• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Iyers and Vaisnav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinduism had a Split during 8th Century and Shivaits and Vaishnavaits.

This split prevailed up to 11th Century till the Existence of Shri Ramanuja Acharya who named themselves as Vaishnavaits.

But later on Both So called Shivaits and Vaishnavaits re united together and United in one Umberla ,Called Hinduism.Even This split existed in South India.

Then after almost all the kings who ruled South India involved in Uniting Hinduism.

So no split and no contradictions.

I remember one of uncle used to wear Namam & tilak, all brothers in my family have vaishnav names, and our kula daiveta is Balajee yet we are iyers and not Iyyangars. It seems like contradictions. Can someone explain the practice.

In Srivaikuntam, Tirunelveli District, there were many smartha iyer families the members of which used to wear tirumann, tilak or naamam. I was told long ago during the 1960's by one such iyer that this was a xlever step adopted by his forefathers so that they could not be differentiated from iyengars who were dominant in those areas once upon a time.

May be that your family (forefathers) also had adopted the practices in some such circumstances.

iyers vaisnavas

Hinduism had a Split during 8th Century and Shivaits and Vaishnavaits.

This split prevailed up to 11th Century till the Existence of Shri Ramanuja Acharya who named themselves as Vaishnavaits.

But later on Both So called Shivaits and Vaishnavaits re united together and United in one Umberla ,Called Hinduism.Even This split existed in South India.

Then after almost all the kings who ruled South India involved in Uniting Hinduism.

So no split and no contradictions.

<removed> You do not understand the problem so please do answer the problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Forum members

You are a very foolish person or an idealist.

I think that the usage of 'you are a very foolish person' against any member to be very rude. I strongly object to it and request the moderator to kindly have it deleted. Thanks!

Kind regards

I remember one of uncle used to wear Namam & tilak, all brothers in my family have vaishnav names, and our kula daiveta is Balajee yet we are iyers and not Iyyangars. It seems like contradictions. Can someone explain the practice.
hi raj
we are iyers.....we wear namam too.....we are all vaishnav names....i heard 2 agraharams used to have iyers with namams....

they are called KEETHU NAMAKARA,,,,,we belong to vadama iyers with balaji kula vsivam too...one is in thirunellai in palakkad

and the other agraharam is in singanallur near coimbatore......still we are iyers....we follow mainly vaishnav systems...

regards
tbs

You are a very foolish person or an idealist. You do not understand the problem so please do answer the problem

Mr.Rajprasad,

You seem to be a highly intelectual person. Do you have any clue of yourself to answer the problem, something from your side, when you find a very challenging problem in the subject matter of your thread?

Iyers and vaishnav

hi raj
we are iyers.....we wear namam too.....we are all vaishnav names....i heard 2 agraharams used to have iyers with namams....

they are called KEETHU NAMAKARA,,,,,we belong to vadama iyers with balaji kula vsivam too...one is in thirunellai in palakkad

and the other agraharam is in singanallur near coimbatore......still we are iyers....we follow mainly vaishnav systems...

regards
tbs

This is good information. We too belong to Vadama but we are from Tanjore district.

I am sorry if the sentiment of any one is hurt.
When a discussion to determine the solution for a problem in quantum physics is taking place a solution that there is no problem and we should all go for lunch break is foolish. It is a statement of fact and is not disparaging the person.

I think that the usage of 'you are a very foolish person' against any member to be very rude. I strongly object to it and request the moderator to kindly have it deleted. Thanks!

Thank You Valli... He is proving his Capacity of Brain.

Brahmins are just 2 to 3 % of The Total Population.In that too we are Divided in to many subdivisions like Iyers and Iyengar.

If we take Iyers there many sub classifications like Vadama,Vathima, Brahacharanam,Ashtasastra, Mukkaniyas and so on....

If we take Iyengars they are also divided in to 2 groupings like Vadakalai and Tenkalai.

The Total of All these above Classifications and sub Classifications forms only 2 to 3 % of the Total Population.

As regards Kula Deivams Iyers have many Vaishnava Deities like Balaji and many more.

Out of 4 sons in our Families 3 have Vaishnava Names in our Family.

Mostly Iyers do not show Difference in Worshiping Vaishnava Gods like Balaji, Krishna or any more but so far I didn't able to see Vaishnavaits worshiping Shiva or any form of Shaivait Gods.

Even then we want to bring all Brahmins in one Umbrella without showing any difference.

We Strongly urge unity among Brahmins.

