• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Legalising lgbt is blasphemy of hinduism

Being judgmental. Lacks understanding. Anyway, I am not bothered. One insignificant drop does not make the ocean.

Go and attend a rape case hearing in a court which is fought forcefully. You will understand what I am telling. This is not the place where this matter can be discussed விலா வாரியாக. I will ask the victim just one question "when" and "how"was the "No" expressed. Rape is not like you just switch on a light in a room or switch it off. A whole lot of process progression is involved.

Read this also:https://www.news18.com/amp/news/ind...i-live-director-mahmood-farooqui-1636829.html

This does not deserve my reply. I just ignore.

Just one more statement of the obvious.

LOL.

Dear LOL,

A heart that is shadowed by a mind of hatred can only divide others into buckets based on caste, race, sexual orientation, gender etc
The 'obvious' point above is missed in day to day interactions. An ego dominated by an impure mind filled with hatred can scream Narayana but that has no effect.

Why hate LGBTQ people that are found in this creation. They did not choose to be that way. Let us learn to see them as fellow human beings first and then devotion to Narayana will bear fruits.

The opposite of "I was born this way" is not "I chose this way." In a 2016 article on sexual orientation published in Psychological Science in the Public Interest, researchers wrote that "whether sexual orientation is a choice" is a poor phrase for advancing our understanding of sexuality. We choose our actions, they wrote, not our feelings. Words like "choice," "preference" and "lifestyle" are loaded because they've been used to oppress sexual minorities.

The story we've long been told is that a combination of genes (such as xx or xy chromosomes) and early exposure to sex hormones (such as testosterone or estrogen) make us who we are. They influence the formation of “male brains” and “female brains,” and that same process, it’s been said, also shapes “gay brains” and “straight brains.” We’ve accepted that biological factors drive our sexual desires, our personalities, what toys we play with as children, what jobs we choose when we become adults. Differences in our brains have been used to explain why there are fewer women in STEM and why young male traders on Wall Street brought the economy to the brink of collapse. Gay and straight. Male and female. We’re just wired differently.
[FONT=q_serif]
The reason the gorillas doing this is significant is because scientific studies have also found that [/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]humans are 98% genetically identical to gorillas[/FONT][FONT=q_serif]. Therefore, the odds are high that whatever allows for the possibility of homosexuality in gorillas is present in the human genome, supporting the idea that homosexuality is not a matter of choice and is present the minute gay people are born. Thus, based on the evidence, there’s absolutely nothing “unnatural” about it.
[/FONT]

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-think-youre-born-LGBTQ-or-straight-when-its-a-choice#

In post 23, Mr Vaagmi wrote:

"Go and attend a rape case hearing in a court which is fought forcefully. You will understand what I am telling. This is not the place where this matter can be discussed விலா வாரியாக. I will ask the victim just one question "when" and "how"was the "No" expressed. Rape is not like you just switch on a light in a room or switch it off. A whole lot of process progression is involved.

Read this also:https://www.news18.com/amp/news/indi...i-1636829.html"

When and how NO is expressed can be debated. This has nothing to do with LGBTQ issue.
Whether the case is a hetrosexual or homosexual rape, it is rape. Period. The consent or lack of consent will always be debated to make sure innocent is not punished.

While I can never understand homsexual activity (and turned off by it and against any public display of any kind), I still think of them as human beings first. I may still be prejudiced because I dont have strong feelings against seeing lesbian kisses in a movie (but close my eyes if I see a man trying to kiss another). But beyond such scenes, gays and lesbians I know in real life are nice people like any other you find in life.

We should not think this act of decriminalizing by court of gay sex means rapes will go up. That will be silly and only a perverted mind will think that way.

What Indian court has to do is criminalizing marital rape first. That is cruel.

I too have my qualms about homosexual behaviors, but why should I expect others to live by my standards.
I am a vegetarian, but I do not force or condemn others who eat meat.

Similarly, others can live their life as long as it is legal.

I have seen 2 gay men I know who expressed their feelings to each other in a romantic way when they decided to get " engaged"..they exchanged rings on their own and bought me a gift too for being able to appreciate their gesture...i still keep the gift but sadly they broke up cos both were from different countries and could not be together but when they were togather i used to like their emotions for each other.

Humans are made for connecting..may be if some males here in Forum are stranded with another male in a island for 20 years...who knows the brain might rewire to feel differently..
But again if its an Intercaste or Pratiloma type of liasion..wonder whose Gotra will.change.

Btw we Hindus have an Ardhanareeshvara concept and a Vishnu being a Mohini concept where Vishnu as a Mohini captivated Asuras in the Kurma avatar episode..was Vishnu identifying with His feminine side?

