• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Divorce rearing its ugly head among Tambrahms

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what the starter of this thread, Ganesh, says:

Yes, he made this statement, but this may apply only to this thread alone ...repeat only to this thread and cannot be defined as a declaration for all the threads the member participates in this Forum.

In my extended family we have a RELIANCE Mama and a BRU Mami. This uncle’s son was married and his wife is a professor in an Engineering college at Chennai. Due to automation, the IT Firm took retrenchment measures and the boy was sacked and is jobless now. This unexpected development brought difference between the families and both the sides are unable to come to a compromise, and there is a rift now. Members of the girl’s family are insisting for a divorce…

I can also write a lot like this ... I don't know what way such information will help the thread....

Let DOLLAR BISCUIT Mama and MODERN Bread Mami relax for a
while..

Last edited by a moderator:

[h=1]I find divorce a better option after reading the following article!!.

Wife paid sister over Rs 2 lakh to kill retired bank manager[/h]

MUMBAI: The
Charkop police team, which solved the murder of a retired bank manager missing for a year, found out that his wife Asha Wankhede (56) paid Rs 2.25 lakh to her sister Vandana Thorve (40), to help to kill him on April 11, 2016.

Vandana agreed to help as her daughter was expecting and she required money for the baby shower on April 14, 2016. According to the plan, Asha and her husband Prakash reached Ahmednagar on April 10, 2016. Next day the accused spiked his food and later Asha, Vandana and the latter's boyfriend Nilesh Supekar (32), hit him on the head with an iron rod, killing him on the spot.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/wife-paid-sister-over-rs-2-lakh-to-kill-retired-bank-manager/articleshow/58138367.cms

We ARE wasting time in this thread because no one can reduce the number of divorces happening now! :sad:
icon3.png

This thread has crossed 28 pages and 277 posts..... ???

Here is one more:

A handsome Iyengar doctor sees a pretty Iyer girl working at the airport. Gets her address and meets her parents.

Parents are elated and did not worry about horoscope matching etc. Wedding was a grand gAlA event. Girl went with

her hubby to the U S of A. She was not allowed to work and was forced to say at home. After two years, boy's family

started harassing the girl - remotely from India - for not begetting a child. Her husband too started torturing her. Then,

she approached her classmate girl and found a job as a librarian, to support herself. Applied for a divorce and got it.

She is NOT willing to re-marry or come back to India, because of the fear of gossips about her! How sad!! :(

Her father died soon and mom goes once a year to be with her daughter.

Idiot of a husband..for Gods sake he is a doctor..doesnt he know sometimes conception might not be possible despite trying all measures.

What a waste of education if he is no different from an uneducated male.

There are many titles I have been taught to wear in my life -- daughter, sister, aunt, wife and graduate -- but I never thought I would add one more to the list. Divorcee. This article is NOT being written because this is a title that I am proud of and definitely NOT something I ever expected to happen, but it happened.

The purpose of this piece is to relate to those who are going through or have gone through a divorce to know that you are not alone in this world, because the aftermath of a failed marriage can be the loneliest chapter of your life. I now find myself picking up the shattered pieces of my own life. I am trying to put all the broken fragments back together so I have a reason to keep moving forward.

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/tamilculture/single-tamil-female-and-i_b_6828380.html

Dear Renu and Prasad Sir,

Thank you very much for your replies. Yes! That doctor guy is a total waste!

BTW, I continue in this forum only because I have friends like you, in spite of

the nonstop bickering by one, existing in forum!

Men who themselves are impotent blame their wives to divert attention!! It is very much possible!! There are umpteen ways to get a child!

On reading this, I just remember the following :

தீதும் நன்றும் பிறர் தர வாரா

Men who themselves are impotent blame their wives to divert attention!! It is very much possible!! There are umpteen ways to get a child!

If husband has zero sperm count...there is no way to get a biological child.

Btw Impotency is different from low sperm count.
In low sperm count or zero sperm count..one might not be impotent.

But a person who has normal sperm count can be impotent.

Many confuse this terminology.

But the strange thing is...I have see cases of normal husband and wife..yet cant get children but after divorce and remarriage they get children from new marriage.

Seen many cases like this..
Seems like at times some higher energy combination determines ability to have a child.

Thank You RR ji..

I understand how you feel ....I am in the same boat too..but I take it in a different way...that is it makes me feel irresistible that my stalkers are increasing!LOL

guruvukku Eththa sishyan!! :hail:

Mid-week musing -

How can uninitiated mahisham be expected to know, much less appreciate, the Braahmana nithya praatha smaranam:

gurave sarva lokaanaam....... nidhaye sarva vidhyaanaam
sree dakshinaamorthaye namaha ?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

"You are merely an Iyer and Krishji44 is an Iyengar."

How was this obscene personal insult by Prasad1 allowed to appear in this thread? And go unnoticed by the usually vigilant Moderators?

If Krish44 is truly a Braahmana, whether Iyengar or otherwise, can he please tell us:-

(1) when and by whom was his chaulam samskaaram performed?

(2) when and from whom did he obtain his formal and secret Brahmopadesham (under cover of a pattu-veshti held over the heads of his father, his aachaarya, and himself)?

(3) when and under which guru's upadesham did he perform his samaavarthana snaanam?

If he cannot truthfully answer, or hedges his answers, he is NOT a Braahmana.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

One might be able to answer all three questions with perfect answers but if one is not a knower of BRAHMAN he is not a BRAHMANA.

