• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How do they build Temple in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

In modern days how do they build temples.
My question is from the perspective of finances.
We have participated in building Temples in various parts of the world from grounds up.
I am curious as to how others build temples.
I am familiar with Rajas, Birlas building with their personal wealth, but community temples area different proposition,

From deciding the location, raising funds, and then maintain the temple must be a challenge. I would like to hear the experiences of members here.

Last edited:
Ours is a land of mineral ores - gold, diamonds etc., spices, cotton and produces. Greek Herodotus has accounts of gold mining in India. [ those kings abounding in golden jewellery, nine gems etc..]. Ramayana has mention of VimAnAs and golden palaces. We might had great skills in art/architecture. Such wealth would have been passed across generations. Our silk/spices must have been very famous, the Europe/Arabs would have lost their wealth to our kings, which inturn might have made them invade us and loot us. [Are you aware of granite scam in Bangalore ;)]

Our own varna system must have been very helpful in achieving prosperity in varied ways. Agamas, vAstu shAstra must have been the work of Intellects Vastu Shastra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. They must have known metrics, geometry, physics and basic chemistry, mining to consruct temples. So, kings would have financed the adventure from procurement to accomplishing the task.

Not only that, Temples must have been best invention, to gather all people of all classes and discuss and share the progress of Kingdoms. Temples were the store houses of Kings' wealth, the place of origin of art/culture. Those kings were pretty dharmic and felt self-elated in the prosperity and the joy of all. Also, over time donating to temples and becoming trustees were viewed as Image-boosters, which in one way helpful to keep the society poverty-free.

Last edited:
Ours is a land of mineral ores - gold, diamonds etc., spices, cotton and produces. Our own varna system was very helpful in achieving prosperity in varied ways. Greek Herodotus has accounts of gold mining in India. [ those kings abounding in golden jewellery, nine gems etc..]. Ramayana has mention of VimAnAs and golden palaces. We might had great skills in art/architecture. Such wealth would have been passed across generations. Our silk/spices must have been very famous, the Europe/Arabs would have lost their wealth to our kings, which inturn might have made them invade us and loot us. [Are you aware of granite scam in Bangalore ;)]

Not only that, Temples must have been best invention, to gather all people of all classes and discuss and share the progress of Kingdoms. Temples were the store houses of Kings' wealth, the place of origin of art/culture. Those kings were pretty dharmic and felt self-elated in the prosperity and the joy of all. Also, over time donating to temples and becoming trustees were viewed as Image-boosters, which in one way helpful to keep the society poverty-free.

Sorry I should have said in modern days.

hi prasad
i have some knowledge abt modern days temples in india......birlas constructed many temples in north india as charity....

BAPS constructed many swami narayan temples in delhi /other parts of india.......called AKSHAR DHAM.........

ISCKON constructed many sri krishna temples through out india....called HARE KRISHNA TEMPLES......

many small communities constructed small temples.....some godman/godwomen constructed many temples in south india....

like MAA AMRITHANDAMAYI.....VELLORE GOLDEN TEMPLE.....like wise....some industial group constructed many temples in tamil nadu...

like nava thirupati in thrunelveli contributed by TVS GROUP....SOME TEMPLES IN COIMBATORE/THIRUPUR AREA TOO BY THE LOCAL

INDUSTTRIALISTS.....many temples in UK/USA/AUSTRALIA/CANADA are by the local indian/sri lankan communities...

regards
tbs

We have a Team of Silphis to build Temples at various places.

We Constructed Veer Anjayaneya Swamy Temple at Martha Halli in Bangalore and Its Kumbhabhishegam was celebrated last year ( 22.11.2010).

Now we have Started Kasi Viswanatha Swamy Temple in Kaadugodi (near White Field / Bangalore) and it is now in Process.

Aagama Vidhi will be Finalized by Sthapathys depending on the Birth Star of The Diaty.

The Garbha Graha of Shiva Temples will be only in Square Form.In case of Vishnu Temples it can be in Square as well as Rectangle form.

Normally all temples are designed as Garbha Graha,Anthralaya,Artha Mandapa, Maha Mandapa,Alankara Mandapa ( 16 kaal Mandapam ) and so on..

The varis (One full circle of Stones) are 1) Chitra Vaanam,2)Padma Jegathi,3)Kanda Vaari,4)Kabhotha Pattial,5) Kuthu Jegathi,6) Kumutha Vari, 7)Kandam and Pattial,8)Vedia Pattial,9,10,11) Kaal vari,12)Uthiram, 13) Kobhotham and 14)Viyalan are the 14 varis for Temples.

If you are more Interested you can come in person to White Field Bangalore and see all the Stones in Live.

You are most welcome if you are really interested.Not only You all are invited.

Any body Interested may reach me in my mobile 99521-63523.

We have a Team of Silphis to build Temples at various places.

We Constructed Veer Anjayaneya Swamy Temple at Martha Halli in Bangalore and Its Kumbhabhishegam was celebrated last year ( 22.11.2010).

Now we have Started Kasi Viswanatha Swamy Temple in Kaadugodi (near White Field / Bangalore) and it is now in Process.

Aagama Vidhi will be Finalized by Sthapathys depending on the Birth Star of The Diaty.

The Garbha Graha of Shiva Temples will be only in Square Form.In case of Vishnu Temples it can be in Square as well as Rectangle form.

Normally all temples are designed as Garbha Graha,Anthralaya,Artha Mandapa, Maha Mandapa,Alankara Mandapa ( 16 kaal Mandapam ) and so on..

The varis (One full circle of Stones) are 1) Chitra Vaanam,2)Padma Jegathi,3)Kanda Vaari,4)Kabhotha Pattial,5) Kuthu Jegathi,6) Kumutha Vari, 7)Kandam and Pattial,8)Vedia Pattial,9,10,11) Kaal vari,12)Uthiram, 13) Kobhotham and 14)Viyalan are the 14 varis for Temples.

If you are more Interested you can come in person to White Field Bangalore and see all the Stones in Live.

You are most welcome if you are really interested.Not only You all are invited.

Any body Interested may reach me in my mobile 99521-63523.

Thanks for the post.
We have just finished the project costing $5,000,000.00. I was wondering about financing a community temple building project.

Hindus are majority in India and Nepal.So uniting all the Hindus and Devotees may not be a Problem for Financial Assistances.

Little Drops makes a Huge Flood.Like the same way These Collected funds are utilized for Temple Construction.This is the happening everywhere,except in case of Individuals who contribute the construction jast as described by other friends here.

Above all I admit.... Collecting Funds is really a Tough Job.

We are now making Pancha loga Vigrahas (Kothanda Ramar Set ) in 400 kgs from an individual contribution.

We are having Labors for all temple related works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back