Shiva was shown to be attracted to Mohini..we got Hari.Hara.

So we have transgenderish and gayish stories too but no lesbian devis..may be a male is allowed to.express his sexuality..straight or gay or bi..but a female is not allowed to do the same..hence devis are straight females hopelessly devoted to their spouses who might explore being mohini or ardhanareeshvara.

Last edited:
Dear LOL,

Noted the fact that the LOL hit the target without a miss. I am tempted. So here goes another ......LOL.

An ego dominated by an impure mind filled with hatred can scream Narayana but that has no effect.

It has started screaming already beginning with the post #17.

Why hate LGBTQ people that are found in this creation. They did not choose to be that way. Let us learn to see them as fellow human beings first and then devotion to Narayana will bear fruits.

Blind dislike for a member here can play havoc.

Read my post again. I have not said anything expressing hatred on LGBTQ. I have just said Courts need not intervene in this matter and it is for the Government to bring in reforms for equal treatment/privileges for this community.

So, LOL can result in not only a scream of Narayana but also in blinding a person's equanimity and balance. Narayana Narayana, Siva Siva.

I have seen 2 gay men I know who expressed their feelings to each other in a romantic way when they decided to get " engaged"..they exchanged rings on their own and bought me a gift too for being able to appreciate their gesture...i still keep the gift but sadly they broke up cos both were from different countries and could not be together but when they were togather i used to like their emotions for each other.

Humans are made for connecting..may be if some males here in Forum are stranded with another male in a island for 20 years...who knows the brain might rewire to feel differently..
But again if its an Intercaste or Pratiloma type of liasion..wonder whose Gotra will.change.

Btw we Hindus have an Ardhanareeshvara concept and a Vishnu being a Mohini concept where Vishnu as a Mohini captivated Asuras in the Kurma avatar episode..was Vishnu identifying with His feminine side?

Shiva was shown to be attracted to Mohini..we got Hari.Hara.

So we have transgenderish and gayish stories too but no lesbian devis..may be a male is allowed to.express his sexuality..straight or gay or bi..but a female is not allowed to do the same..hence devis are straight females hopelessly devoted to their spouses who might explore being mohini or ardhanareeshvara.

And what about the Q--the queer?

I was wondering why there was no sound from madam.

Thanks madam for breaking the ice.

Does Medical Science or principles of human physiology say LGBTQ is a normal/natural instinct?

Was Shikhandi a T?
Was Brihannala a B?

Were both of these Hindu?

imho they are fictitious characters from fictitious mythology.

this is no evidence to corroborate that hinduism promotes lgbtq.

epics/legends/ithihaasaas/puraanaas are not scriptures/vedas/sastras/doctrines/tenets/statutes.

Last edited:
What does Medical profession say about wearing a "poonal" or Hijab? And why should it say anything about any cultural aspect of life?

What does a Physics professor say about a man going to Moon, or an astrologer saying about exploring other planets?

We are all adults discussing social behavior, I can understand a social scientist may add another angle to the discussion, but to single out one person in the group is not right.

Was it right for King Dasaratha to have 3 wives? It was in his day, it would be wrong today.
Having gay sex would be punishable in Iran today, but the same act is legal in India now.

Was it right for King Dasaratha to have 3 wives? It was in his day, it would be wrong today.

Even in modern times it is not wrong for popular personalities, especially from Cinema and Politics. Have we not come across this?

There are lot of Dasarathas roaming around without any fear.

I was wondering why there was no sound from madam.

Thanks madam for breaking the ice.

Does Medical Science or principles of human physiology say LGBTQ is a normal/natural instinct?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1887219/
A difference in hypothalamic structure between heterosexual and homosexual men.

Read the link i pasted.

Now going by Vaagmi gene theory..if there can be a Sattva Gene..why not a LBGT gene or even a polygamous gene or a polyandrous gene.

I suspect a Vaishnava gene exists..cos there are so 100% sure There is No God but Vishnu and Ramanuja ( pbuh) is His Prophet.

Last edited:
Noted the fact that the LOL hit the target without a miss. I am tempted. So here goes another ......LOL.

It has started screaming already beginning with the post #17.

Blind dislike for a member here can play havoc.

Read my post again. I have not said anything expressing hatred on LGBTQ. I have just said Courts need not intervene in this matter and it is for the Government to bring in reforms for equal treatment/privileges for this community.

So, LOL can result in not only a scream of Narayana but also in blinding a person's equanimity and balance. Narayana Narayana, Siva Siva.

Dear Mr Vaagmi:

No blind dislike for you from me. Remember in the entire forum I am the one and only one to offer you e-Hugs. And because you practice untouchable thinking you rejected that. The offer of e-Hugs still stands.

