• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

I C and I R weddings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Iyer ji is busy.........."

Sri Krish44 the Klown now claims to have x-ray eyes that can penetrate outer space and descend upon the Earth thousands of kilometres to pinpoint with precision a target of his psychotic nonsense. Heartiest congratulations.

In the Geetha, Bhagavaan Lord Sri Krishna Paramaathma had to grant his avowed bhaktha Warrior Arjuna divine supernatural eyesight दिव्यं चक्षु: ते ददामि to view His visva-roopam.

Our Klown needs none. He's perfect.

Krish's past high jinks have sadly ended in biting the dust on the circus floor. Let's now look to his unloading his next bag of tricks or, as one talented and respected lady doctor would put it, doing his next round of stunts.

Take a bow, sir. We are waiting to be entertained.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Can't change birth can get out of the system! Now more are getting out of the system

Brahmin and Dalit

She is a Tamil Brahmin from Erode, brought up in an agraharam (Brahmin colony). He is a Scheduled Caste man. “My family wanted me to wait because I had sisters but I would not,” she recalls, because his parents had already started to look for a girl. “I was deeply disenchanted with my caste,” remembers Saroja. “My Muslim friends would steal me into their homes and offer me their food.” The couple faced a lot of trouble initially from caste groups, family and neighbours. Eventually everyone came around. “It’s been 30 years now. I couldn’t be happier,” says Saroja. “I couldn’t change my birth, but I could get out of this system by marrying him.”

There are more stories to relish...

That was a 2013 news clipping...

Nothing would have changed in these three-four years... there may be more such cases... let their tribe increase.

Love in the time of caste

Even as Tamil Nadu reacts violently to inter-caste marriages, LAKSHMI KRUPA finds three couples who dared to break the unwritten law

KATHIR & TILAKAM, 1999

Dalit and Thevar

Kathir and Tilakam fell in love when they were working together in an NGO in Madurai, and got married under the Special Marriages Act. "We have been married for 12 years now and we couldn't be happier," says Kathir. They faced pressure from all around, family and community, but Tilakam's father was Leftist and together the family was able to overcome the ire of the caste groups. Kathir says that his wife refuses to use her caste name because it makes her shameful. Kathir does, though, as a way to reclaim his identity. “Generally, Dalits have a complex and tend to hide. Why should they? If someone says I am untouchable, the one who says it should hide in shame. Not me. Everyone knew who I was when I married my wife. I wanted them to know.”

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/features/the-yin-thing/love-in-the-time-of-caste/article4960041.ece

IMHO what appears important in marriage are education, job , age difference,language for communication, location for both boys and girls. Many could be prepared for

dilution regarding caste.Earlier ,vaishnavite brahmin would consider only a match from another vaishnavite family preferably of the same subsect such as vadagalai or

thengalai. Now most think any tamil brahmin would be OK. Going further, they would not mind brahmin originally tamil and telugu or kannada speaking now. With

time most tend to become liberal.The extent of change depends on mindset alone. Now most consider one parent brahmin also.The age of educated girls for marriage

has gone up to 24 and more and boys consider marriage when they are over 28 years. If parents think that they can decide their choices, then they are living in a

fools paradise. It would be sensible to lay off and accept what these children decide. Parents should be thankful that they are getting consulted.They may not clap their

hands regarding the choice their children made. At least they can tolerate it.No one can put a stop to march of time and change of preferances of the young. Why not

be mature and accept with grace?

Nothing would have changed in these three-four years... there may be more such cases... let their tribe increase.

Even as Tamil Nadu reacts violently to inter-caste marriages, LAKSHMI KRUPA finds three couples who dared to break the unwritten law

KATHIR & TILAKAM, 1999

Dalit and Thevar

Kathir and Tilakam fell in love when they were working together in an NGO in Madurai, and got married under the Special Marriages Act. "We have been married for 12 years now and we couldn't be happier," says Kathir. They faced pressure from all around, family and community, but Tilakam's father was Leftist and together the family was able to overcome the ire of the caste groups. Kathir says that his wife refuses to use her caste name because it makes her shameful. Kathir does, though, as a way to reclaim his identity. “Generally, Dalits have a complex and tend to hide. Why should they? If someone says I am untouchable, the one who says it should hide in shame. Not me. Everyone knew who I was when I married my wife. I wanted them to know.”

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/features/the-yin-thing/love-in-the-time-of-caste/article4960041.ece

The more you read the newspaper articles, the more one needs to be Observant, dear Rudhran.

It is nearly 9 years that I became a member of this forum and right from my first day of joining, the IC/IR marriage threads keep surfacing and re-surfacing at quarterly rests.