Lord Krishna says in Geeta...Among the thousands that strive to know Me..hardly even one truly knows Me"

Last edited:

Further mid-week musings:

Paattu-maamis pretending to dabble in abstruse astrology can hardly be expected to know, much less appreciate, the Thamizh proverb:

களவும் கற்று மற

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Dear Sri Falcon

How about ignoring the pair of frenetic frustrated females, and answer my query about sugar-coating? Thanks.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Nope..Falcon/JaiShankar can not ignore these two females..believe me ..no one can.

That is the power of Maya Shakti..you can never decide to hate us or to like us!
The more you try to decipher us..the less you know and it will only leave you frantically frustrated.

You will only sing

..Main Roun ya Hasoon...Karoon Main Kya Karoon..Badi Mushkil Hai!LOL

(Should I cry or laugh...what should I do..really difficult)

Last edited:

Mid-week musing -

How can uninitiated mahisham be expected to know, much less appreciate, the Braahmana nithya praatha smaranam:

gurave sarva lokaanaam....... nidhaye sarva vidhyaanaam
sree dakshinaamorthaye namaha ?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

So I guess some are Swavambhu?
They didnt require an unititated mother to be born to be initiated to proclaim they are Brahmana?

So how come its an uninitiated female that gives birth to a male that gets initiated?

Hadith says: Heaven is beneath your mother's feet.

Well..Iyerji
How can I expect you to understand.

Last edited:
One might be able to answer all three questions with perfect answers but if one is not a knower of BRAHMAN he is not a BRAHMANA.

Lord Krishna says in Geeta...Among the thousands that strive to know Me..hardly even one truly knows Me"

You are talking only about the three questions and perfect answers......

How can you overlook the first question...?

How was this obscene personal insult by Prasad1 allowed to appear in this thread? And go unnoticed by the usually vigilant Moderators?

For all the other three questions those who are in this Forum for a long time may know the answers

Mr. Iyer being a new comer has raised these and quoting BG and other holy scripts here is not the right way of dealing with such questions, especially for seniors with lot of experience to their credit.

My humble request, is, if you are capable of answering these questions .... perfect answers in your opinion.. please deal with them or else please try to stay away and don't try to either drift this issue by quoting BG, Bible, Quran or dilute the issue as usual.

You are talking only about the three questions and perfect answers......

How can you overlook the first question...?

For all the other three questions those who are in this Forum for a long time may know the answers

Mr. Iyer being a new comer has raised these and quoting BG and other holy scripts here is not the right way of dealing with such questions, especially for seniors with lot of experience to their credit.

My humble request, is, if you are capable of answering these questions .... perfect answers in your opinion.. please deal with them or else please try to stay away and don't try to either drift this issue by quoting BG, Bible, Quran or dilute the issue as usual.

Dear VB ji...
Better use your real name otherwise severe confusion will occur in Akhirat.

I have the right any text I want.
Our Hindu religion is all about Question and Answers.

No one shys away from replying any query.

I qoute legitimate authentic texts and not merely copy and pasting Google images quotes.

I have the right to stay here and go no where..just like you too have the same rights to be here.

You can not say me qouting Geeta is not the right way...Geeta is a authentic text which stands tru out time.

Yes..anyone can have any experience but that does not mean I can not state my opinion.

Whatever said and done..never try to control me.
I never try to control you or curb your replies.

I dont even give you thumbs down like how you give me ever so often.

So you see..I am here to stay.
Until and unless I get banned you will still see me..

Main Yahaan Hoon Yahaan.

Diplomacy in reply is an art.

Either you have it or you dont.

So my dear...take care..

BTW..I didnt overlook the 1st question cos some Iyengars do think on those lines.
I think you too must have heard it.
So you tell me O learned one..Is it true?

Last edited:
Did you mean to say something?

Presume this is addressed to me.

Yes. I wonder what is going on here.

Sri Narayanaswamy Iyer appears to be erudite and is comparatively new here. He is not aware of the indercurrents here.

His style of presenting his ideas sometimes gets other people uncomfortable.

And then starts a free for all in which even the 'red-letter-privileged' participates and there is a lot of crimson splashed alround.

What we lose is a scholar's ideas and his participation in the forum.

Let us accept people for what they are-even if they are people with a big ego. Gets mellowed with time.

Less frequent intervention from powers that be and patience from members here will retain knowledegeable people here and the forum will benefit.

If I am going to be shown the door for saying this, I just do not care. The profit of my Company is not going to dip. LOL.

Last edited:
Presume this is addressed to me.

Yes. I wonder what is going on here.

Sri Narayanaswamy Iyer appears to be erudite and is comparatively new here. He is not aware of the indercurrents here.

His style of presenting his ideas sometimes gets other people uncomfortable.

And then starts a free for all in which even the 'red-letter-privileged' participates and there is a lot of crimson splashed alround.

What we lose is a scholar's ideas and his participation in the forum.

Let us accept people for what they are-even if they are people with a big ego. Gets mellowed with time.

Less frequent intervention from powers that be and patience from members here will retain knowledegeable people here and the forum will benefit.

If I am going to be shown the door for saying this, I just do not care. The profit of my Company is not going to dip. LOL.

What you say is acceptable provided no insults are exchanged.

Thats not too difficult for anyone to adhere to.

Even harsh words can be diplomatically worded.

For eg If we want to tell a person to go to Jahannam..we should not directly tell them but instead convince them to buy a ticket themselves.

Viprah or Pamara..both need to just be diplomatic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back