• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Financial requirement for school education of a poor Brahmin boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVR

A young Brahmin boy Chi V.G.Venkateswaran has lost both his parents about 6 years back. His grandfather Sri Venkateswaran, aged about 79 years is looking after the child. The boy is moving to 7th standard at S R K Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Membala Nagar, Kandampatti, Salem -5.

Both the grand parents have meager income and are finding it very difficult to support the boy’s education.

Address of the Grand parents:

Mr.V G Venkateswaran,
Door No. 61/L,
408, Plot No.74, Suramangalam,
Mullai Nagar, Salem 5

Phone No. 0427 2330750

I got the information from boy’s uncle at Chennai. If possible, I request one of the members placed near Salem to visit the school and the residence of the boy and ascertain the actual requirements. The boy's uncle estimates the expenses at Rs. 20,000 p.a.

It seems to be a fit case for assistance from our community members and I kindly request you to consider the above and do the needful

If our members agree, I am also willing to participate in donations.

All the best

let him apply (or you apply) to kerala iyers trust. they are very good in quick turnaround and distribution of money.

let him apply (or you apply) to kerala iyers trust. they are very good in quick turnaround and distribution of money.

Kunjuppu ji,

I have sent the details to Kerala Iyers Trust also. If they are willing assist, I shall inform the same in this forum also.

All the best

Shri RVR,
Thanks for directing me to this thread . I think I can help educate this boy. Need to discuss this with you over phone. Appreciate if you can send me your phone #.
Best regards,
Anantha Narayanan

Sri Anantha Narayanan,

I am just waiting for action from Kerala Iyers Trust as they have completed the formalities of verification and have promised to do the needful

I shall get in touch with you based on their response.

All the best
Shri RVR,
Thanks for directing me to this thread . I think I can help educate this boy. Need to discuss this with you over phone. Appreciate if you can send me your phone #.
Best regards,
Anantha Narayanan

Poor among Brahmins, for whom, no political party can never dare to speak for, and for whom even western educated indian elite cannot take a stand, who are literally begging inside the temples, the community who were earlier known for their values/moral code of conduct/honesty/simplicity/intelligence/who excelled in every walk of life - - - are now literally left alone to the mercy of God.

"The wisdom of the ancients has been taught by the philosophers of Greece, but also by people called Jews in Syria, and by Brahmins in India." - Megasthenes, Greek Ambassador to Guptan Empire of India (now Afghanistan, Pakistan and Northern India), writing around 300 BC.

Last edited:
Poor among Brahmins, for whom, no political party can never dare to speak for, and for whom even western educated indian elite cannot take a stand, who are literally begging inside the temples, the community who were earlier known for their values/moral code of conduct/honesty/simplicity/intelligence/who excelled in every walk of life - - - are now literally left alone to the mercy of God.

"The wisdom of the ancients has been taught by the philosophers of Greece, but also by people called Jews in Syria, and by Brahmins in India." - Megasthenes, Greek Ambassador to Guptan Empire of India (now Afghanistan, Pakistan and Northern India), writing around 300 BC.

student,

let us confine to tamil brahmins' issues as each brahmin community has their own problems.

gautier's article is old and though he is revered by a certain group of people, i will take him with a pinch of salt.

just a few months ago, i was in kapaleeswarar temple. i had a wad of notes for the beggars. guess what, i could not find any. in fact the whole of chennai, i did a lot of walking, and found one leper. he did well that day, and bowed & bowed full of joy at my munificence, but i ended up crying.

Kunjuppuji,

In 2007 Oct, while I was working in IT Industry as software developer; I visited Tamilnadu for the first time(all alone), with an objective of paying homage to Saint Thyagaraja(Thiruvayaru/Thiruvarur). I also visited many places in Central and Northern Tamilnadu.

In Kanchi, a bandh was being organized by DMK against a stay order by Supreme Court for destruction of Rama Sethu. When I visited famous Kailasanatha temple (whose Rock-cut replica built by Krishna -1 in Ellora is a UNESCO world heritage site), skinny Brahmin priest of that temple asked me whether I am a tamil or telugu. There weren’t many tourists on that day. Poor priest told his plight in my mother tongue. He said, neither the government nor the temple administration gives him any salary. He is only depending on the amount that is offered to him as gratitude by Tourists for his services. Really felt so sad on that day, Tamil Brahmins who are world famous, for they form one of the best breed of Brahmins; many of them esp. priestly class are now literally making their sustenance through begging.

It is easy to destroy but very difficult to construct sth; easy to throw mud at others but very difficult to bear hatred.

In the morning, when I used to go to coaching center here in Hyderabad, I used to see daily wage labourers waiting for work on one side of the road and poor Brahmin priests waiting on the other side of the road. The former has got constitutional safeguards/all privileges but the later are left only at the mercy of God.

I don't believe in those who talk much rather in those who act/work for the cause.

Wish you all the best.

Student of V.I.H.E

student,

let us confine to tamil brahmins' issues as each brahmin community has their own problems.

gautier's article is old and though he is revered by a certain group of people, i will take him with a pinch of salt.

just a few months ago, i was in kapaleeswarar temple. i had a wad of notes for the beggars. guess what, i could not find any. in fact the whole of chennai, i did a lot of walking, and found one leper. he did well that day, and bowed & bowed full of joy at my munificence, but i ended up crying.

Last edited:
student,

you have, without intention, proved the economic malaise resulting from casteism. there is no more place in this world for handmedown professions from our fathers - whether it be a priesthood or latrine cleaning.

both the professions, under the auspicies of tradition, are tainted with the evil of one of the most discriminative systems ever instituted whether it be under the aegis of religion or practice, coolly ignoring the fact, that under the eyes of God our Creator, we are all equal.

back to priesthood. there are a few thousand priests who are in private practice and doing extremely well, judging by the complaints of extortion from the selective stingy crowd in this forum. our psyche is to cheat the priest - disgusting as it may sound. in my youth, i was sick of attending weddings, where money literally used to flow, but when it came to vaadhiaar sambhavanai, pennies used to counted.

in this context, i am surprised the said priest of your note, still clinging to his profession, and not only exhibiting a great drama of self pity, but also surprised that you get taken away by it. i wish you had advised him, instead, to join the factory workers across the road - he would be trained, well paid, protected by a union, and set the stage for upward mobility of his children.

if people have no initiative, either through ignorance or wilfulness, we can try, the educated among us, to open their eyes to a bigger and better world out there, and cast aside their inherited profession, akin to used underwear. both are soiled!!

thank you.

Hi - I would like to know about this Kerala iyers trust.. how to approach them.. any website they have?

Thanks,
Sridharan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back