If such IC/IR marriages are such a common feature as the proponents keep suggesting in almost every post they make, why is it a news item still in 2016? Do we have news items for ordinary or for out of the ordinary..?

IC marriages have been in existence since the days of Manu, or else why did he compile such a long list of anuloma-pratimola list?

Now about the observation part:

Look how cannily "The (anti-) Hindu" introduced their communist agenda and NGO in the picture. Tilakam's father was a Leftist.. (get some clues there..?) and together with the family was able to overcome the ire of the caste groups. Left unsaid is "How".. It doesnt take one to be a genius to work out that the ire was overcome with strong arm tactics (have you seen any other form of convincing by Leftists?) and the ever present NGO, God knows what the NGO was into.

The reason for re-surfacing of this topic time and again baffles me.... and the only conclusion I can draw is that it is a bit of fascination for non-brahmins to be married into a brahmin family or to get a brahmin bride into their family and notwithstanding the overt anti-brahmin tirade in the public fora, they would like to be included in the brahmin group, which they sort of view as an "Exclusive Club", which may not necessarily be true.

Of course there are some useful idiots in the brahmin community and in Hindu community who unwittingly join the jAlra and at the drop of the hat start blah-blahing the suffocating, constricted, patriarchal, manu-vadi brahminism/hinduism style and their own version of hinduism is what they see in the "Neeya Naana" tele soap opera.

KATHIR & TILAKAM, 1999

Dalit and Thevar

One more thing about this pro-IC/IR gang.

Why do they not make such a fuss about their IC/IR brothers and sisters?

Have you come across any liberal who makes such a pomp and show of accepting someone from other community as his own REAL brother or REAL sister?

Why are they so much satisfied with the nature given Sibial relationship or they do not search for enlightening filial relationship and adopt someone as their father or mother and serve them to the end of their lives?

Does their quest for IC/IR relationships start and end with just the selection of their mate..?

"Iyer ji is busy.........."

Mr. Iyer,
In this forum, we do not make personal attacks on other members. You are fairly new to the forum, and may not be aware of forum norms.
Do not fall into this habit of people who have been banned multiple times for violation of forum norms.
Thank you.

@ Rudhran,

This is your final warning. We have had several exchanges in the past and recently also. If you do not like someone's views, there is no need to participate in that topic or avoid that post. Personal attacks are not allowed. As a senior member, you should know better.
Next time i see a post from you that violates any one of the forum rules, your account will be banned permanently.

@ Rudhran,

This is your final warning. We have had several exchanges in the past and recently also. If you do not like someone's views, there is no need to participate in that topic or avoid that post. Personal attacks are not allowed. As a senior member, you should know better.
Next time i see a post from you that violates any one of the forum rules, your account will be banned permanently.

Thank you for reminding us to follow forum norms.

"In this forum, we do not make personal attacks on other members. You are fairly new to the forum, and may not be aware of forum norms. Do not fall into this habit of people who have been banned multiple times for violation of forum norms.
Thank you."

Thank you, Sri Prasad1. Please accept my apologies if I have offended anyone under forum norms.

Was only responding to a personal attack on me in public by a Veteran Member, i.e. Sri Krish44. My e-mail address is available on this forum. He could have addressed me in private if he was being sincere. As other forum members have done.

Would you kindly re-read his e-mail #422 a day or two ago (pillorying me and identifying me by name) to which I responded? Thanks.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Many of us have differing views and we do have fun exchanging views with each other.

Forum is fun and unique with differing views.

I hope members continue our usual chatter..its fun.

We are all not too young and we can learn to have a good debate without getting too personal.

We can always shoot arrows that do not kill.

Lets go back to being friendly even if we might oppose each other strongly.

Opponents keep our minds engaged better.

So guys..kiss and make up cos I want round 2 of debates.

Many of us have differing views and we do have fun exchanging views with each other.

We are all not too young and we can learn to have a good debate without getting too personal.

Doctor Mam,

I am giving a thumps up for this posting as it richly deserves.

Like a coin having two sides, there will be always difference of opinion.

I never use to throw the first stone.

But never allow anyone to try the strategy of belittling or demeaning others.

Now who is to draw the line....?

The Forum has already laid down rules and regulations.

But few have the habit of knocking the doors of the Moderator for every drop of a hat .. like kids.. Mummy Mummy ...

Let their tribe grow.

And I am ready for the round 2 debate. lol

Doctor Mam,

I am giving a thumps up for this posting as it richly deserves.

Like a coin having two sides, there will be always difference of opinion.

