• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Popular Mandhai Ayyanar

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkpatham

Sri Poorna Pushkalambal samedha Hariharaputra swamy temple is situated near Mandhai Village ( Manadhai near Nakkambadi - It is in Kumbkonam- Karaikal Bus route). The God Ayyanar is very powerful and has been showing abundant grace to millions of devotees from that small village. The temple is very small with just one sannadhi and in a remote place. Even kurukkal comes once in a day to perform daily rituals. However , invariably there are one or two abhishekams are performed by the devotees almost on all days.

Manthai is one of the 18 Vathima gramams ( 18 Village Vathima) and situated on the banks of Naatar. Incidently Manthai Ayyanar ( Poorna Pushkalamba Samedha Hariharaputra Swamy) is Kula Theivam for large number of 18 village Vathima families. Apart from that , Lord Ayyanar has blessed so many people in and around that village doing very well in life. Many young boys have been blessed with IIT admissions , Many US visa denial cases addressed to the swamy has been resolved with His blessings.

It is bit difficult and time consuming to reach that temple. The best way to reach that place is either Visa Kumbakonam or Mayiladuthurai .

Bus Routes:

1) Kumbakonam- Karikal Bus: Ask for Mela ayyanarkudi bus stop after Manthai Village. Temple is across two rivers. Motorable Bridge exist, Car can be parked right next to this temple

2) Take a bus from Mayiladuthurai- Kollumangudi or Peralam . From there take a bus to Kumbakonam. Ask for Mela Ayyanar kudi Bus stop.

How To arrange for Puja: At present the temple is managed by Grama vasigal. There is archagar by name : Sri Nagasubramanian ( Mobile : 09486303670 ; Home Number 0435 2940938)

It is better to call him and co-ordinate the pooja timings / dates. He can arrange for Prasadam. I strongly advise to have Sakkarai pongal, Puliyodara, Thayir sadam and have it as your lunch in the temple after the pooja. The reason being you wont find any good hotels in the radius of 35 kilometers. The kurukkal will also arrange for Abhisekam material, Milk, Thayir, Ilaneer on request. However my suggestion would be to make your own arrangements

I have personally witnessed the power and blessings of the Ayyanar and he would never like to keep your prayers pending for long

Near by temples: 1) Sri Lalithambigai Tirumeiychur ( near peralam) which 10 Kilometer 2) Koothanur Sri Saraswathi Amman Temple ( Near Poonthotam- 16 kilometers)

May God bless you all

R. K Patham Iyer
Native of Mozhaiyure - Now Settled in Bangalore

Sri Poorna Pushkalambal samedha Hariharaputra swamy temple is situated near Mandhai Village ( Manadhai near Nakkambadi - It is in Kumbkonam- Karaikal Bus route). The God Ayyanar is very powerful and has been showing abundant grace to millions of devotees from that small village. The temple is very small with just one sannadhi and in a remote place. Even kurukkal comes once in a day to perform daily rituals. However , invariably there are one or two abhishekams are performed by the devotees almost on all days.

Manthai is one of the 18 Vathima gramams ( 18 Village Vathima) and situated on the banks of Naatar. Incidently Manthai Ayyanar ( Poorna Pushkalamba Samedha Hariharaputra Swamy) is Kula Theivam for large number of 18 village Vathima families. Apart from that , Lord Ayyanar has blessed so many people in and around that village doing very well in life. Many young boys have been blessed with IIT admissions , Many US visa denial cases addressed to the swamy has been resolved with His blessings.

It is bit difficult and time consuming to reach that temple. The best way to reach that place is either Visa Kumbakonam or Mayiladuthurai .

Bus Routes:

1) Kumbakonam- Karikal Bus: Ask for Mela ayyanarkudi bus stop after Manthai Village. Temple is across two rivers. Motorable Bridge exist, Car can be parked right next to this temple

2) Take a bus from Mayiladuthurai- Kollumangudi or Peralam . From there take a bus to Kumbakonam. Ask for Mela Ayyanar kudi Bus stop.