Now Sriman Narayana may come in many forms to teach you.

LGBTQ people are discriminated the world over. Courts have to decriminalize their acts. But it bothered you and you even equated their harmless acts (done in privacy between consenting people) to rape situations. So you have to ask yourself if your mind is corruption and hatred free.

Some say 5 to 10% are gay to varying degrees. So one of your religious types you hold dear is actually gay. If you knew that the person is gay will you still respect them? What if the fellow who comes to eat at a Shrddam lunch is gay. Will you wash the person's feet and feed them or ask for someone else. You know how you will react.

When that hatred goes and you can see all human beings as human beings (much like you) Narayana will give you salvation. That is his message given through me to you (who is but an instrument).

If you are moved you can donate to a LGBTQ charity organization as a show of your acceptance of them. What do you think, Ayyangarval?

Dear Mr Vaagmi:

No blind dislike for you from me. Remember in the entire forum I am the one and only one to offer you e-Hugs. And because you practice untouchable thinking you rejected that. The offer of e-Hugs still stands.

Now Sriman Narayana may come in many forms to teach you.

LGBTQ people are discriminated the world over. Courts have to decriminalize their acts. But it bothered you and you even equated their harmless acts (done in privacy between consenting people) to rape situations. So you have to ask yourself if your mind is corruption and hatred free.

Some say 5 to 10% are gay to varying degrees. So one of your religious types you hold dear is actually gay. If you knew that the person is gay will you still respect them? What if the fellow who comes to eat at a Shrddam lunch is gay. Will you wash the person's feet and feed them or ask for someone else. You know how you will react.

When that hatred goes and you can see all human beings as human beings (much like you) Narayana will give you salvation. That is his message given through me to you (who is but an instrument).

If you are moved you can donate to a LGBTQ charity organization as a show of your acceptance of them. What do you think, Ayyangarval?
A TB,
I am fed up with your needling forays here. Try to mature and stop being a baby.
You may offer hugs but accepting or refusing is my right particularly when the hugs come with a wink like our upstart neta did in parliament.
Stop bringing in Srimannarayana here in your childish outpourings. You do not know what is Srimnnarayana. Anyway it is not a stick to beat others with.
I do not have to prove to you that my mind is corruption free and hatred free.
Your frequent screams of Narayana and that new one you have found "Ayyangarval" smacks of Veeramani's obnoxious influence.
Stop doing it when you engage me here or else I will have to report your mischief to Moderator .
This is the last post in which I have chosen to engage you. From now on you will be just ignored.

The question that was debated in SC was criminalization of homosexuality through Article 377 for which it is is now curtains down...But extrapolating the ruling ora's box...As a Country we are not ready for same sex marriages... Can the partner be allowed to inherit? How about adoption and ddivorce?

Last edited:
What does Medical profession say about wearing a "poonal" or Hijab? And why should it say anything about any cultural aspect of life?

What does a Physics professor say about a man going to Moon, or an astrologer saying about exploring other planets?

We are all adults discussing social behavior, I can understand a social scientist may add another angle to the discussion, but to single out one person in the group is not right.

Having gay sex would be punishable in Iran today, but the same act is legal in India now.

sir,

imho you are digressing from the main issue.

the discussion here is about whether lgbtq is a normal instinct, if it is an abnormal attraction and morbid desire not natural.

social activities are not instincts sir.

dasaratha married 3 wives and all three were ladies. they were not gents.

mk had 2 wives. gemini ganesan had many. dharmendra had 2 wives. kamalahasan has more than 1 wife, total numbers unknown. these are just a few samples. whether it is right or wrong, they were not tried in any court of law nor were they convicted for polygamy.

I am not aware if there is any article in IPC which mentions polygamy is a crime punishable under law, if there is any law or act forbidding/penalizing/criminalizing polygamy. Lawyers in this forum may throw light on this.

Illicit or immoral relationships between a man and woman who are not married to each other is obviously perceived as crime. A man or a woman may seek divorce from his/her infidel spouse as permitted by Indian Law.

How would you react if someone appeals against such and eventually succeeds in having the apex court decriminalize illicit affairs/fornication/adultery?

what if oedipus complex and electra complex are decriminalized?

imho indulgence in lgbtq shall be grouped as instances belonging to the same class as adultery/fornication/incest.

Last edited:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/1887219/
A difference in hypothalamic structure between heterosexual and homosexual men.

Read the link i pasted.

Now going by Vaagmi gene theory..if there can be a Sattva Gene..why not a LBGT gene or even a polygamous gene or a polyandrous gene.

