, i am a great believer in the medicinal and therapeutic features of green tea.

what i do, is to get a big mug, about 1 litre, put two bags and fill it with hot water. no other additions.

i keep it by my desk and nurse it throughout the day. by chance if it gets over, i can always replenish with more hot water.

i have found this convenient for me at work. also a sense of good feeling.

kaappi in the morning is one of life's pleasures. no need to sacrifice this for green tea.

they both can coexist. right?

Coming from the west, where nutrition and diet is somewhat different, I have 4 concerns with the Indian diet. I certainly don't want to insult anyone, but: overeating of white rice, white bread, sugar, and oil. Most nutritionists would consider sugar poison, white rice is far inferior to brown whole grain rice. (If you think honey is superior to sugar because it has some vitamins, try comparing white rice to brown rice) Oil is largely high cholesterol, and whole grain breads like the 7 grain or 12 grain variety cooked with far less sugar has huge quantities of fibre. The dals, abundance of fresh fruit, and great variety vegetable curries make up for the deficiencies somewhat. The indian diet is still far superiour to the Steak and eggs diets of some North Americans.

Aum Namasivaya

PS: Here`s a link to brown and white rice nutrient comparison chart http://www.rebeccablood.net/domestic/rice.html

Last edited:
green tea

Just browse through the info on these:

Health effects of tea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WHFoods: Honey

It is really a must that we include both of the above in our daily dietary routine... 4 cups of green tea and at least a spoonful of honey...

:tea: btw, take care to note the preparation of green tea as it is unlike regular tea preparation...

am sipping my cuppa gt now...:rolleyes:
It is so nice of you to have detailed on green tea. I am regular user of Green tea and was thinking to spresd the msg on it but some how missing to do so. Yours provided me the reminder and thank you for the same. As regarding the preparation of green Tea, water to be heated just below its boiling into which green tea is to be added and kept for while say, 2- 3 mts. No stirring. Then to filter, add honey and drunk. Extremely very good to heath in various ways and one can take this tea many times in day unlike ordinary tea which is not good to drink number of times. Dr Sundaram [email protected]

To All: I am also a green Tea in taker daily only 2 cups,since some reserch work advice only 2 cups perday is adviced(150ml). Ofcourse Honey is not for Suger (diabetes) deficiency people,just add few drops of lime no sugar. Do not use tea Bags some times itmay content Funguse. Use Green Tea Leafs Only 8or9 lafs is for 150ml tea. The beat way Firest Put leafs and add Hot Water little and drain the water, again add Hot water and wait for 10 mint, your Tea is ready. Why not TB.Com start a Green Tea Club. s.r.k.

To drsdm23, Sir you are a Doctor in medicine or ? the latest reserch advice is totaley 300 ml per day is very good for health, also useing tea leafs and preparing tradational method also good but again 300ml.Tea dust is having colour, best way just add Boiling/Hot water and put Tea leafs wait for 10 minits and filter it dont Boil with milk(North Indian style or TN Boiler style). Morning coffee is something great. s.r.k.

to Eastern Mind sir, Raw Rice (white Rice) useing in TN mainly by TB's and some other community, best is Steamed Rice not Boiled Rice, daily greens(keerai),one cup Sundal, one cup Wheet broken meal, Butter Milk(Not CURD),what more keep Tablets away and 45minits walking, 30 minits Exercise(simple method) control your sugar levels, I am following this and said no to medicin. s.r.k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back