I never use to throw the first stone.

But never allow anyone to try the strategy of belittling or demeaning others.

Now who is to draw the line....?

The Forum has already laid down rules and regulations.

But few have the habit of knocking the doors of the Moderator for every drop of a hat .. like kids.. Mummy Mummy ...

Let their tribe grow.

And I am ready for the round 2 debate. lol

Great ....cos I enjoy fighting with you.

Round 2 is on.

Will launch attack soon...doesnt matter who throws the 1st stone..avalanches are prefered.

Narayan Iyer ji and you form a great opposing team..all the better for a good debate.

Beef up defense..I will attack soonLOL

Last edited:

Some of us have "shoot to kill and take no prisoner attitude". instead of calling on the moderator they take the matter in their own hand. And they set bad example for others too. This bullying must stop, bantering is ok as long as others enjoy it. otherwise back off, and let the moderator take care of that situation.

It is easy to ignore certain post.

The more you read the newspaper articles, the more one needs to be Observant, dear Rudhran.

It is nearly 9 years that I became a member of this forum and right from my first day of joining, the IC/IR marriage threads keep surfacing and re-surfacing at quarterly rests.

If such IC/IR marriages are such a common feature as the proponents keep suggesting in almost every post they make, why is it a news item still in 2016? Do we have news items for ordinary or for out of the ordinary..?

IC marriages have been in existence since the days of Manu, or else why did he compile such a long list of anuloma-pratimola list?

Now about the observation part:

Look how cannily "The (anti-) Hindu" introduced their communist agenda and NGO in the picture. Tilakam's father was a Leftist.. (get some clues there..?) and together with the family was able to overcome the ire of the caste groups. Left unsaid is "How".. It doesnt take one to be a genius to work out that the ire was overcome with strong arm tactics (have you seen any other form of convincing by Leftists?) and the ever present NGO, God knows what the NGO was into.

The reason for re-surfacing of this topic time and again baffles me.... and the only conclusion I can draw is that it is a bit of fascination for non-brahmins to be married into a brahmin family or to get a brahmin bride into their family and notwithstanding the overt anti-brahmin tirade in the public fora, they would like to be included in the brahmin group, which they sort of view as an "Exclusive Club", which may not necessarily be true.

Of course there are some useful idiots in the brahmin community and in Hindu community who unwittingly join the jAlra and at the drop of the hat start blah-blahing the suffocating, constricted, patriarchal, manu-vadi brahminism/hinduism style and their own version of hinduism is what they see in the "Neeya Naana" tele soap opera.

Zebra Ji,

A friend of mine, who was posting threads regularly in this very same Forum not found very active off-late.

I just sent a message to enquire whether is he busy or had been to avail summer vacation to some hill station.

But immediately I received reply from him to the effect that he is not that much happy and was mentioning about even serious subjects treated as ‘chit chat’ session in this Forum.

Among other things like non participation of youngsters and the existing number of divisions inside the community he was also concerned about our young generation choosing brides/grooms from other castes and religions and our inability to prevent this in the interest of the community.

While this being the case, I found this subject surfacing now and then and the only change will be in the caption but not the topic and this will be nothing but an 'Araichcha mAvU'.

By discussing this topic again and again, what is that we are going to achieve….?

How is it going to help us in preventing this …?

There may be lot of solutions and who are all interested…..?

What I can see from such threads is the craving mind of few members who open such threads, enjoy comments passed against a particular community whose youngsters try to cross over.

But this is happening everywhere and I think unusually more importance is given in this Forum for this topic.

Anyway let the '
pro IC/IR marriage members GANG' have a nice time reading their much favorable comments and cherish.

In fact myself had culled out few postings from the archives to substantiate my stand about the frequency of this topic and posted in this thread.

The Forum has no rules to restrict repetition of subjects. If such a rules is formed, I think more will be relieved from IC/IR marriages, Miss matching horoscopes and the like.

Who knows I may be banned again for this posting. :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of us have "shoot to kill and take no prisoner attitude". instead of calling on the moderator they take the matter in their own hand. And they set bad example for others too. This bullying must stop, bantering is ok as long as others enjoy it. otherwise back off, and let the moderator take care of that situation.

It is easy to ignore certain post.

And it is also easy to advice others like a sadhu and preach like a yogi.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
RRji,

I beg to differ. If Draupadi had surrendered to the Kauravas, they would have given the Pandavas not only the 5 villages but the whole kingdom. The issue was that Sri Krishna protected Draupadi.

Remember with what purpose Draupadi was born from the yajna fire? To destroy the Kauravas.

