• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Must Brahmins Apologize?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maruti

Must they apologize and reach out to dalits? Maybe, this will set things right, and get dalits on their side. And without dalit resentment, there's no dalit politics, which will kinda take the heat off the Brahmin. This is what my friend thinks.

I have mixed feelings about this. What do others think? Please try to avoid personal attacks whilst posting your views.

Setting the cat among the pigeons ?

You have touched upon an extremely complex issue - must the twice born apologize to dalits for past acts of omission and commission ?

I understand German Govt. has formally apologized to Jews for atrocities committed against Jews during 2 Nd WW. However, I do not have any more details.

Also, it is said that US apologized to Japanese for atom-bombing them and killing millions.

Nowadays, it is said that the whites in US are extremely polite while dealing with blacks to atone for their past sins against blacks (slave labour etc.). [Era of political correctness ?]

Any more thoughts on this issue by the honorable members of this forum ?

NB:- BAAM, tumi kothai? Tumi eita upare kichu bolbe na? (BAAM, where are you? Won't you say anything on this?)

Must they apologize and reach out to dalits? Maybe, this will set things right, and get dalits on their side. And without dalit resentment, there's no dalit politics, which will kinda take the heat off the Brahmin. This is what my friend thinks.

I have mixed feelings about this. What do others think? Please try to avoid personal attacks whilst posting your views.

Last edited by a moderator:
many others have to apologize

Nowadays apologizing and asking for apologies has become a fashion statement. It does not serve any purpose except get some cheap publicity.
The important thing is not to commit harmful deeds in the present and future.

Anyway if some one needs to apologize then it should be as follows:

BCs/OBCs/MBCs/ need to apologize to dalits for killing them, raping their women even to this date.
BC s should stop killing and raping dalits first.

Brahmins on the other hand were and are always kind and helpful towards all including dalits.
Check how a brahmin teacher treated ambedkar very knidly in the school and that Bhimarao made his surname same as the teacher's surname.

http://www.buddhiwadi.org/Dr.ambedkar.htm
Bhimrao started his school education in 1900 in the Government High School, Satara. At that time, his name in the school was Bhiva Ramji Ambavadekar. One Brahmin teacher named Ambedkar in the Satara High School loved Bhimrao very much. As a mark of love and respect for him, Bhimrao started calling himself "Ambedkar". Throughout his life, he remained grateful to the teacher who treated him kindly during his school days.

This has been happening for centuries. Even the current president Abdul Kalam fondly remmebrs the help given by brahmin teachers , classmate and brahmin father of his classmate, colleagues etc in his autobiography as having helped him to getset on his path to glory.

This is happening even now. See the interview of Dr.Krishnamurthy in rediff.
Dr.Krishnamurthy is a leading dalit politician. See what he has to say about brahmins at : http://www.rediff.com/news/1998/nov/10krish.htm?zcc=rl
He says:
"In fact, our headmaster, a brahmin, was the one who encouraged me and helped me all the time. He was responsible for shaping my character by formally supporting me. See, when the brahmin upper caste showed affection, the backward upper caste showed aversion to me."

So there is no need fror brahmins to apologize to dalits. It is only the BCs who have to do that.

Politicians of today should apologise to brahmins for oppressing them without any reason thro reservation and other oppressive apartheid policies even to this date. They need to stop that first.

Those people who attacked innocent brahmins savagely in TN a few months back have to apologize first. They need to promise not to do that .

The creamy layer(kirumi layer) within the reserved categories must apologize to the rest of the reserved category and the economically backward in the other castes and the whole society for abusing the reservation policy and thereby committing crimes against humanity.
They must stop doing this.

user vidahdukaruppu has to apologize for posting hateful and incendiary messages on our peaceful community portal.
He or she has to apologize for biased views and unsupported allegations.
He/She has to stop doing such things in future.
( Update: I gave a fitting reply to this perosn's spam threads . Later, it looks like that the threads have been removed.).

The govt can apologize to dalits . The govt anyway is not in the hands of brahmins.

If anything, the central and state govts and political parties should apologize to us for using concocted history to justify its oppression against its own citizens -- us.

I am not apologizing to anyone as I have not done anyting wrong to anyone. I don't need any cheap publicity either.

Last edited:
Apologizing doesn't do anyone any good. if you want to apologize--the best way is through directly supporting the underprivilaged sections of our society through money and more importantly through mentoring.

Learn from North Indian Brahmins

I think all these talks of atrocities by Brahmins to Dalits are false and is the result of Propaganda of the Christians. Brahmins always have been very kind, gentle and always take the causes for common people. At the same time they have raises the issues of any wrong practices by Brahmins for example Swami Dayanand Saraswati started Arya Samaj in North India.
Nowadays, OBCs are ruling all over India.
Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh - Shivraj Singh Chauhan (OBC)
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh - YSR Reddy (OBC christian)
Chief Minister of Maharastra - Vilas Rao Deshmukh (OBC)
Chief Minister of Gujrat - Narendra Modi (OBC)
Chief Minister of Punjab - Prakash Singh Badal (OBC)
Chief Minister of Haryana - BS Hooda (OBC)
Former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh - Mulayam Singh Yadav (OBC)
Chief Minister of Bihar - Nitish Kumar (OBC)
Former Chief Minister of Bihar - Lalu Prasad Yadav (OBC)
And the list go on and on

OBC, so called secular media, Christians, muslims all of them are playing politics and marginalising Brahmins so we should unite and defeat them in their own game
Personally, I have started a magazine and NGO for Dalits. And gained respect from hundreds of dalits now I as a Brahmin is not alone we are a power. The equation is like this Dalits + Brahmins + many castes harassed OR irritated by OBC = POWER Politically or socially. We can fight back.
I am a north Indian Brahmin See what we Brahmins have done in Uttar Pradesh etc. we made a block jointly with Baniyas (Vaishyas or trades) and become a major vote bank no one can ignore us. Even Dalit leader like Mayawati have to beg in front of us for vote and we have successfully uprooted a OBC chief minister mulayam singh. In south no one cares for Brahmins but in north no one can gain Power WITHOUT US.

Brahmin Have the Brain others are air head beastly bodies

See what we Brahmins have done in Uttar Pradesh etc. we made a block jointly with Baniyas (Vaishyas or trades) and become a major vote bank no one can ignore us. Even Dalit leader like Mayawati have to beg in front of us for vote and we have successfully uprooted a OBC chief minister mulayam singh. In south no one cares for Brahmins but in north no one can gain Power WITHOUT US.
What we Brahmins have gain from the experiment with Mayawati?
1.) Dalits and other respects us more. No one can say that Brahmins discriminates.
2.) We have shown whole world power even foreign media like forbes praises us.
3.) Nowadays, no one in UP can dare to harm or disrespect a Brahmin.
4.) Govt. have provided us 10% reservations.
5.) New employment and loan schemes have been launched.
6.) Parashuram Jayanti is a public holiday.
7.) Police and administration and leaders listens to us.
8.) We lead dalits and dominate UP, we are not subordinate.
9.) Mayawati made dalits sits on floor but we sits on chairs in her rallies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back