• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Character assasination in Vernacular press

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brahmastra

It is seen that a section of the tamil vernacular press has launched a no
holds barred attack and character assasination of jayendra saraswathi
swamigal hurling all sorts of sexual scandals and vulgar accusations on
a nobel figure holding the head position in a ancient indian monastery.
The brahmin community seems to shut its eyes to what is going on
around. Why not file a defamation suit and throw the editors of these
third rate tabloids into jail.I think the caste of Jayendra saraswathi is the
main reason for this attack. The vernacular press does not attack
religious leaders of other castes and communities with this much
ferocity and vulgar slander.They have even gone to the extent of
comparing the Shankaracharya with a third rate criminal like Premananda
and even soliciting his views regarding the arrest episode. How long are
we going to put up with such slander?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good
men to do nothing" -Edmund Burke

The problem with brahmin community is they dont need enemy from the outside, we have them inside. What can you say about what JJ did to Jayendrar other than just plain witch hunting?. Arresting is one thing but, encouring the entire state machinery to completely deny the seer the bail is really something despicable and JJ just did that thing!. Just arresting himself has proved to the tamil people that she is impartial to brahmins, but going all the way out to keep him is too much!.

Who helped anti brahmin groups?

Hi All,
I registered Yesterday. After viewed some off the discussions here. Let me give some information abt who helped anti brahmin groups.

When recent T.N assembly election i come know form my mother that DMK come to power not by its anti brahmin policy. Then who did help them?
She told me it was a brahmin who help them.Here are some detalies she told me.

1) In 1967(too long to think abt that time) when kamaraj was c.m to T.N.
That time rajaji(who happens to be brahmin) helped DMK to form an
Alliance with 7 party that time inculding rajaji party. Then our problem
starts. Think who helped anti brahmins groups?

2) I come to know that our first P.M of india Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru(who
happens to be brahmin) in his book Discovery of india(though i am not
seen it but told) told that aryans come outside off india(Told by some
western groups to divide and rule india) .Tell me if aryans(read brahmin
)come outside off india why did our vedas not told abt it? are they lie? Think who helped anti
brahmins groups?

3) Then recent time in T.N Kanchi acharya Sri Jayendra Saraswathi was
arrested by Jayalathia(who happens to be brahmin) with out a clear
proof. Think who helped anti brahmins groups?

We can give a lot detalies even in the anti brahmin tamil movies with a lot off
brahmins acted and directed it.

I am not personal against this leaders. But think who helped anti
brahmins groups.

Please reply me if any other information. And also like to have more
discussions abt this topic. Looking for reply. Thank you

Last edited:
men originally came from africa.does it mean that all people residing in diffrent part of world should go back to africa.and even if we accept that aryans came from outside theory today all the races has intermingled.does the colour of dayanidhi maran is dravidian? these people spew venom against brahmins because they know in there heart that basicaly brahmins are a ultra liberal society in thought atleast.has any body courage to say anything against about absurd ideas of islam-its open race discrimination(totally dominance of arabic in every walk of life irrespective of country one belong to),its policy towards womens,slaves,and most importantly its attitude towards other religion.i am sure mother of karunanidhi has not given him enough milk to say anything about all these things.this is the reason behind him,a self proclaimed atheist, going to iftar parties.

hai all,
what abou is told of jayendra saraswathi should be ignoerd as there will nto tbe any thing coming out if it is not true.anyway it is personeel mattes of sir swamiji and we should ourselves not coment on those elder people if he has been given a bad name than it is his pure karma and it is nto proper to discuss those matters.our aim is to improve the standards of our losing communiy and we should be working on that rather than discussing unwanted matterrs and creating politics of our subject.
thank u

I disagee with you Mytreyi. Firstly I don't believe anyone in this forum was saying anything against Jayendra Saraswati. Secondly, I think that what he does is very much an issue of public comment because he is a public personality. There is no such thing as a topic that 'should' not be discussed. Simply because elders are older it doesn't mean that all what they do is right; conversely simply because youngsters are 'younger' it doesn't mean that all what they are saying is incorrect or wrong. A good deed or thought can come from anywhere, irrespective of age or stature. So can a bad one. We need to develop critical thinking skills for which we have to discuss what is right and wrong about every issue. Incidentally debating the right and wrong of things is very much the tradition in the Upanishads.

The whole reason swamigal got into problem is because he digressed into areas that aren't his. In a way it is befitting to him also. That's what they say, you have to be a wolf among wolves, if you are a cow and you wanna show off, you get devoured. That's what happened to him. The Periyavar (earlier swamigal) didn't get into controversies at all. He spent most of his time to spirituality and that's what the current swamigal should have done. He should have done more for charity, like the hindu mission and so on. Even if there was a need to be political due to circumstances, he should have delegated those to different people accordingly...