I think I haven't said anything Foolish just as The Guy scribbled some thing in his post.

I am sorry if the sentiment of any one is hurt.
When a discussion to determine the solution for a problem in quantum physics is taking place a solution that there is no problem and we should all go for lunch break is foolish. It is a statement of fact and is not disparaging the person.
rajprasad, you did disparage the person, not the idea. Look at what you said, "You are a very foolish person or an idealist". What you wrote was to call the person "foolish or an idealist" for which there was no cause. If you felt what he wrote was ""foolish or idealistic" you could say that, still a little problematic for me, but that is not what you said, your comment was not about what was said, but who said it.

Now, if you look at the example you have given, your stand makes even less sense. What if the problem in quantum physics is not a problem at all, but mistakenly thought to be one? Why pointing that out is foolish?

People, people, think about it, ad hominem is nasty, don't do it....

Brahmins are just 2 to 3 % of The Total Population.In that too we are Divided in to many subdivisions like Iyers and Iyengar.

If we take Iyers there many sub classifications like Vadama,Vathima, Brahacharanam,Ashtasastra, Mukkaniyas and so on....

If we take Iyengars they are also divided in to 2 groupings like Vadakalai and Tenkalai.

The Total of All these above Classifications and sub Classifications forms only 2 to 3 % of the Total Population.

As regards Kula Deivams Iyers have many Vaishnava Deities like Balaji and many more.

Out of 4 sons in our Families 3 have Vaishnava Names in our Family.

Mostly Iyers do not show Difference in Worshiping Vaishnava Gods like Balaji, Krishna or any more but so far I didn't able to see Vaishnavaits worshiping Shiva or any form of Shaivait Gods.

Even then we want to bring all Brahmins in one Umbrella without showing any difference.

We Strongly urge unity among Brahmins.

I think I haven't said anything Foolish just as The Guy scribbled some thing in his post.

Thanks for thoughtful and researched comment, we have differences, and we have history, this discussion is for informational purpose only. Somehow hiding our differences is not going to bring unity, or showing our diversity is not going to divide us. I believe a healthy discussion is good.
I am fascinated by the wealth of information is there but not fully documented.

This is good information. We too belong to Vadama but we are from Tanjore district.
hi raj
in my home ..we follow srirangam panchangam only......we never devotee of kanchi mutt....still we are vadama iyers....we have

local kula deivam SRI VENKATARAMANA PERUMAL OF MONDIPALAYAM NEAR COIMBATORE....MAINLY THIRUPATI BALAJI IS

MAIN KULA DEIVAM.....we wear naaamam with sri churnam on festival /important days....we use vibhuti in the evenings.....its

purely vadama iyers agraharams....generally vadama/bharadwaja/sama vedins.....i heard 1 agraharam in tanjore too.....

like ours....singanallur agraharams......just info....

regards
tbs

Vaishnav Iyers

hi raj
in my home ..we follow srirangam panchangam only......we never devotee of kanchi mutt....still we are vadama iyers....we have

local kula deivam SRI VENKATARAMANA PERUMAL OF MONDIPALAYAM NEAR COIMBATORE....MAINLY THIRUPATI BALAJI IS

MAIN KULA DEIVAM.....we wear naaamam with sri churnam on festival /important days....we use vibhuti in the evenings.....its

purely vadama iyers agraharams....generally vadama/bharadwaja/sama vedins.....i heard 1 agraharam in tanjore too.....

like ours....singanallur agraharams......just info....

regards
tbs
Mr. TBS
I started the tread it was purely for my information. You have been very helpful, your detail and personal knowledge is appreciated.
I am not a practicing Brahmin, nor do I discriminate on the basis of caste but I am a student of anthropology and History. Thanks again for the information.

Mr. TBS
I started the tread it was purely for my information. You have been very helpful, your detail and personal knowledge is appreciated.
I am not a practicing Brahmin, nor do I discriminate on the basis of caste but I am a student of anthropology and History. Thanks again for the information.
hi raj
Thank u so much...just i replied for ur enquiry.....still im practicing same way.....just explained here what i know....purely my
personal information.......just info

regards
tbs

hi raj

regards
tbs

i am a tirunelveli vadamn too,we weat gobi chandanam u mark.

Smartas have to have gobi chantanam, saivites viboothi and iyengars naamam
in two different shapes according to their sect , vadakalai or thenkalai.

This apart, there was no division as to iyers and iyengars in the olden days ,
long long ago . However it is a later day division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back