• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Graha Pravesam dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir,

My natchathiram is hastham and my wife's is chithirai. My 2 month old daughter's natchathram is uthirattadhi. We were planning to move to our new house in Bangalore in Aug 15 to Sep 15 time frame. But some of them are telling that this aavani month in 2012 is not auspicious as 2 amavaasai is there. Please confirm on this. Also, please suggest graha pravesam dates from Aug to Nov months.

Thanks,
Subramanian

A slight tweak in the name of the title.
It should be "griha pravEsam..". griham is house in Sanskrit
graham is a planet.
I am sure you mean house and not the planet.

Most people get confused between the two.

Dear Vinod sir,

Don't worry.Your spelling is commonly used to denote House Entry ceremony.
So we all understand what you are trying to convey.

In Sanskrit gRham गृहम् is house.

grahaH ग्रहः which is from the root word ग्रह् which means seizing and grasping is also used to denote Planets.

So if we actually want to be TECHNICALLY correct we should spell it as gRha.

griha is also a wrong spelling cos that would turn out to be ग्रिहः

Sir please do not think I am giving you grammar lessons.. I am just explaining to you so that you won't get alarmed reading post #2.

Dear Vinod sir,

Don't worry.Your spelling is commonly used to denote House Entry ceremony.
So we all understand what you are trying to convey.

In Sanskrit gRham गृहम् is house.

grahaH ग्रहः which is from the root word ग्रह् which means seizing and grasping is also used to denote Planets.

So if we actually want to be TECHNICALLY correct we should spell it as gRha.

griha is also a wrong spelling cos that would turn out to be ग्रिहः

Sir please do not think I am giving you grammar lessons.. I am just explaining to you so that you won't get alarmed reading post #2.

From an online Sanskrit dictionary:

graha = Planet
gR^iha = house

I just copy/pasted the two words above from the online dictionary.

ग्रहः ---> This is correct to use for planet. In Thamizh we write it as graham --> கிரஹம் or க்ரஹம் . Since you cannot start a word with a consonant like க், we write it as கிரஹம்

The house entry into a new house is called கிருஹப்ரவேசம் or க்ருஹப்ரவேசம்

Here is the URL for Sanskrit dictionary.

Online Sanskrit Dictionary

In the PDF version of the dictionary go to pages 62 and 63. You will find entries in devanagari script and Roman script with meaning.
gRiha for house (page 62) and graha for planet (page 63)

I am sure the original poster did not expect Sanskrit lessons in response to his post. Poor Mr. Subramanian! :D

hi
original poster had simple doubt/querry....poor guy....IGNORANCE IS BLISS....no need of a long lecture to show his/her
paandityam here....but no body helped him.....so poor responses....if we can not help others...atleast we should not disturb them..
im sorry Mr.Subramanian.....this is real our community attitude....

Last edited:
Sir,

You should not move in aavani being a mala madham. Are you going to a new house own or rented house. If own house have you already finished Grahapravesam function. Only based on your reply for this I can give you dates for grahapravesam. If you are going to do grahapraveam now only best dars are there from from january 18th onwards.

Only you are going to settle there I will give you dates in october/november.

Sir,

You should not move in aavani being a mala madham. Are you going to a new house own or rented house. If own house have you already finished Grahapravesam function. Only based on your reply for this I can give you dates for grahapravesam. If you are going to do grahapraveam now only best dars are there from from january 18th onwards.

Only you are going to settle there I will give you dates in october/november.
hi
Thank u so much gopalan sir....very kind help for Mr Subramanian...

hi
original poster had simple doubt/querry....poor guy....IGNORANCE IS BLISS....no need of a long lecture to show his/her
paandityam here....but no body helped him.....so poor responses....if we can not help others...atleast we should not disturb them..
im sorry Mr.Subramanian.....this is real our community attitude....

I was also disturbed that no one has replied to the query, but the matter branched off in a different direction.

I looked in to the profile of Mr. Subramanian and found that he has not logged on to the site after posting his query at all!! (that is till the time of posting this message)

I was also disturbed that no one has replied to the query, but the matter branched off in a different direction.

I looked in to the profile of Mr. Subramanian and found that he has not logged on to the site after posting his query at all!! (that is till the time of posting this message)

I hope members understand that the reason I wrote post #3 was not to show language skills but was to let the OP Mr Subramaniam know that the we understand what he was trying to convey and I was just hoping he will feel better that no one is finding fault with his choice of spelling and words and reassuring him that his post made sense to anyone in the right state of mind.

I really hope members do not misunderstand my post #3 as showing off skills in grammar.

I really hope members do not misunderstand my post #3 as showing off skills in grammar.

No fears.... I have no such misunderstanding. I was just pointing out that the query poser has not yet taken time out to check whether his query is replied to or not.

Gopalan Sir,

We are moving to our own new house. Grihapravesam is not done yet.

All,
Excuse me for my spelling. Thanks for correcting :)

Thanks,
Subramanian

No dates in october, november, december, february and march,.I have given everything in Grahapravesam -details in the same page bottom. Kindly read it. The 12 th place fro lagnam must be empty and avoid sara lagnams. no sukra/ guru asthamanam. It must be done only in morning.

Thank You. But Jan 2013 will be too long. My house will be ready next month. No dates in Oct/Nov 2012?

The problem with fixing date and time with astrology, numerology, etc., is that you have to abide by it. If you do not abide by it the guilt will trouble you for ever. Either you do what you need to do in the time frame you have or abide by the given advice.
Also it is disrespect to Mr. kgopakan.

I do not believe in astrology, but if some family members told me not to do it on certain time i will honor their wishes.

No dates in october, november, december, february and march,.I have given everything in Grahapravesam -details in the same page bottom. Kindly read it. The 12 th place fro lagnam must be empty and avoid sara lagnams. no sukra/ guru asthamanam. It must be done only in morning.

Thank You Sir

I would be obliged if some one could let me know from panchangam the exact date when Sravana Bagula Chaturdasi thithi falls this year.I am not quite sure of the date because of the adhika masam occuring this year. An early response will be quite useful.

Dear All,

I have same query as mr. subramanian...Here is my details..Hope i will some suggestion/ opinion..

My natchathiram is Moolam and my wife's is Pooradam. My son's natchathram is Visagam and Bharani.
We were planning to move to our new house in Seremban, Malaysia in Sep/Oct 2012. And, i check out on 19/9/2012 and 28/10/2012-Subha Muhurtham.

CURRENT PLACE New House:831,Bandar Warisan Puteri, 70400 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
2° 44' N/ 101° 58' E

Also, please suggest graha pravesam dates from Sep/Oct 2012 months.

Thanks,
Poovan (Malaysia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back