Srkpriv's post, at least to me, is the first one that critique's Swami Jayendrar's position. I agree that he should not have become so political and should have stayed with the primary responsibilities and concerns of the matam.

However, over the past few years I have grown to be less judgemental of people. I try to stay away from statements like, 'He deserves this because he did that.' Truth is I don't know; I don't know if anybody else knows. If this logic is true then the likes of Karunanidhi and Jayalalitha should have been 'punished' a long time ago. Jayendra Saraswati was not savvy enough for the world of politicians and he got his fingers burnt.

But I lost quite a bit of respect for him several years ago when he left the 'dhandam' at the matam and went off to North India without telling anyone. This happened even when Periyava was around.

To be honest chintana, I dont care about any swamigal for that matter... I may be an Iyengar by birth, but the moment I came to a certain age and started to see/understand things by myself, I have been a rebel in a way. I dont see myself a typical iyengar who worries about 'Theetu' and stuffs like that. To me external purity is a secondary / tertiary issue. That doesn't mean you can be unclean, dont take bath for weeks like that as long as you are reasonable in your etiquette. What I mean is I dont shower myself because some non brahmin or somebody touched me. To me the cocept of acharyas in the traditional sense have lost its whole purpose actually!. Person like Jayendrar Saraswati Swamigal (or others for that matter) will spend more time doing his rituals than actually doing something right for the people. No offence to anyone!. Its just my plain thought. If I have enough money, I would spend on these things first;

1) Establish Colleges/Schools/Primary Education Centers to teach all sections of people in regular subjects and also on virtues of hinduism (as a optional subjects ) and will provide them encouragement in terms of scholarships/subsidies to do so as well.

2) Establish medical centers to serve all sections of people as cheap as possible and connect to them spiritually and provide the necessary emotional/physical/spiritual support that is needed for the people.

3) Establish various centers to spread hinduism, teach anyone and everyone who is interested

4) Organize blood donations, health camps, anna dhanam, eye dhanam and everything to the people who are in need.

5) Create Orphanages for abandoned children, orphaned children and bring them up in the very good traditions of hinduism and at the same time provide them with contemporary education and knowledge.

6) Set up elderly homes for all the people and welcome them and provide them an environment of physical/emotional/spritual support.

7) Set up community centers for the childrens and youth to enrich their skills in tems of sports affiliated to the spiritual center there by they are brought up in good traditions and at the same time grow out to be the finest specimens of people that everybody dream of.

For eg., many people criticize Satya Sai Baba for so many things, I dont know whether it is true or false and I dont care at this point, because I know he spend so much money to establish world class health, educational facilities in Puttabarthi, that benefits the entire community in and around, that's what matters...

Previously a few centuries ago, it was very important for swamigals like Ramanujar, Raghavendrar, and so on to go to various places just by walking to promote hindu religion among masses, but now-a-days, everything and more can be done with the touch of a button, the need of the hour has changed as well, people just dont expect religious leaders to be closetted into their quarters and swears when someone touches them as 'Chandala , Thirruppi Kullikanumme da" (Gotta take bath again) and things like that are totally politically incorrect and wrong way to look at things...

Any religion/practice that doesn't change according to the situation/circumstances in terms of its practice/rituals is pretty much obsolete, not that you have to sway from the center of the message, but they way you do things as people perception changes has profound effect of how the religion/practice or the person who is professing it is viewed.

Anyway, this is just my thought..

Chintana said:
Srkpriv's post, at least to me, is the first one that critique's Swami Jayendrar's position. I agree that he should not have become so political and should have stayed with the primary responsibilities and concerns of the matam.

However, over the past few years I have grown to be less judgemental of people. I try to stay away from statements like, 'He deserves this because he did that.' Truth is I don't know; I don't know if anybody else knows. If this logic is true then the likes of Karunanidhi and Jayalalitha should have been 'punished' a long time ago. Jayendra Saraswati was not savvy enough for the world of politicians and he got his fingers burnt.

But I lost quite a bit of respect for him several years ago when he left the 'dhandam' at the matam and went off to North India without telling anyone. This happened even when Periyava was around.

