• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ideas . . . Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I deep cleaned my gas stove, the white marking on the knob disappeared due to rubbing! :(

Not to worry, when fevicol and chalk piece are available at home!

Powdered a bit of light blue chalk piece; made a paste adding fevicol; smeared it into the small depression

in the knob, where there white marking existed. Now, a beautiful blue mark is on the knob! :thumb:

Type of knob:

mEmqj2Wp63O6BgOHomAA5vA.jpg

Courtesy: Google images
There is always a scope for improvement.

I gave a coat of silver color nail polish on the blue marking that I had made.

Now the mark on the knob matches well with the stainless steel stove!
;)

The light chappals (VKC brand) which I wear at home, are very strong for the price I pay (Rs. 110). After a few months,

though the chappals are strong, the bottom becomes mozhu mozhu and is slippery. I cut off a few tiny 'V' shapes in the

heels, which comes into contact with the floor, using a sharp knife and now it has become anti-slippery again!
:cool:

International Men's Day - Nov 19 focuses on raising awareness for discrimination & male health. But for us, It's the time to recollect their contributions, sacrifices, support and progress. Such Push instills that of MEN nurturing their women to make power in Society. So the topic is ' Behind every successful woman there is a man.' Who/How has influenced you most in life?
Give a detailed account

I made a next modification in my mobile stand!
icon3.png

Cut a small slot at the center, on one edge of the box, to hold the mobile vertically in place.

Since the internet speed is very good in Jio and it gives 1 GB data per day, I chose to take my Skype class using mobile.

The class went off very smoothly, without any interference and sync was very good. :cool:

Small is beautiful! Yes! The video of my student, playing on her veenA, was very nice to watch, on mobile! :thumb:

Shakthi Vinayakar is my Ishta Devta and so I wanted to make a new mobile stand with his image stuck to it.

Since this box is smaller, I could cut two slots on either side, to hold my Moto G easily!

And........... this is it! :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Moto G stand.jpg
    Moto G stand.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 428

Old face powder box could be converted as oodhupaththi stand by cutting it into two portions - one cup and one cylinder.

The cup at the bottom holds the ash. To keep the lit oodhupaththi, I fixed the top portion of an oil bottle, which has a hole

to drop the oil, at the center of the cup, using adhesive paste.

bathi stand.jpg

E Z idli / dhOsA batter:

Idli rice - 4 cups; Urad dhal - 1/2 cup; Moong dhal - 1/2 cup; Cooked rice - 1/2 cup.

Wash rice and dhals well and soak along with cooked rice for about 5 hours.

Make nice batter using the grinder. Can make fluffy idlis and crispy dhOsAs. :thumb:

Last edited:
E Z idli / dhOsA batter:

Idli rice - 4 cups; Urad dhal - 1/2 cup; Moong dhal - 1/2 cup; Cooked rice - 1/2 cup.

Wash rice and dhals well and soak along with cooked rice for about 5 hours.

Make nice batter using the grinder. Can make fluffy idlis and crispy dhOsAs. :thumb:

hi

we can make MALLIGAI IDLI AND PAPER ROAST DOSAS..LOL

We can keep bananas fresh for a few days, without their peel turning black, by this method.

Separate the bananas with the stem; roll them in a fine cotton cloth; keep the roll in an air tight container;

keep the container in the fridge! :cool:

Non woven bags are the simple type of bags in which 'ThAmboolam' is given, in functions.

There is a very useful idea to reuse this type of bags as wipes, to clean the kitchen slabs and dining table.
icon3.png

Make the bag inside out and fold it as shown in the picture. (I usually stitch the open end, using my sewing machine).

This lasts for a few months and very easy to maintain; needs a bit of detergent and 'kasakkifying', before rinsing. :cool:

There is NO need to waste money on sponge cloth cleaners, which cost about 30+ bucks per piece!!

Please click on image to enlarge. :)

wipe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back