• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marraige Into an Orthodox Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daksha...join everyone else here in other threads ...share your opinion on other topics too.

She should join in other threads also and bring in more friends of hers also.

She will get a forum to air her views.

It can be a good coping mechanism for her.

Some wise old lady told her DIL that marriage life is like making ghee from butter.

Initially butter melts and making it smooth and soft. Then reality dawns when couple adjust to each other -with noise like crackling of melted butter. . After that the

final phase when both come to some understanding of do's and donts' like the ghee at the end of operation. When couple strike the right balance, then it can be sweet else....

hi renu...

means ...can u define OTHER TOPICS....PLSSSSS

I mean other topics in Forum..like General Discussion...may be join Sravna to discuss some philosophy..Advaita..join RR ji to get some info on music.

I can read your mind...I know what you are thinking!LOL

Yes, Renu! We can't discuss madisAr 24 x 7 !! :becky:

At the moment Madisar is my biggest concern ?????

It's no easy task being in 9/10 yards of cloth 24 hours a day. ??

Also realised being a full time maami is very expensive ?? & expensive ??

But the respect you receive is something I have amazing!!! ??

Daksha...there is a thread in Chit Chat section about Tambram mAmas..take a look..very important for you to know that!LOL

Members here will guide you about TB mAmas.

Join the fun please.

Of course, I wonder if my husband will ever become a mAma!!???

As a priest almost all of them have a kudumi & kadukkan, but he has refrained from it & no one pressure him???

But for me it was a condition ??

You could persuade him to have kadukkan in one ear to start with.

It would be a style statement.

Lot of young men have ear ring in one ear

Lot of young men have ear ring in one ear
And........ there is an unsaid rule (of course, from the West!):

Left is right and Right is wrong! :lol:

???????????????

But in temple I visited during our honeymoon,
all the priests have to wear not a kadukkan, they have to wear 7 stone Vaira Thodu the ones us ladies wear !!!!

Of course, I wonder if my husband will ever become a mAma!!樂樂樂

As a full time priest he would be working long hours...better make sure he gets exercise and watch what he eats..otherwise risk of becoming a Thoppai Mama is high!

Ask Raji madam...RRji madam has a soft corner for shirtless thoppai mamas that throng temples in Kerala!LOL

Of course, I wonder if my husband will ever become a mAma!!樂樂樂

As a priest almost all of them have a kudumi & kadukkan, but he has refrained from it & no one pressure him

But for me it was a condition 
hi daksha,

just info...i was veda patasala student....i was temple priest tooo....now a many temple priests are not having kudumi/kadukkan..

so i know very well abt temple priest life...

hi daksha,

just info...i was veda patasala student....i was temple priest tooo....now a many temple priests are not having kudumi/kadukkan..

so i know very well abt temple priest life...

Yes, It's true

But my family insisted on my attaire being changed, to fit my role .

Dear Daksha,

Are you doing some poojA every morning? If so, what all new prayers have you learnt?

Last Saturday tried recite , Lalitha Saharanamam, we had a poojA for Anuradah nakshathiram, our aunt expects me to memorise all 1000 names, but for the time being she allowed me to read it.

Is it possible to memorise all ??

Last Saturday tried recite , Lalitha Saharanamam, we had a poojA for Anuradah nakshathiram, our aunt expects me to memorise all 1000 names, but for the time being she allowed me to read it.

Is it possible to memorise all ����

Dear Daksha..I am not a Brahmin but I can give you tips on how to commit everything to memory.

Write down everything as much as possible..then recite it on regular basis.

Then during free time recollect what you wrote without reading...
With this method we can eventually mentally visualize what we wrote..then it will stick to brain once mental image is formed.

Its just training the mind.
Early morning is best time to commit stuff to memory cos we are still fresh.

When I was young I used to write what I studied on house walls..my father had to get the walls painted many times becos of my habitLOL

Last edited:
Dear Daksha..I am not a Brahmin but I can give you tips on how to commit everything to memory.

Write down everything as much as possible..then recite it on regular basis.

Then during free time recollect what you wrote without reading...
With this method we can eventually mentally visualize what we wrote..then it will stick to brain once mental image is formed.

Its just training the mind.
Early morning is best time to commit stuff to memory cos we are still fresh.

When I was young I used to write what I studied on house walls..my father had to get the walls painted many times becos of my habitLOL

This is just the start, there is aplenty to learn, his aunt is capable of it ???

This is just the start, there is aplenty to learn, his aunt is capable of it ������

Start..dont wait..The human mind is capable of remembering anything and everything ranging from 99 names of Allah to Sahasranamams of ex admirers and God.

Is it possible to memorise all 樂樂
hi

yes ..it is possible...i do memorise all....my wife does memorise alll and chanting while cooking...practice makes perfect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back