• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Cruelty to animals in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends:
I am a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), a US organization which has been doing a wonderful service for the cause of animals.
Yesterday I was sent this URL

http://www.petaindia.com/feat/f-leathertrade.asp
Warning! grotesque pictures

and when I read it, I was shocked, outraged and saddened. I cannot believe it; India is worse than even USA when it comes to treatment of animals.

I have already sent emails to all the people in the article. Please write to them. We must stop this cruelty to the poor animals.
Thank you

Dear Friends:
I am a member of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), a US organization which has been doing a wonderful service for the cause of animals.
Yesterday I was sent this URL

http://www.petaindia.com/feat/f-leathertrade.asp
Warning! grotesque pictures

and when I read it, I was shocked, outraged and saddened. I cannot believe it; India is worse than even USA when it comes to treatment of animals.

I have already sent emails to all the people in the article. Please write to them. We must stop this cruelty to the poor animals.
Thank you

sir - yes- and this cruelty takes place even though indian constitution and law ban this. many non bramin people & anti bramin politicians in india think that it is their right to kill,torture animals. i remember reading mahatma gandhi saying 'a country's civility can be measured by the way it treats it animals.' by this logic, india is perhaps most barbaric country in the world!!! (BUT YOUR URL IS NOT WORKING!)

India has opposite trend to West

When most of the western world is becoming vegetarian and many western media people, film stars, etc. are advocating vegetarian diet, we Indians are more and more taking to meat diet.

Having lived in the west, I can tell you I've seen more Indians eat meat then western people eat meat. Even the President of the US avoids all meat except fish only twice a week. In India, I know people when not a day passes that they don't have atleast one serving of Chicken. Heart disease is increasing in India. People are advocating meat diet and daily chicken.

When most of the western world is becoming vegetarian and many western media people, film stars, etc. are advocating vegetarian diet, we Indians are more and more taking to meat diet.

From "Vatha Kozhambu" we are moving towards "Setha Kozhambu". The number of restaurants which serve non-vegetarian is also increasing. I guess we Indians are eating our way to disaster.

Bharathiyaar sang - "Nirpadhuve, Nadappadhuve, Parappadhuve...." in praise of nature.

We are paying homage to him by eating everything which is standing, walking or flying....

From "Vatha Kozhambu" we are moving towards "Setha Kozhambu". The number of restaurants which serve non-vegetarian is also increasing. I guess we Indians are eating our way to disaster.

Bharathiyaar sang - "Nirpadhuve, Nadappadhuve, Parappadhuve...." in praise of nature.

We are paying homage to him by eating everything which is standing, walking or flying....

LOL!!!!:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

hi hi hi

pogara pokkai paatha, namma aalunga indiana jones padathua vara mathiri, odara paamba kooda saapduvaanga.

if you dont mind... are you always humorous like this? I basically get tensed very often :)

LOL!!!!:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

SIR - i think a non veggie is a person who consumes animal flesh after the animal dies. but those who murder animals and consume their flesh are not non veggies, they are CANNIBALS! because any person who kills a living creature and consumes it is a cannibal! calling present day meat eaters as non veggies gives them the respect they do not deserve. they are not non veggies,they are cannibals!!!

that apart at the rate these cannibals are gobbling up animals, the day may not be far off when there would not be even a single animal in this planet!- except man ofcourse, who is also an animal!!!

Interesting

that apart at the rate these cannibals are gobbling up animals, the day may not be far off when there would not be even a single animal in this planet!- except man ofcourse, who is also an animal!!!

It is interesting you mention this. In fact, the estimate is that it takes 30 kg of grain to fatten a small pig for slaughter. Vast amounts of pastureland are used for grazing animals, and also vast amounts of fertile land are used for growing corn and other cattlefeed.

A pig might feed a family of four for 2 days, but 30 kgs of grain can feed the same family of four for an entire month. Also, environmental toxins appear in increasing concentrations higher up the food chain. If the entire world were to switch to a vegetarian diet, oceans will be full of life, much less farmland would have to be irrigated, reducing the pressure on fresh water (70% of fresh water is used for agriculture), environmental toxins would be reduced because of reduced usage of pesticides, and food will become even cheaper, safer and plentiful on the world market. The health benefits of a vegetarian diet are becoming clearer to more and more doctors worldwide.

I will post references to each of the above as soon as I get enough time, but a vegetarian diet is humane, environment friendly, and also healthy overall.

If everyone in the entire world however were to consume meat like the average American, it can end up becoming an ecological disaster for the world.

Dear friends:
I hope you have translated your anger and disgust at the horrible treatment of animals by writing to the Leather Institute, the Prime Minister and the other junior Minister (i forget his name). The emails are given in that article.

URL: http://www.petaindia.com/feat/f-leathertrade.asp

sir - yes. i have sent small request message to commerce minister & the concerned official. but the email to the prime minister is not returning undelivered!!

It is interesting you mention this. In fact, the estimate is that it takes 30 kg of grain to fatten a small pig for slaughter. Vast amounts of pastureland are used for grazing animals, and also vast amounts of fertile land are used for growing corn and other cattlefeed.

A pig might feed a family of four for 2 days, but 30 kgs of grain can feed the same family of four for an entire month. Also, environmental toxins appear in increasing concentrations higher up the food chain. If the entire world were to switch to a vegetarian diet, oceans will be full of life, much less farmland would have to be irrigated, reducing the pressure on fresh water (70% of fresh water is used for agriculture), environmental toxins would be reduced because of reduced usage of pesticides, and food will become even cheaper, safer and plentiful on the world market. The health benefits of a vegetarian diet are becoming clearer to more and more doctors worldwide.

I will post references to each of the above as soon as I get enough time, but a vegetarian diet is humane, environment friendly, and also healthy overall.

If everyone in the entire world however were to consume meat like the average American, it can end up becoming an ecological disaster for the world.

sir - that is an interesting observation. but will 'rationalists' agree or listen?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back