• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Let us be tension-free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of forgetfulness, I am reminded of this funny story!

Lara gave birth to her first child when she was nearing 50. Her neighbour Meera was very inquisitive to see

the baby. When she visited, she was asked to wait till the baby got up. Meera waited for two hours, but the

baby did not get up. Since it was getting late, she wanted to see the baby while asleep. But Lara wanted her

to wait till the baby cried. Wonderstruck, Meera asked why the baby should cry! Lara replied, 'Then only

I will KNOW where I have left him!'

Moral: Give birth to babies while young! :D

If you are having enough money and without any worry to earn. With lot of spare time to spend. With nothing to do.You can be really, really tension free.

1. If you are having enough money and without any worry to earn.

2. With lot of spare time to spend.

3. With nothing to do.You can be really, really tension free.
Dear Sowmya,

I beg to differ. Please see my comments for 1, 2 and 3.

1. 'Enough money' depends on one's mind set! I have seen very rich persons lament all the time, as if they don' have

enough wealth! Also, those who earn need not have tension, if they are NOT lazy! :)

2. Spare time should be spent usefully and not just by snoring and watching soaps on TV. In fact, some soaps shown

make many mAmis brood over what will happen in the next episode!! :D

3. Nothing to do? Does it make anyone happy? :nono: It makes one feel that the life on the earth is useless.
dejection.png

Hence I wrote long back '
பன்முக ஈடுபாட்டை வளர்ப்போம்!'

Last edited:
Priority.

Giving priority to the tasks to be done is very essential for a cool life. What has to be done on a particular day

gets the first priority. For example, usually, I like to log in to our forum, along with my morning coffee. This

should NOT be the routine on ALL days. Saraswathi pooja, Vijaya Dasami and ThiruvONa vratham, which

were on three consecutive days, demanded my morning time. Prayers get the first priority and logging in to

forum comes next! Internet will be ON and OFF on a few days, No need to panic. Our forum posts can wait. :cool:

If you are having enough money and without any worry to earn. With lot of spare time to spend. With nothing to do.You can be really, really tension free.

Really?... I am not too sure. Such a person will always wonder " what to do next?" and develop anxiety from that.

Well, I know couple of nice methods to stay tension free..... don't know how many would follow my suggestions though....

Well, I know couple of nice methods to stay tension free..... don't know how many would follow my suggestions though....
I know 'what' you mean, Raghy Sir! :)

The idea you give might develop some tension in a few oldies!! :D

I was only going to mention about listening to a nice song..... that's all.... Poor me!.....
Oh, Yeah! I believe you, Raghy Sir! :D

With arrival of 2 more Gs in my sweet home, (Moto G 5 plus and Jio network),

my day starts with nice Carnatic songs, provided by Raaga.com! :music:

Dear Raghy Sir,

I don't listen to film songs whether based on Carnatic or Hindustani.

A few classical carnatic singers are my favorites and I listen only to them. :music:

It is :nono: for the voices that don't impress me!

Dear Raghy Sir,

I don't listen to film songs whether based on Carnatic or Hindustani.

A few classical carnatic singers are my favorites and I listen only to them. :music:

It is :nono: for the voices that don't impress me!

Lot of members are following your thread. I bet there must be a lot of members who love Jesudas songs....... I know you will not listen to this song... but, others would... this song got the national award.... one of the best songs I ever heard... best tension reliever... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQswhqFAzJA (No more songs in this thread in the near future...)

Last edited:
Lot of members are following your thread. I bet there must be a lot of members who love Jesudas songs....... I know you will not listen to this song... but, others would... this song got the national award.... one of the best songs I ever heard... best tension reliever... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQswhqFAzJA

Whether it is Yesudass, Balamurali or SPB when it comes to deliver traditional classical numbers for Films, they have given their best.

I received a nice article with 40 points to be tension free, by e-mail.

So, I wish to share it here in four posts.

1. Drink a lot of water.

2. Eat your breakfast like kings, lunch like princes, and dinner like beggars.

3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods made in factories.

4. Live your life according to the TEE principle: Truth, Empathy, and Energy.

5. Make time for contemplation and/or prayer.

6. Involve more game playing in your life.

7. Read more books than you read last year.

8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes a day.

9. Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.

10. Take 10-30 minutes to walk somewhere each day. Smile while you walk.

To be continued............

11. Don't compare your life to those of others. You have no idea what their journey actually looks like.

12. Don't waste time on negative thoughts or things you cannot change. Instead, divert your energy to a positive

moment in the present.

13. Don't exaggerate in your actions, keep yourself in check.

14. You don't have to win EVERY argument. Agree to disagree.

15. Don't waste your energy gossiping. It never ends well.

16. Dream more while you're awake.

17. Envy is a waste of time. You may already have all you need, but if not, envy won't get it for you.

18. Forget past events and don't remind your partners of their past mistakes. It will ruin your present happiness.

The past should stay in the past.

19. Life's too short to hate people. Don't hate in vain.

20. Make peace with your own past, or it will destroy you at present.

To be continued ............

21. No one is responsible for your happiness but you.

22. Realize that life is a school and you're here to learn. Problems are just a part of learning, but the lessons

they teach will be with you for life.

23. Smile more. Laugh more.

24. Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else will!

25. Call your family often.

26. Every day give or do something good for another. Even if it's as small as holding a door for someone.

Add to the good in the world.

27. Forgive everyone, for everything. At least try.

28. Spend time with people over 80 and under 6 - it will teach you a lot about what life is really about.

29. Try to make at least three people smile, every day.

30. What other people think of you is none of your concern.

To be continued ............

31. Your work won't take care of you when you're sick. Your family and friends will.

Your priorities should reflect that.

32. Do the right thing. It pays off in the long-term.

33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or brings you enjoyment.

34. When you are angry or upset, seek solitude before taking it out on the people around you.

35. Forgiveness heals all wounds.

36. No matter how good or bad the current situation is, it'll change.

37. The best is yet to come.

38. When you wake up alive in the morning, don't take it for granted - embrace it.

39. The secret of secrets in your heart is that you CAN be happy - so don't be afraid to go for true happiness.

40. Never forget to enjoy the time you have, the moment you are experiencing, and the people who share

these things with you!

:peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back