• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

happy deepavali & Digital Camera help

Status
Not open for further replies.

navy-eswaran

dear members and administrator,
a very happy deepavali to all of you.
admin reminded me about the deepavali purchase.
i would like to buy a digital camera/ camcorder
i have shortlisted canonpowershot S3IS / S2IS selling around <22K /<20K respy. is it ok?? guide me pl
also i DO NOT understand a thing about memory in these cameras
about camcorder give me asuggestion for something <20K with optical zoom
i may buy anyone of the two option only.
if there is a shortfall i may settle for nikon <8000
give me a little tech background pl
regards
eswaran

Dear navy-eswaran

It all depends on what you want to do with the camera. If you just want to point and shoot then go for ease of use. But if you are interested in taking some good quality pictures go for the ones with more manual controls than automatic ones.

I suggest the following.

1. Unless you want to take big poster size pictures, go for cameras with 4 Megapixels or less. Anything more than that for normal life pictures is an overkill.

2. Go for a camera with better optical zoom. Dont be fooled by the digital zoom specs.

3. Look for manual white balance and focus controls. That will give you better control of pictures.

4. Look at the recovery time between pictures. Faster recovery times allow you to snap pictures in quick succession.

5. Look if the camera has a built in flash. If not does it have an option of mounting one (flash mount) ?

6. Does the camera have built in red-eye correction ? (optional)

Last but not least. As one who has experimented with a lot of digital camers, Sony cameras generally tend to have a little bit of overexposure with dark skinned people like me (typical desi) and hence I look much fairer in photographs than in person. Hence many desis prefer Sony. That being said, I love Canons simply because of the amount of manual controls they provide.

A good site to look at and compare digital cameras is
http://www.dpreview.com/

Hope I have not confused you.

Thanks and Good luck.

Ramki

ps: BTW, I have modified the Thread Heading to reflect that it is a request for help. Thanks

navy-eswaran said:
dear members and administrator,
a very happy deepavali to all of you.
admin reminded me about the deepavali purchase.
i would like to buy a digital camera/ camcorder
i have shortlisted canonpowershot S3IS / S2IS selling around <22K /<20K respy. is it ok?? guide me pl
also i DO NOT understand a thing about memory in these cameras
about camcorder give me asuggestion for something <20K with optical zoom
i may buy anyone of the two option only.
if there is a shortfall i may settle for nikon <8000
give me a little tech background pl
regards
eswaran

Last edited:
thanks ramki,
as suggested i went for canonA530 this came with 256 mb sd card
i amexploring it
it cost me10.5K
thanks again and happy deepavali

Status
Not open for further replies.