Tamil Brahmins Guidelines
Tamilbrahmins.com is committed to providing a forum for diverse points of view. We have established the guidelines and terms of service that follow to help our members achieve a true sense of community. If you disagree with some of the opinions expressed by a member of our community, we encourage you to create your own free Personal Home Page and make your own views known. To us, this exchange of ideas is the definition of community. We appreciate your interest in and support of Tamilbrahmins.com.
Tamilbrahmins.com guidelines have been developed to promote free-flowing exchange of ideas about your interests, and activities , while maintaining standards consistent with the community at-large and Internet community.
Who is TamilBrahmins.com For :
- Tamilbrahmins.com is a website/forum that provides a stage for all the Brahmins spread across the world to network and interact with one another on issues related to the development and well-being of the community.
- TamilBrahmins.com is available to all for communicating their thoughts and opinions on the Forums.
- TamilBrahmins.com will be the final arbitrator of what is positive presentation
- This is an open website which means anyone can register and participate. There is no discrimination based on one's religion, caste or place of residence.
Please refrain from using your account for the following activities:
- Tamilbrahmins.com is a kid safe web site. Displaying material containing nudity or pornographic material of any kind;
- Providing material that is grossly offensive to the online community, including blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred;
- Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities, promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promoting any act of cruelty to animals;
- Providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons;
- Disseminating personal information about another individual
- Providing computer software viruses or software designed to create a virus;
- Providing satellite TV cracks;
- Providing programs to "nuke" or create a denial of service attack against another individual or ISP;
- Facilitating the delivery of "spam" e-mail;
- Soliciting passwords from other members.
- Committing acts of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property infringement;
- Providing pirated computer programs or links to such programs
- Providing information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial or registration numbers for software programs;
- Providing any type of cracker utility;
- Providing pirated music or links to such files.
- Defaming any person or group;
- Using Tamilbrahmins.com for the purpose of gathering personal identifying information from individuals for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Posting or disclosing any personal identifying information belonging to children;
This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Offering for sale any products or services;
- Soliciting for advertisers or sponsors;
- Conducting raffles or contests that require any type of entry fee;
- Displaying a sponsorship banner of any kind, including those that are generated by banner or link exchange services, with the sole exceptions of the Internet Link Exchange;
- Promoting, soliciting or participating in multilevel marketing or pyramid schemes.
We reserve the right to suspend or remove any member from the website who are brought to our attention and which we find, in our sole discretion, in violation of any of these page content guidelines or otherwise is in violation of the law without any notice.
Members will conduct themselves in a civilized manner at all times. We will not tolerate personal attacks against any Members or Moderators or their businesses.
- Start threads in the most relevant forum category.
- Don't post personal attacks against other members. Take up whatever your issue you have with them privately.
- You may not post or link to material that is illegal, libelous, harmful, threatening, harassing, abusive, violent, racially or sexually offensive, defamatory or objectionable in a reasonable person's view.
- You may not impersonate another Member, Forum Moderator or anyone else.
- You may not post articles from your's or other websites in their entirety. Links to and quotes from on-topic articles are acceptable, provided 1) the source is cited and credited appropriately and 2) it does not violate copyright claims and 3) doesn't appear to be a "link drop" for your own promotional purposes.
- You may not challenge the authority of any Moderator.
- Spam, in any of its ugly forms, will not be tolerated. If you Spam the Forum, you will be immediately ejected forever without a warning.
- If you have nothing positive to say and you can't express yourself in a VERY civil and respectful manner, then please don't post.
- Search before you post a new thread, because there's a good chance someone already posted it.
- Don't hijack threads/topics. This includes (but not limited to) purposely changing the subject.
- Public posts questioning any moderator/administrator's ability to moderate will be edited and/or removed without notice.
- Moderators are the management here. They have the full authority to edit or remove any post without warning.
- Moderators have the right to edit sig's. (No personal ads, solicitations, personal details like phone numbers, IM or email address; any obvious abuse of the privilege. We reserve the right to reject any link we feel is inappropriate for this Community.)
Violation of the Rules
Should you break the rules, you will lose your status as a welcomed guest. Your login will be disabled and, at our sole discretion, your IP will banned from the Forums.
Revision of the Rules
We reserve the right to revise, remove or add to these Rules at any time and without prior notice.
A more specific set of rules can be found here http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/misc.php?do=vsarules
Under no circumstances will Tamilbrahmins.com, nor any Administrator, Moderator, web site or business associated with any Administrator or Moderator be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any post content or PM (Private Message), or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via the site.
If you feel threatened by another user or have concerns about a conversation, we ask that you try to work it out privately with the member, away from TamilBrahmins.com, so as not to ruin the experience of other members
Registration as a User implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Participants shall not post any material likely to cause offence, that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - without the express permission of the owner of such copyright - or that contains personal phone numbers or addresses.
- Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.
- The appropriate Forum Moderator/Administrator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.
- This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the Forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.