Let us not worry too much about Jayendra Sarawathy Swamigal as the sufferings he has undergone is as per Law of Karma, which is the essence of Hinduism. No body can escape from that and that is what the Life of Rama or Krishna or Sita tells us. This is applicable to any human being and if brahmins as a community is suffering, that might also be due to Karma. Having said that, I did'nt mean what we should sit and worry about the condition. I feel most of our talks to be constructive and discuss what should be done to over come the hurdles.

hai all,
i really appretiate th thoughts that our friends have carried thru out the discussion.it is gd to notice that there are still good souls around in helping and bringing the community to somewhat better level.as per the thoughts go it seems likelotf financial help will be needed.how are we goint o account for this majaor part and who is goint to be responsible and when will this union start of its work.first we need to take census of how many brahmins for the moment let us count in only tamil brahmins will need support?and how do we contact them and how do we ask them if they need favour ?what do we do?
thank u

Hi all,
Thanks to mythreyi for her advice how we are going to do this job? it will be a task that has to do with major advice with some experince people. Hope we will find a good ones. As per other things i like to tell mythreyi abt the census issue.

Let me tell u mythreyi as i am tamil brahmin working in bangalore but i also meet brahmins from kannada, telugu brahmins livining in tamil nadu also come to work in bangalore.

If we count them also in census in our state our community will be more than 7% in T.N(But govt says only 3%).

So please do take all the census count(tamil,telugu,kannada,kerala) in our community so that again the division will not be there.

Thank you

hai mukesh,
what i thought of was if start of with small group of people then things will move faster than and easier at this moment.oncew the union catches up then we can expand our horizon to other sector as well.
anyway it was juz a thought!well am not much experienced to give advices.
thnk u

When I said that Srkpriv's was the first critique of Swami Jayendra I was directly responding to Mytreyi's point that we 'should not talk about elders that way' point. It was merely an observation. The word critique here does not have negative connotation. Sorry I touched off a defensive note in you Srkpriv. Not my intention.

As to Mukesh's constant call for action as I have asserted in my other posts as well it is a creditable rally cry. But I don't think that that is the only 'constructive' thing. Discussing, clarifying ideas, etc are equally important because they help build conviction. They help build inclusion. So while the action plan should take place the forum members should feel free to discuss purely conceptual issues that may or may not have anything to do with actions. With most members of the community taking up technical education such as engineering and medicine we lack precious critical thinking skills that are the domain of lawyers and other professions that are built on ability to debate or otherwise think through issues carefully. And this is very much a social problem that requires people with those kinds of soft but strong skills. So let not anyone in this forum undermine the value of pure thought level exchanges that apparently lead nowhere.

Hi Chintana - I truly appreciate the value of any thought full exchanges. But, some of the topics or discussions has a tendency to divert us from the actual issue and hence a word of caution. This forum is different in a way that unlike other forums/ blos which are just meant for just sharing thougths/feeling, we wanted to achieve more out this. I also agree with you that we expand our reach to other domain people who interact with people on regular basis.

hi mukesh ji karma is nothing else other than our own actions.
Also about Jayandrar i disagree with SRKpriv kanchi trust has done few things like hindu mission hospital,sankara schools, even sankar netralaya is a brain child of maha swamigal.Although they could do more given the huge funds they posses.
Also few words about Sai baba sorry if hurt any one feelings we saw here in canada a shocking documentary on him which has autheticated about some
activiity bordring a pedophile(child molestation).It was taken by BBC and televised on local CBC and it is absoultely shocking indeed although i am not sai baba devotee.More over for people who visit putapathy its like a retreat why cant they go to outbacks and do some service rather than speding days on retreat in putapathi.

Thanks for your response Mukesh. For those of us who are interested in action, yes we must pursue that course. For those of us who don't express that intent or ability they should feel free to discuss what they feel like. Eventually if they feel like they can take responsibility for something and go ahead and do it. That would be great. Each of us come with different skill sets. Every little, teeny-weeny bit counts.

All of the exchanges here are heart-felt. I usually take exceptions to those who are casual and don't want to do anything or express indifference otherwise. Participation, any form of participation, is welcome. And some conversations will take a diversion. Yes. That is the nature of communication and that is the nature of conversations. And that is completely ok. One can't arrest discussions in the forum to call attention to action. If you are interested solely in action I am sure there are those that would agree and respond to appropriate threads. This thread is about Character assassination and every member who participated did a good job sticking to the topic. All of the exchanges have been meaningful, thoughtful and I think led to a lot of clarificiation of ideas, venting, new information and in general good view points. I would feel terribly uncomfortable if anyone legislated on something like that.

mukesh said:
Hi Chintana - I truly appreciate the value of any thought full exchanges. But, some of the topics or discussions has a tendency to divert us from the actual issue and hence a word of caution. This forum is different in a way that unlike other forums/ blos which are just meant for just sharing thougths/feeling, we wanted to achieve more out this. I also agree with you that we expand our reach to other domain people who interact with people on regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back