• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

appalam in bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone let me know where will I get brahmin home made appalam in bangalore? Thanks for your help
dear sir
it is scarce to get brahmin made applam these days. gone were those days where some committed and lower middle class brahmin ladies were making it in summer season, conventionally,drying and selling more as a part of livelihood + to kill spare time. now others are more doing it as semi mechanised operation and applams are rarely made by brahmins as far as i know.leave alone bangalore but any where also i can say with reasonable correctness, 'no'. If you happen to know any correct source please tell me too. regards

Last edited:
Kallidaikkurichi / Tirunelveli Dist is Very Famous for Brahmin made Appalams as far as I know. Lallidaikkurichi (Once) a Very predominant brahmin Town having about 16 Agraharams.

Though most of the houses are now replaced by Non Brahmins today but still as said by Dr.Sundaram Sir, middle class and Lower Middle class mamis in that town still engaged in making Different Varieties of Appalam (Rice,usual appalam,Maracheeni appalam vadams and all varieties of Picles.

If possible I will send Contact nos of such families in this Forum.

Kallidaikkurichi / Tirunelveli Dist is Very Famous for Brahmin made Appalams as far as I know. Lallidaikkurichi (Once) a Very predominant brahmin Town having about 16 Agraharams.

Though most of the houses are now replaced by Non Brahmins today but still as said by Dr.Sundaram Sir, middle class and Lower Middle class mamis in that town still engaged in making Different Varieties of Appalam (Rice,usual appalam,Maracheeni appalam vadams and all varieties of Picles.

If possible I will send Contact nos of such families in this Forum.
yes, mr, sankaranarayanan, thanks. please do give me the tel nos/contact details of them.

You will get good rice appalams at the following address in Malleswaram :
Radhakrishna Traders, # 354/1 II Main Sampige Road
Malleswaram, Bangalore 560 003

Tel.No.080 23315795

We have purchased home made appalam from vaidheeswaran koil in a mess in the month of Jan, 2012 still running good now in the adjacent road of Main entrance of Vaideeswaran koil. The mess is called Mami mess..

We have purchased home made appalam from vaidheeswaran koil in a mess in the month of Jan, 2012 still running good now in the adjacent road of Main entrance of Vaideeswaran koil. The mess is called Mami mess..
dear sir !
appalam and vadagam are invented for use in rainy season prepared in summer time and properly made appalam and vadagam can be used even after one year. you feel happy for 5 month gap .but ulundhu appalam will not long last .kaladakurchi appalam is available in many famous hotels
guruvayurappan

I saw the post by Iyyarroran - Waiting to witness Nalangu.... In my marriage it started around 4pm and ended at 7pm.

But as a practice , in our family weddings we are doing this for not less than 2 hours. But one fact being most of the younger generation mami's have forgotten the rules. Whenever possible I do the umpiring for the Nalangu game since I am well versed in the whole event

Regards

I saw the post by Iyyarroran - Waiting to witness Nalangu.... In my marriage it started around 4pm and ended at 7pm.

But as a practice , in our family weddings we are doing this for not less than 2 hours. But one fact being most of the younger generation mami's have forgotten the rules. Whenever possible I do the umpiring for the Nalangu game since I am well versed in the whole event

Regards
dear sir !
when many participant in that event ,the duration will be more.it bring s the nostalgia for many.But many nalangus are over in a flash since both the bride &groom familynot involving whole heartly
guruvayurappa

"Nostalgia is not what it used to be" a funny saying! In our marriages all functions are meant to bring the couple closer and the families would have come closest. After "garlands exchange" "nalangu" is an important function kindling weak emotions of such aged group on both sides. But now the couple knows each other better, and the others less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back