I suspect a Vaishnava gene exists..cos there are so 100% sure There is No God but Vishnu and Ramanuja ( pbuh) is His Prophet.

is it part of medical curriculum madam?

The question that was debated in SC was criminalization of homosexuality through Article 377 for which it is is now curtains down...But extrapolating the ruling ora's box...As a Country we are not ready for same sex marriages... Can the partner be allowed to inherit? How about adoption and ddivorce?

does hinduism permit/approve or condemn/object same-sex marriage?

is there evidence of any hindu same-sex marriage having been conducted? has there been a precedence?

sir,

imho you are digressing from the main issue.

the discussion here is about whether lgbtq is a normal instinct, if it is an abnormal attraction and morbid desire not natural.

social activities are not instincts sir.

dasaratha married 3 wives and all three were ladies. they were not gents.

mk had 2 wives. gemini ganesan had many. dharmendra had 2 wives. kamalahasan has more than 1 wife, total numbers unknown. these are just a few samples. whether it is right or wrong, they were not tried in any court of law nor were they convicted for polygamy.

I am not aware if there is any article in IPC which mentions polygamy is a crime punishable under law, if there is any law or act forbidding/penalizing/criminalizing polygamy. Lawyers in this forum may throw light on this.

Illicit or immoral relationships between a man and woman who are not married to each other is obviously perceived as crime. A man or a woman may seek divorce from his/her infidel spouse as permitted by Indian Law.

How would you react if someone appeals against such and eventually succeeds in having the apex court decriminalize illicit affairs/fornication/adultery?

what if oedipus complex and electra complex are decriminalized?

imho indulgence in lgbtq shall be grouped as instances belonging to the same class as adultery/fornication/incest.

If your knowledge of Hinduism is through the glass of Abrahamic religion, I can not help you. My God (nirgun Brahman) is limitless. There is nothing that is not in Brahman. So there is nothing against God, no one can do something that not in Brahman. My God is not in charge of moralizing.

If your god (specifically lower case) then he has all the limitation. This god is very much in the nature of Abrahamic god.

Your original post claimed to represent Hinduism, that is overreaching. Some countries allow same-sex marriage, some other criminalize it, and some countries are still in the process.

Last edited:
specialist in clinical psychology, psychotherapist and university professor, Dr. Carole Saadeh representing LebMASH.
Dr. Saadeh notified that the issue of homosexuality is not only related to psychology, but it is first linked to the human rights in Lebanon.

She stated that homosexuality is not a disease and therefore do not require treatment and the subject of the treatment of homosexuals is impossible, but can the opposite it may lead to more damages; the illness is homophobia, it is found only in human race and not in homosexuality which exist in a lot of living creatures. Dr. Carole drew attention to the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior, if behavior may change the sexual orientation is stable.
Then spoke the director of the LPA, the psychologist Dr. Leila Akoury Dirani, Dr. Dirani confirmed that psychology only interferes with homosexuals to help them overcome social and family pressures, and stressed that the treatment or follow-up can be efficient only if the patient suffers from sexual identity disorder, and it helps him to discovers his true sexual orientation.
After a small intervention of the lawyer Mr. Nizar Saghiyeh, Dr. Leila confirmed that homosexuality is not against nature.
https://ilga.org/science-confirms-homosexuality-is-normal-and-there-is-no-treatment/

If your knowledge of Hinduism is through the glass of Abrahamic religion, I can not help you. My God (nirgun Brahman) is limitless. There is nothing that is not in Brahman. So there is nothing against God, no one can do something that not in Brahman. My God is not in charge of moralizing.

If your god (specifically lower case) then he has all the limitation. This god is very much in the nature of Abrahamic god.

Your original post claimed to represent Hinduism, that is overreaching. Some countries allow same-sex marriage, some other criminalize it, and some countries are still in the process.

are not countries which claim to follow abrahamic religions, the usa for instance, the ones which legalized lgbtq and set a precedent for others to follow!!!!!

are we not blindly imitating their laws?

may I know why you claim 'criminalizing lgbtq' as 'limiting God'? how are 'sovereignty of God' and 'decriminalizing lgbtq' connected/related?

Please review your statement 'my god is not in charge of moralizing'. I am not aware which god you are referring here. if the 'god' you are referring is hindu gods, then what are the lessons/morals to be learnt from ramayana and mahabharatha?

my simple question is, does the vedas, the upanishads, the brahmanas promote lgbtq or do they condemn lgbtq?

have any of the 3 acharyas said anything in support of lgbtq?

Last edited:
if a pair of lgbtq wish to be married as per hinduism, how would the hindu priests get them married?

are there mantras to that effect?

could an lgbtq wedding be conducted ceremonially?

Latest ads

Back