• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Homams within 1 year from father's death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respected sirs,

My father died during Jan 2012 at the age of 89. We are performing monthly sradha.

We started constructing a house with G+1with full blessings of my father from Oct 2011.

We are planning to perform Ganapathi Homam/Sudharsana Homam/Navagraha Homam on this Sep 27th in the area where we are planning to let it for commercial space.

The other portion we are planning to Grahapravasam during Feb 13, ie. after my father's yearly ceremony.

Pl. advise whether we can do the homam.

Thanks & regards
Arun

I understand that keeping kalasa in the house for performing pooja is to be avoided within one year of the demise of the daughter of the family even if she is married.Hope this practice as per our shastra vidhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back