• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shri Krishna Jayanthi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir,
You should not look Nathi Moolam and Rishi Moolam in Divine Concepts..

These are all hereditary celebrated by our Ancestors..

we are also celebrating Vinayaka Chadurthi,Sri Rama Navami,Hanuman Jeyanthi, Thiruvathirai,and many more Jeyanthis every year..

All over India ShriKrishna Jayanthi Celebrated as Gokulashtami.
How tis is sustained for so many years.Is due to Krishna being God?
Or He was the Ideal Child as all parents will like Or His young Age Adventures etc.Pl, present your views.

Alwan

Technically Divinity is Ajah(Unborn) and so all Janamaasthamis are more for us humans to contemplate on the Divine and purify our thoughts.

Shri talwan,

Just as X-mas is being celebrated all over the world and not only by devout Christians but by those following other religions as well, because the organised Christian Church is behind it, I feel Gokulashtami continues to be celebrated because various vested interests work to sustain it in different parts of India. Of late the Bhagavata is also being promoted with a zeal not usually found elsewhere and there is the all india bhagvat sanstha or something like that. Who finances these outfits is not known. But this also helps Krishna to be in the lime light, imo.

Sangom Sir,Dr.RK,&TSS sir,
Thank you for your replies.Gokulashtami is followed all over India for one reason that I assume is, the way Sage Vyasa,and Suga Brahmam has explained the Birth of Shri Krisna and His Leelas in Young age in such an Impressive manner in Srimad Bhaghavatham that whoever reads/hears it becomes True Devotee.

Alwan

One of my Christian Friend used to mock at me by saying that," Lord Shri Krishna used to take away the Cloths of Young Girls " Is it the duty of a God ?

I took pity on him and said ," It is a Thathuvam "

Does anyone of this Forum Knows the Thathuvam in it ?

" River is the Main Source for all living Beings...Without River ( Water ) nothing can be Done.

It is the Main Source for Farmers,Humans,Living Beings etc...

It has to be Respected.

" No one should perform Naked Bath in a river "

If they do so they have to be Punished and they are liable for Punishment.

One of my Christian Friend used to mock at me by saying that," Lord Shri Krishna used to take away the Cloths of Young Girls " Is it the duty of a God ?

I took pity on him and said ," It is a Thathuvam "

Does anyone of this Forum Knows the Thathuvam in it ?

" River is the Main Source for all living Beings...Without River ( Water ) nothing can be Done.

It is the Main Source for Farmers,Humans,Living Beings etc...

It has to be Respected.

" No one should perform Naked Bath in a river "

If they do so they have to be Punished and they are liable for Punishment.
Hello TSS,
We can also Reply as under to such questions.
Lord Krishna was in Gokulam and Brindavan in the first 10 years of his age.
A boy of 10 years doing such funs are purely not related to Ordinary people's game of love or so.All Gopikas were embodiment of Krishna Bhagthi.So no motives.
Alwan

Hello TSS,
We can also Reply as under to such questions.
Lord Krishna was in Gokulam and Brindavan in the first 10 years of his age.
A boy of 10 years doing such funs are purely not related to Ordinary people's game of love or so.All Gopikas were embodiment of Krishna Bhagthi.So no motives.
Alwan

It also has another meaning.To get rid of body consciousness to able to reach God.
Body consciousness is one of the hardest to get rid of cos as long we are identified with the body we are still bound.
That whole episode needs to be viewed with that concept in mind.

Symbolic Meaning Of Krishna's Taking Away The Clothes Of The Gopikas
"Another complaint Gopikas made (to mother Yashoda) was "When they were bathing in the river, he (Krishna) gathered all our Saris and went and sat on the top of a tree and would not come down even if we call him.' To this Krishna said: 'When they were bathing, there was big whirlwind, which gathered all these saris and put them on the tree.' Here, the whirlwind has to be identified as a form of God. The basic elements of creation are earth, fire, water, air and sky, and air is one form of the Divine. In truth, the Gopikas had very sacred heart." "God is one who is attracted by pure minds. The meaning of saying that he (Krishna) took away all the clothes is that he took away all your bodily attachments. The clothes are a cover to the body and in reality, the body is an attachment or a cover for the Atma that is residing inside the same. The body is therefore only a dress for this life. When we say that one is dead, we mean that the body is dead and discarded. Thus, it is to be interpreted as saying that so long as you have attachment to your body, you cannot find the real aspect of the Atma. We should not be under an illusion about the importance of the body." Sai Baba, Summer Showers, 1978, p. 123

"The real meaning of story about Krishna taking away the clothes of the Gopikas while they were bathing is that to realise the Lord, they have to abandon the attachment to the body, which is the vesture of the spirit. These stories should not be treated in a spirit of levity or profanity." Sai Baba, SS, 10/96, p. 257

Dr RK,
Good Input.Different line of thinking.
Thank you,
Alwan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back