• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Grahapravesam Dates & Shifting dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaskarams,

Greetings to all on avani avittam.

I have purchased a new flat in Thane, Mumbai and wish to conduct Grahapravesam (ie shifting of house as well as pooja) in Avani, since it is said, Adi is not a good month for shifting. Please note that we have not done Pal Kachal (house warming) in the new house.

My DOB is Sept 15, 1975(POB:Kadayam), wife's (kaavya) is Oct 8, 1981, (POB :Vellore) and daughter's is Mar 22, 2010 (Dombivli).

Kindly provide me the dates when I should shift and also the dates for the pooja.

Learned seniors may also send me a private message at [email protected].

Regards
Srinivas Mani

In the month of aadi rama and ravana war was held and so that month is not suitable for all subha karyams, In margali duryodhanan kouravas and paandavas maha bharatha war was held so it was deleted. In the month of maasi manmathan was burnt into ashes. so it was deleted. puratasi month first preference to pithrus. so it was deleted. panguni last 15 days year ending which is not favorable.

This year aavani month is "mala madham". that is two new moons are coming this month. not good for grahapravesam. and for all other subham functions. Only in thai month date may or may not available. In maasi and panguni sukran asthamanam so no grahapravesam.

aethir sukran will come from chithrai month which is also not good. Only in sukla patcham (valar pirai) from new moon to full moon grahapravesam must be done.

Sir,

Thanks for your response.

My DOB is Sept 15, 1975(POB:Kadayam, Tirunelveli Dist, Time of Birth :01.45 a.m.), wife's (kaavya) is Oct 8, 1981, (POB :Vellore, Time of Birth :08.00 p.m) and daughter's is Mar 22, 2010 (Dombivli, Thane Dist, Time of Birth : 11.58 a.m.).

Since as per your advise in puratasi month also, the pal kachal and grahapravesam cannot be done. Is October 18, 2012 good date for Pal Kachal and October 28, 2012 good date for Pooja/Grahapravesam ? What pooja should normally be done for Grahapravesam.

Also I am facing job hindrance (not able to get new job), though have been trying for last 10 months due to retrenchment in our organisation.

Kindly advise.

Thanks & Regards
Srinivas Mani

Last edited:
No thaara palam on 18th. Have all on 28th at about 4am to 5-30.am. with lemon fruit dhaanam.. kanni lagnam. only at that time 12th and 8th rasis in the rasi chakram is empty.draw and see 28-10-2012 rasi chakram. In rituals, ceremonirs and poojas see in page no.3 Grahapravesam details thread. all informations are there.

Sir,

Thanks for your response. To whom should the lemon fruit dhaanam be done ? Is there any procedure. From your thread on Grahapravesam details, Ganapathy Homam and Navagraha Pooja is to be done. However, I am unable to understand how to draw and see 28-10-2012 rasi chakram. I had purchased this flat around 2 and a half years ago, the possession of which I am getting later this month.

Further, you have not replied to my other query on my facing job hindrance (not able to get new job), though have been trying for last 10 months due to retrenchment in our organisation. Any pariharams to be done or prayers to be offered ?

Thanks once again for your response and clarification.

Thanks & Regards
Srinivas Mani

only one lemon must be given to the sastrigals. Inform him panchaga preethi dhanam lime fruit must be done. sastrigal will chant some manthras and will receive it. that is all For your job i will give you reply after 20th sept. regards. I will tell you about drawing rasi chakram after 20thy.

Sir,

Thanks very much for your response. Looking forward to your response after Sept 20, 2012 on rasi chakram and on the job.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Srinivas Mani

Hello Sir,

I know am repeating the question but can only Pal Kachal be done on Oct 18, 2012 during Navratri so that few things/equipments can be moved and would ease in pooja being conducted on October 28, 2012 or is there any other date before Oct 28, 2012 on which only Pal Kachal can be done.

Also request you to assist in the rasi chakram and on the job aspect.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas Mani

Hello Sir,

I know am repeating the question but can only Pal Kachal be done on Oct 18, 2012 or any other day during Navratri so that few things/equipments can be moved and would ease in pooja being conducted on October 28, 2012 or is there any other date before Oct 28, 2012 on which only Pal Kachal can be done. I am again asking as the dates are nearing.

Also request you to provide your response on the rasi chakram and on the job aspect.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas Mani​

Namaskaram Sir,

Can you kindly confirm if some items can be moved and kept in the new house before Pal Kachal date (October 28, 2012) so that pooja can be conducted smoothly.

Also request you to share your response on the rasi chakram as the pooja date is nearing and also on the job aspect.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas Mani
[email protected]

Namaskaram Sir,

Thanks for your reply. We are trying to move some heavy items during Navratri period.

I am sorry sir, I could not find any email. can you please send the email again please. I presume the explanation of Rasi chakram is also in the same email.

Thanks once again sir.

Regards
Srinivas Mani

For your job chant guru gayathri and dhakshinamurthy sthothrams. and do archana to dhakshinamoorthy on thursdays. Each and every brahmin must have some knowledge in astrology, and how to see panchangam. Kindly buy the book " kudumba jyothidam " published by lifco company, and start reading it. learn it by heart the 27 stars and 15 thirthis and 12 lagnas. Feel free to ask me doubts.

Namaskaram Sir,

Happy Dussehra.

I am sorry to respond late as I was busy with shifting of items. I received a PM on my tamil brahmins page on Oct 17 2012 as suggested by you above but no email on my email id [email protected].

I have started chanting gura gayathri and dakshinamurthy stotrams daily. We do not have Dakshinamurthy temple nearby but a Shiva temple and its all north indian style, they do not do archanai as per south indian tradition. Further, the book suggested by you " kudumba jyothidam " is in Tamil and I do not know to read 'Tamil'. Is there any other book which I can refer instead. However, I know the 27 stars (Nakshatras). If you can also share your email id thru PM or an email I can ask doubts there instead of this forum.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas Mani

Namaskaram Sir,

With the Grace of Almighty and blessings of Elders, the Grahapravesam was conducted on October 28, 2012 as suggested by Gopalan sir.

May I again reiterate the point which I have stated in my post 16 and request you to advise on the same.

I have started chanting gura gayathri and dakshinamurthy stotrams daily. We do not have Dakshinamurthy temple nearby but a Shiva temple and its all north indian style, they do not do archanai as per south indian tradition. Further, the book suggested by you " kudumba jyothidam " is in Tamil and I do not know to read 'Tamil'. Is there any other book which I can refer instead. However, I know the 27 stars (Nakshatras). If you can also share your email id thru PM or an email I can ask doubts there instead of this forum.

Thanks and Regards,
Srinivas Mani

Sir kindly suggest me a date in thai for grahapravesam my husband birth star is pooram and my birth star is kettai thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back