How To arrange for Puja: At present the temple is managed by Grama vasigal. There is archagar by name : Sri Nagasubramanian ( Mobile : 09486303670 ; Home Number 0435 2940938)

It is better to call him and co-ordinate the pooja timings / dates. He can arrange for Prasadam. I strongly advise to have Sakkarai pongal, Puliyodara, Thayir sadam and have it as your lunch in the temple after the pooja. The reason being you wont find any good hotels in the radius of 35 kilometers. The kurukkal will also arrange for Abhisekam material, Milk, Thayir, Ilaneer on request. However my suggestion would be to make your own arrangements

I have personally witnessed the power and blessings of the Ayyanar and he would never like to keep your prayers pending for long

Near by temples: 1) Sri Lalithambigai Tirumeiychur ( near peralam) which 10 Kilometer 2) Koothanur Sri Saraswathi Amman Temple ( Near Poonthotam- 16 kilometers)

May God bless you all

R. K Patham Iyer
Native of Mozhaiyure - Now Settled in Bangalore

The above information will be quite useful to those who are willing to visit
that place. No doubt, it is a very prominent place and the Ayyanaar is very
powerful. I hail from Nannilam near Thiruvarur and I have visited that place.
A quite useful information. Thanks to Mr Patham Iyer.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Thank you sir. I remember my early days where I have played in Nannilam Streets esp Nallamangudi Agraharam. My mom belong to Anaikuppam- Thattathimoolai ( another Vathima gramam).

Manthai Ayyanar is indeed very very powerful deity sir . Some one to get a chance to visit there itself is Bhagavat Sangalpam

Regards

I have Tagged the Manthai Agraharam and temples

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=10.9817265&lon=79.6041621&z=19&l=0&m=b

Last edited:
Thank you sir. I remember my early days where I have played in Nannilam Streets esp Nallamangudi Agraharam. My mom belong to Anaikuppam- Thattathimoolai ( another Vathima gramam).

Manthai Ayyanar is indeed very very powerful deity sir . Some one to get a chance to visit there itself is Bhagavat Sangalpam

Regards
My uncle was Kanakkupillai of Thattathimoolai Shri TL Padmanabha Iyer. In Nelamangudi
my another Uncle was there Shri TL Srinivasa Iyer. He was also a Kanakkupillai. What is your Mother's Name.
My Mami's name is Kalyani. She is also from Anaikuppam only. Still my Uncle's son is there only. Do you know
Mr Ganesan, Mill Owner's Son of Nannilam. Where did you study and in which batch you studied? I studied
in Board High School Nannilam, when Mr Venkatraman was Head Master in 1962.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Balu Sir

I know Sri Padmanabha Iyer, their son Sri Nataraju, Sridhar, Murali etc. My Uncle is TN Ayyasamy Iyer and my mom is Mrs Sundarambal. She is 81 now staying with me now at Bangalore. She spend her time in Chennai, Kumbakonam and Bangalore. I studied in Mayiladuturai and Kumbakonam

Best regards

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=10.9817265&lon=79.6041621&z=19&l=0&m=b

Manthai Ayyanar Temple is tagged to Wikimap

Last edited:
Dear Balu Sir

I know Sri Padmanabha Iyer, their son Sri Nataraju, Sridhar, Murali etc. My Uncle is TN Ayyasamy Iyer and my mom is Mrs Sundarambal. She is 81 now staying with me now at Bangalore. She spend her time in Chennai, Kumbakonam and Bangalore. I studied in Mayiladuturai and Kumbakonam

Best regards

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Manthai Ayyanar Temple is tagged to Wikimap
Murali is looking after the job of his
father. Nataraju and Ramamurthy are in Chennai. Ramani is in Villupuram. Their sister is in
Thiruvallur, Chennai. Thank you for the nice introduction.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

This site is Lucky site for me. Mandhai sri Poornapushkalambal Sameda Hariharaputra Swamy ( Sri Ayyanar) has seeded a thoughts in the minds of Mandhai gramavasigal to initiate Punaruthothranam of all the temples in that village including Ayyanar temple. Swami Saranam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back