• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Maalai Maattu Tiruppathikam of Thirujnaanasambandar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came across this Thiruppathikam.
A song by Tirujnanasambandar in which the text is organised in the ‘palindrome’ form, that is, each stanza, when read from beginning to end or in the reverse order, reads identically. The text is presented in Tamiz and in Roman scripts with meanings both in Tamiz and English. There is some problem in uploading the file. So I give the first stanza at present.The complete file I shall upload later.
யாமாமாநீ யாமாமா யாழீகாமா காணாகா
காணாகாமா காழீயா மாமாயாநீமாமாயா

Last edited:
A beautiful find and a fantastic piece of Tamil poems. I have a doubt:

In the 8th couplet,

நேணவராவிழ யாசைழியே வேகதளேரிய ளாயுழிகா
காழியுளாயரி ளேதகவே யேழிசையாழவி ராவணனே

the first letter and the last letter does not match - Is this a typographical error or a poetic license.

KaalamEga Pulavar is another great Tamil poet - His expertise is in venpA and his word play is impressive.

Kalamega Pulavar Paadalgal

68, 69, 74, 75 171 poems are very nice.

The reason may be because the pronunciation of ந and ன are the same and the general rule is that ன should not be

used
in the beginning of a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back