In short, the great battle was all over a woman, an extraordinary woman though.

Dear Biswa Sir,

I think the kanjoos behaviour of Duryodhana was the reason for Kurukshethra war! If he had given five villages

or at least five houses to the Pandavas, the 'veNNai' Yudhishthira would have stopped the war. :becky:

BTW, I may be bad but surely NOT as bad as Duryodhana. :D

30 per cent of rural and 20 per cent of urban households said they practised untouchability.

Just five per cent of Indians said they had married a person from a different caste, says the first direct estimate of inter-caste marriages in India.

The India Human Development Survey (IHDS), conducted by the National Council for Applied Economic Research (NCAER) and the University of Maryland, also reported that 30 per cent of rural and 20 per cent of urban households said they practised untouchability. The IHDS is the largest non-government, pan-Indian household survey. It covers over 42,000 households, representative by class and social group. Its findings, yet to be made public, were shared exclusively with The Hindu. When married women aged between 15 and 49 were asked if theirs was an inter-caste marriage, just 5.4 per cent said yes, the proportion being marginally higher for urban over rural India.

There was no change in this proportion from the previous round of the IHDS (2004-05). Inter-caste marriages were rarest in Madhya Pradesh (under 1 per cent) and most common in Gujarat and Bihar (over 11 per cent).

http://www.thehindu.com/data/just-5-per-cent-of-indian-marriages-are-intercaste/article6591502.ece

This post is from 2014.

Last edited:
'The number of inter-caste marriages has gone up over the last two decades with more girls getting educated and getting better exposure.'

Not long after the reported ‘honour killing’ in Udumalpet, a couple approached the Thanthai Periyar Dravida Kazhagam (TPDK) in Coimbatore on Monday asking for help to have an inter-caste wedding.

The Kazhagam, authorised to enable registration of inter-caste marriages, has organised more than 3,000 inter-caste marriages since 2000. “We performed 50 marriages a year initially. It is steadily increasing every year. Last year, we performed 385 such marriages,” state general secretary of the organisation, Ku. Ramakrishnan, said.

He said that the number of inter-caste marriages had actually gone up over the last two decades with more girls getting educated and getting better exposure. Around 15 per cent of the couples were students.

“Fifteen per cent are from the IT sector, of them one or both are from other districts or nearby States,” he said. Twenty per cent are inter-faith marriages.

A third of the marriages involved one of them from the southern and central districts, who were getting married here due to fear of attack by the Caste Hindus.

President of Social Justice Movement N. Paneerselvam who has organised 150 inter-caste marriages from January 2015 said that there were very few marriages that take place without a problem. “We have even been threatened by the Caste Hindu families on many occasions,” he said.

“After performing such marriages we take the couple to the police station,” he said. He said that doing so gives a strong message to the families of the bride and groom as the police warn the families not to harm or disturb the young couple. “Down the line some of the families accept the couple setting aside casteist sentiments,” he added.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...iages-on-rise-despite-odds/article8358579.ece

SEPTEMBER 06, 2016 this in a newer article.

"In this forum, we do not make personal attacks on other members. You are fairly new to the forum, and may not be aware of forum norms. Do not fall into this habit of people who have been banned multiple times for violation of forum norms.
Thank you."

Thank you, Sri Prasad1. Please accept my apologies if I have offended anyone under forum norms.

Was only responding to a personal attack on me in public by a Veteran Member, i.e. Sri Krish44. My e-mail address is available on this forum. He could have addressed me in private if he was being sincere. As other forum members have done.

Would you kindly re-read his e-mail #422 a day or two ago (pillorying me and identifying me by name) to which I responded? Thanks.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
Sorry iyerji you feel offended by my remarks.

It is not the intention to pillory you for our caste name.

We belong to the same caste.

I am a vaishnavite iyengar . Both my son in law and daughter in law are iyers only.

So do not take anything too personal.

Sometimes in discussions one gets carried away and some get hurt.

If you feel offended due to any post of mine, pl free to PM me email me

I shall delete the same

You are new to the forum.

It hope it becomes an enjoyable experience for you.

With best wishes.

Krish44

Last edited:
Sorry iyerji you feel offended by my remarks.

It is not the intention to pillory you for our caste name.

We belong to the same caste.

I am a vaishnavite iyengar . Both my son in law and daughter in law are iyers only.

So do not take anything too personal.

Sometimes in discussions one gets carried away and some get hurt.

If you feel offended due to any post of mine, pl free to PM me email me

I shall delete the same

You are new to the forum.

It hope it becomes an enjoyable experience for you.

With best wishes.

Krish44

Soooooooo Sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back