• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can any one guide me

Status
Not open for further replies.
bhoo-pradakshinam (BP for short) is not considered to be literal, imho. People do circumambulate certain revered holy spots (like Goverdhan in Mathura, UP, the Thiruvannamalai hills, etc.) and consider that it is equivalent to BP. afaik, there are no vaidiki formality attached to giripradakshina in goverdhan but I don't know about Thiruvannamalai. You may google for some priest and contact him. Take care that you are not fleeced.

According to oue traditional Hindu belief system mother earth is the embodiment of patience and kindness and She is easily pleased if anyone so much as recites the following slokam every day before placing one's feet on earth (i.e., while sitting on the bed):

समुद्रवसने देवि पर्वतस्तनमण्डले ।
विष्णुपत्नि नमस्तुभ्यं पादस्पर्शं क्षमस्व मे ॥

samudravasane devi parvatastanamaṇḍale |
viṣṇupatni namastubhyaṃ pādasparśaṃ kṣamasva me ||

In addition one can recite bhoo-sooktam daily. The task of making one complete pradakshinam of the earth itself is probably possible by air travel but it should be continuous, No halts for few days here and there.

Thanks for Replying me !!!

Thanks for your pleasure reply...
my doubt was in Boo Pradhakshinam... not in Giri Pradhakshinam...
more over... Boo Pradhakshinam is not meant by that we need to go around the whole earth...
for my knowledge i heard about that it is.. we should start the Boo Pradhakshinam from Kumbeswarar Temple (Kumbakonam) and it should end @ Same Place.... but i need to know more on this.... so that i posted here... and once again a special thanks for your reply.....

bhoo-pradakshinam (BP for short) is not considered to be literal, imho. People do circumambulate certain revered holy spots (like Goverdhan in Mathura, UP, the Thiruvannamalai hills, etc.) and consider that it is equivalent to BP. afaik, there are no vaidiki formality attached to giripradakshina in goverdhan but I don't know about Thiruvannamalai. You may google for some priest and contact him. Take care that you are not fleeced.

According to oue traditional Hindu belief system mother earth is the embodiment of patience and kindness and She is easily pleased if anyone so much as recites the following slokam every day before placing one's feet on earth (i.e., while sitting on the bed):

समुद्रवसने देवि पर्वतस्तनमण्डले ।
विष्णुपत्नि नमस्तुभ्यं पादस्पर्शं क्षमस्व मे ॥

samudravasane devi parvatastanamaṇḍale |
viṣṇupatni namastubhyaṃ pādasparśaṃ kṣamasva me ||

In addition one can recite bhoo-sooktam daily. The task of making one complete pradakshinam of the earth itself is probably possible by air travel but it should be continuous, No halts for few days here and there.

I have heard about the above concept. Normally, we see pilgrims walk up
the hills to fulfill their vows in places like Palani, Tirupathi, etc. Similarly,
people do Angapradakshinam, i.e. lie prostrate and then roll around the
temple chanting the Lords name. In some temple they ground inside covering
sanctum, known as Vimana Pradakshinam. Scientifically, when you go round
a temple, i.e. doing a Pradakshinam has a scientific significance. It refreshes
our major five organs such as Smell, Hear, Sight, Touch and Taste. For e.g.
When you go inside the Temple i.e. sanctum, you smell fragrance of different kinds
of flowers, Agarbathis, etc. (Nose), We hear the sound of the Bell Temple (Ear),
We see the Deepa Aradhanai or Camphor Aradhanai (Eye), When we offer Archana to
God, the Priest brings forward the Plate of the material being offered to God (Sensation),
at the end after the Pradakshinam, you get the eatables offered to the God (Tongue).
Therefore temple visit has lot of significance.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back