• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dream leads to discovery of cave temple in Assam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreams sometimes do not become false. This is an incident which actually took place.
The Son had a dream about his Father getting hurt while working on a Machine. The boy further
noticed in the dream that as if his father is getting injured and blood pouring out of the eye.
On noticing the dream, the boy immediately rang up to his Father to find out his welfare
without informing the incident. When the boy rang up, his father was working in the Workshop
on a drilling machine with a Circular saw fitted on to it. He told his father to be cautious
and told him to wear safety glasses. The same night, Dad rang up to the boy and to told
him that a piece of wood or metal had flown off of the saw right at his eye and shattered
the safety glasses. Father explained to him that he escaped narrowly and it was a miraculous
escape that his eye was somehow unaffected and thanked the boy for cautioning him.
So, we cannot neglect the dream always.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dreams sometimes do not become false. This is an incident which actually took place.
The Son had a dream about his Father getting hurt while working on a Machine. The boy further
noticed in the dream that as if his father is getting injured and blood pouring out of the eye.
On noticing the dream, the boy immediately rang up to his Father to find out his welfare
without informing the incident. When the boy rang up, his father was working in the Workshop
on a drilling machine with a Circular saw fitted on to it. He told his father to be cautious
and told him to wear safety glasses. The same night, Dad rang up to the boy and to told
him that a piece of wood or metal had flown off of the saw right at his eye and shattered
the safety glasses. Father explained to him that he escaped narrowly and it was a miraculous
escape that his eye was somehow unaffected and thanked the boy for cautioning him.
So, we cannot neglect the dream always.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear sir,

You are right..when I was a child aged 8, I developed some allergic cough which would not go away.

One night my mum had a dream of her father thats my grandfather(he had passed away when she was a teen) and he told her in the dream "renu is allergic to her blanket material..change the blanket and she will be fine"
and sure enough I was fine after my blanket was replaced.

So dreams do have meaning.

Last edited:
Smt Renukaji - I am not trying to contradict you. The idea was perhaps in your mom's sub-conscious mind and surfaced with the thought of her father. Anyway that is spell of luck only.

Smt Renukaji - I am not trying to contradict you. The idea was perhaps in your mom's sub-conscious mind and surfaced with the thought of her father. Anyway that is spell of luck only.

Ok what about this..a doc who gets a dream of a person at an accident scene ( person he/she has never seen before) and the next day its the same person with the same injuries who shows up dead in the mortuary .....this has countless times to us doctors.
How do you account for this..when we didnt even know who the person is or when the accident occurred or what were the injuries?

Many of us doctors also when we are off duty or on leave for few days..have got dreams of patients in the ward telling us "good bye and thank you" and when we come back to the hospital we get to know that the patient had passed away that very night the dream occurred.

Dreams are sometimes hard to say..but I feel our mind esp the subconscious mind is like a broadband that picks up all the thought waves of others when in a dream state..and if a person is receptive he/she picks up info.

Sometimes feelings noticed or witnessed in Dreams help to deal with many factors
and other complex emotions. Fear and and anxiety are the most commonly
noticed or witnessed emotions in dreams either followed by depression and anger.
Sometimes, it develops the factors viz. Self-doubt and feelings of incompetence,
anxiety in some affairs, confusion, Despair, Distress, Embarrassment, Emotionless,
Envy, Frustration, Guilt, Jealousy, etc.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

I thought ESP exhibits itself when a person is active. But going by posts 2 & 3 above, it appears that ESP can intrude dreams too.

We can notice people discussing some interesting subjects. When they depart
they may be thinking about the same things and the pros and cons, which they
discussed when they go to sleep and sometimes they come to know more about
that in their dream when they wake up next morning.

These are the dreams which the dreamer meets another dreamer in the dream
and then calls another dreamer once he awakens to actually find out that the
dreamer dreamed about the first dreamer was in his dream and that both the
dreamers dreamed about the same dream, which they discussed previous evening
about the result and coherence of the dream.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

The instances could be real or just coincidence. Maybe Smt Renukaji has some extra-ordinary intutive power or ESP or very good understanding of the prognosis of diseases. A sound sleep is the one without dreams. If a person himself is a complex, or has bad digestive system or tired to the bone, then he gets dreams. According to astrology during certain periods dreams come. All dreams do not become real. I think the study of dreams is very complex.

The instances could be real or just coincidence. Maybe Smt Renukaji has some extra-ordinary intutive power or ESP or very good understanding of the prognosis of diseases. A sound sleep is the one without dreams. If a person himself is a complex, or has bad digestive system or tired to the bone, then he gets dreams. According to astrology during certain periods dreams come. All dreams do not become real. I think the study of dreams is very complex.

Dear sir,

Sleep has 2 stages that is REM sleep where dreams take place and Non REM sleep(deep sleep) where there are no dreams.
Each an everyone of us go through each stage every night but not everyone remembers dreams.

Even religious philosophy matches this with the Svapna and Sushupti stages of sleep.

Sir..dreams can be complex or even meaningless or even sometimes explains our subconscious state of mind.

Dara Shiko who was the son of Shah Jahan and the brother of Aurangazeb, wrote a book called
Majma-ul Bahrain (‘The Mingling of the Two Oceans’).
In this book, Dara Shikon writes:
"... once two saintly persons appeared in my dreams; one of whom was tall, whose hair was gray,
the other short and without any hair. The former was Vasishta and the latter Ram Chandra, and
as I had read the translation (of Yoga Vasishta) ..., I was naturally attracted to them and paid them
my respects. Vasisht was very kind to me and patted me on the back, and, addressing Ram Chandra,
told him that I was brother to him because both he and I were seekers after truth. He asked Ram Chandra
to embrace me, which he did in exuberance of love. Thereupon, Vasishta gave some sweets to
Ram Chandra, which I also took and ate. After this vision, a desire to cause the translation of the
book intensified in me."

What kind of dream did he have?

P.S. He was killed by his brother Aurangazeb for writings like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back