• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Namaste and Hi everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is K.Jayakumar Menon. I do not belong to Tamil Brahmin community, but I had the opportunity to be associated with members from Tamil Brahmin community. My experience with those associations have been very pleasant, and gave me lot of happy-to-remember memories. I feel very happy to be associated with Tamil Brahmins.
I am a research chemist by profession, spent almost 30 years in that field in various companies, earlier in Maharashtra and presently working in Kerala. Married for the last 22 years, blessed with two sons. I like listening to carnatic music. Also, like to read, travel, listen to spiritual discourses, and attend satsangs. Hoping to have long-lasting association with Tamil Brahmins!

Jayakumar

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 147
My name is K.Jayakumar Menon. I do not belong to Tamil Brahmin community, but I had the opportunity to be associated with members from Tamil Brahmin community. My experience with those associations have been very pleasant, and gave me lot of happy-to-remember memories. I feel very happy to be associated with Tamil Brahmins.
I am a research chemist by profession, spent almost 30 years in that field in various companies, earlier in Maharashtra and presently working in Kerala. Married for the last 22 years, blessed with two sons. I like listening to carnatic music. Also, like to read, travel, listen to spiritual discourses, and attend satsangs. Hoping to have long-lasting association with Tamil Brahmins!

Jayakumar

Welcome to forum sir,

I just told my husband that a new member in forum has the same name as him.My husband's name is also Jayakumar Menon(but he is only 1/4 malayalee as he is of mixed heritage)

Hopefully you can share all your knowledge and experience with us.

Welcome to the forum.

As renukaji said, we hope you will share your expertise and knowledge with the rest of us.

Welcome to forum sir,

I just told my husband that a new member in forum has the same name as him.My husband's name is also Jayakumar Menon(but he is only 1/4 malayalee as he is of mixed heritage)

Hopefully you can share all your knowledge and experience with us.

Happy to hear from you, Madam.
Let me share my memories of the first two Tamil Brahmins, with whom I came into contact. They are Dr.A.V.Subrahmaniam and Dr. C.Mahalingam. Both of them were senior scientists in the company, where I started my career as a research chemist in Bombay in 1983. I still remember the interview I had with Dr.AVS. I was just a new comer in Bombay. Having brought up in a village in Kerala and being very fresh from college with no experience of the city like Bombay, I was very nervous and anxious. Dr. AVS was very friendly and made me feel very cool. It was Dr. AVS who selected me for the job as a chemist. Later I happened to be in touch with Dr. Mahalingam. He also was very caring and loving, and was a very good guide at work. Though he left the company later, our contacts are still alive even after 29 years.
We meet many people in life, but a few of them leave long-lasting impressions in our mind. They become part of our mind.
There are still more people, about whom I will write later.

Jayakumar

Dear Jayakumar ji,

I am not a TB and in my case I did not know any TB till I came to India for my studies in 1990.

There was a TB girl in my batch who used to be too competitive with all of us good students.
She knew that everyone of us were equally good in studies and to gain top position sometimes she used to resort to weird tactics.

You see all of us good students really never bothered too much of rank cos we knew we will do well and score good marks but for her it was really different.

During exams within 5 mins of exam she will be asking extra writing sheets from examiner and some students used to wonder why she is asking them so fast when it as only been 5 mins.

Then one day she told me that she always asks extra writing sheets within 5 mins to make other good students panic that she knows all answers and wrote so fast.
She said panic can make students do badly!

I used to think OMG! during exams itself she has so much time to think of playing psychological games!LOL

Anyway no one used to bother much for her cos she was the ultimate nerd types who thought that all there is to the world is to score top marks.

Once she lost a gold medal by a few marks to another girl from the irregular batch class and all hell broke lose.

You see sir, yearly we have 2 exams..one for the regular batch and one for the irregular(casual batch who had lost some 6 months due to failing exam).

Gold medal will be given to the top scorer of any subject after evaluating both the papers.
So the other girl from the irregular batch scored higher and she got the gold medal.

Miss TB was very upset and stormed to principals office saying that she deserves the gold medal cos she was from regular batch where all students are equally good and the other girl is from irregular batch where most students are bad in studies and so if one student wrote a bit better than the rest the examiner marking the papers would shower the student with extra marks!

Principal didn't agree with her and said leave the room and don't be jealous.

Then she approached the girl who had got the gold medal and told her "you do not deserve it..your paper was different from mine and you are from a dumb batch and just becos you are a bit above average you got extra marks..so give up the gold medal and tell the principal that you do not deserve it so that it can go to me..the more deserving candidate"

This is the 1st TB I knew in life.

Last edited:
The second TB I knew in life became my best friend.

She was basically a Hebbar Iyengar and was really a cool happening girl and it was really fun knowing her.

She too was a good student but never jealous of anyone.

She was basically a Hebbar Iyengar and was really a cool happening girl and it was really fun knowing her.

No human being can choose their parents or family or community. But some people, by way of their greatness and nobility in character create good opinion of their parents, or family, or community ....

Last edited:

No human being can choose their parents or family or community. But some people, by way of their greatness and nobility in character create good opinion of their parents, or family, or community ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back