• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Request for help by Srividhya's sister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear friends:
I have just received the following email from Srividhya, whom we have been supporting in her engineering studies. In fact, her tuition for the coming year will become due soon.

sri vidhya <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 14:50:05 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: HELP
To:

HALLO SIR,

HOW ARE YOU? MY SISTER B.PRABHAVATHY AT PRESENT

DOING HER FINAL YEAR B.COM APPEARED FOR PRILIM EXAM FOR

CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT(CA) HELD ON FEB(2007) AND CLEARED IT .

AND NOW SHE HAS TO DO THE NEXT STAGE (INTER) . SO SHE HAS TO

REGISTER FOR IT BY THE END OF THIS MONTH. IN ORDER TO

REGISTER SHE HAS TO PAY AROUND 20,000 SO CAN YOU HELP

FOR HER IN CONTINUING HER STUDIES .SHE WILL BE GETTING HER

MARK SHEETS WITH IN TWO WEEKS.

THANK YOU SIR
Could someone in the Coimbatore area look into this and post his/her findings? My source is gone and is Dubai these days.
Thank you

Some details

Silverfox,

I will chip in my bit, once further details emerge.

I went thru the ICAI website & i am not sure that the total fee that is required to be paid is Rs. 20000.

This is what i am seeing from the site

Revision of FeesParticulars of FeesFees (in Rs.)w.e.f. 1.10.2004
Students' Fee:- Students' Registration Fee 400
Students' Association Fee 100
Board Registration Fee 100
Total 600
Tuition Fee -
PE-I 3000
PE-I 3500
Final Course - Without Articleship 4000
Final Course - With Articleship 4000+600

Ofcourse this could be dated. Perhaps someone could check it out with the SIRC of ICAI at Nungambakkam High Road (Uthamar Gandhi Salai). Also there are some scholarship options within ICAI.

We should do our best to see that the kid's dream is realised.

Dear friends:
Could any of our members living in Coimbatore contact me? My cell phone is: 99400 31726. Or, send me an email [email protected].
Once you contact me, I will give you the address and phone number of this girl so that we could verify the facts and get back to me.

And, thank you, Hari, for your help. I will definitely get back to you soon. By the way, we are still working on setting up a trust.

Thanks!

My wife is a chartered accountant , she will talk to the girl and furnish more details, pls hold on for couple of days, I feel this could be for CA trg which some private institutions conduct , in any case pls hold

Thanks

My wife is a chartered accountant , she will talk to the girl and furnish more details, pls hold on for couple of days, I feel this could be for CA trg which some private institutions conduct , in any case pls hold

Thanks Mr Balaji. Will await details. I am trying to rope in someone to help this request, hope to pull it off.

Your life is in safe hands, i must add here

Dear SuBalaji

Did you/your wife get a chance to talk to this girl ? Wanted to see if the request was genuine.

Thanks for your help.

Ramki

HI Ramki,

It is genuine, they need 7000 for the course , 7000 for books and material and 7000 for a computer course , so about 21000 for the whole CA

Balaji

I moved all the relevant posts for this request here.

Subalaji, Thanks for verifying this.

I have a request for all members who have completed their CA. Since you folks have completed the CA, and you know what books she needs, do you think you folks can donate some your old books that this girl needs. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ME WRONG. I am just trying to see if we can save some money that can be used to help some other student. Trying to get the most bang for the buck :)

I will try to reach Silverfox and work with him on plans to help this girl.

Thanks
Ramki

HI Ramki,

It is genuine, they need 7000 for the course , 7000 for books and material and 7000 for a computer course , so about 21000 for the whole CA

Balaji

Curriculum has moved

I have a request for all members who have completed their CA. Since you folks have completed the CA, and you know what books she needs, do you think you folks can donate some your old books that this girl needs.
Thanks
Ramki

Ramki,

Fair thought. However the curriculum itself has moved much beyond where we were. Also there are some technicalities like say the Income Tax Act is modified by the Finance Bill every year & what i have for example wouldn't be of any use to a current student.

To the best of my knowledge, very rarely does a CA student has to look beyond the Institute course material & Suggested Answers. Ofcourse there are a standard set of textbooks too for additional learning. More important is the classes conducted by pvt institutions for preparation.

If we are ready to start helping for this kid, i'll chip in with an amount to startwith & later perhaps contribute books once i get a fair idea of the current curriculum. (Also i am sure these kids are a lot more intelligent than me so i wouldn't be surprised if they find the books too pedestrian)

dear sir,
the entire amount need not be distributed now as the course takes a min of 2 yrs to complete.
the immediate requirements are to be assessed and we can do something on that.
for inter course i can send 1000.
pl let me know.
regards
eswaran

Friends:
I am keeping a Excel spreadsheet detailing all the requests for help. If somebody needs this, please send me a message. I am still struggling to get the Trust going; haven't heard from the CA who was supposed to draft this. If this drags on, may I solicit the help of Hari? Hari, please send me a private message.
It moves me to see so many of our community members ready to chip in and help.
Ramki and myself, on our own, have already sent money to two worthy causes. I am hoping for the trust to be up and running real soon so that the money can start rolling in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back