• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

women domination

Status
Not open for further replies.
These days wife only wants to have her way in most of the households.Onmmany occasions she is liable to go wrong in many decisions.Is thjai a social problem? Refuasal to comply with her wishes means the family peace wrecked.

I don't think its a universal problem may be only some isolated cases.
Most of the while husband and wife discuss matters togather and come to a final decision.
Anway simple if any spouse gets too irritating just get a new one. LOL!!

A simple time method is..make a list of why you want something your way and why your spouse wants things her way.
Compare the list and then see if you can come to a decision.

Last edited:
These days wife only wants to have her way in most of the households.Onmmany occasions she is liable to go wrong in many decisions.Is thjai a social problem? Refuasal to comply with her wishes means the family peace wrecked.

sundachu,

very interesting generalization. please provide some examples, so that we can follow your train of thought, and respond.

looking forward to your reply with great interest. thank you :)

In most of the households, women take the decision... When it comes to marriage, the girls do NOT want to relocate

and IF the boy agrees for relocation, acceptance is given! My sister in law searched for a match in our community for

her elder son and ALL the five girls to whom she approached refused to relocate. Ultimately, he ended up in

choosing his partner, a cute Jewish girl! My music student got a job in Singapore and her husband quit his job in

Chennai to join her. Hope that guy could find a job for himself. Otherwise, he would now be a 'house husband'!!

:washing: . . .:ballchain:

In most of the households, women take the decision... When it comes to marriage, the girls do NOT want to relocate

and IF the boy agrees for relocation, acceptance is given! My sister in law searched for a match in our community for

her elder son and ALL the five girls to whom she approached refused to relocate. Ultimately, he ended up in

choosing his partner, a cute Jewish girl! My music student got a job in Singapore and her husband quit his job in

Chennai to join her. Hope that guy could find a job for himself. Otherwise, he would now be a 'house husband'!!

:washing: . . .:ballchain:

What!!! girls in India dont want to relocate???Out here in Malaysia the couples relocate to places which are situated near the each others work place or try to work out a transfer to be able to stay toghater.
This is not a problem at all here may be becos Malaysia is a very small country and you can drive from Northern tip of West Malaysian to the Southern Tip of West Malaysia in about 6-7 hours.

What!!! girls in India dont want to relocate???........
YES, dear Renu. Just go thro' a few profiles in Tamil matrimony website when you find time (and energy!!)

Girls working in any metro city wish their partners from the same city! So, what will be the plight of boys working in

transferable jobs like in banks... GOK!! As some one mentioned, the conditions from girls form a lo............ng list and

guys find it difficult to fit in their demands. Take home pay more than 50K, working in reputed company, educated from

reputed institutions etc (till 'e'nd of 't'hinking 'c'apacity!)

My sister in law lives in the US, of course... So girls working / studying in the US also sail in the same boat! :grouphug:

.....................very interesting generalization. please provide some examples, so that we can follow your train of thought, and respond....
'Veettukku veedu vAsappadi', Sir! Many of us are here to give examples!! :typing: . . . :thumb:

Agree with your point. I don't think women ever think they might be wrong. Or even if they are wrong, they will never admit it. If you ask Dr Renuka, I am sure she has more trouble with female patients. The male ones are pretty docile and put their life in the hands of God/doctor.

Agree with your point. I don't think women ever think they might be wrong. Or even if they are wrong, they will never admit it. If you ask Dr Renuka, I am sure she has more trouble with female patients. The male ones are pretty docile and put their life in the hands of God/doctor.

OMG Biswa you are right!!! The female patients are the most bothersome.
Guys some how just come to the doctor, take the medication and get lost from the room quickly.

Females go on complaining how much they prefer some other doctor they had seen in another clinic(god knows why they come if they prefer someone else).
Females tend to get personal with doctor and I dont have time for all that unrelated stuff.
When you tell a male patient that his headache is just a common tension headache..he will say "Ok fine then there is nothing to worry."

But a female patient will tell me "Are you sure you are right?"and go on complaining that they have something more in their head.

But when you really find something more than a common headache they dont believe you either.

You can never please a female patient easily.

Unless perhaps you are a handsome male doctor. ;)

You know the reverse is true.Most female patients say they feel very uncomfortable with very handsome male doctors and somehow prefer average ones.
One of my childhood male friend who is also a doc and looks like a Greek God is not too popular cos female patients say they feel shy to look at his face and they also feel average looking docs are more intelligent.

hi
many centuries male dominated society in india......even vedas declare more about purasha...........in asirvada mantras....sri varchswa

daanyam ...danam...pasum...BAHU PUTRA LABHAM.....etc....not putri.....so history changed into female domination....like renu akka

said....move with the present stream....or go against it......like car... the wife.....try to repair as much as possible....not possible...

just change into new car...LOL.....now just started...feminine movement...just wait watch.....the results of women domination......

all religious texts has rigid women laws....including manu smrithi/shariat law/jewish/christianity women laws.....now women

want to brake all laws....like free bird......இலை முள்ளுலே விழுந்தாலும்....முள்ளு இலை லே விழுந்தாலும் ....நஷ்டம் இலைக்கு தான் ....முள்ளுக்கு இல்லை ....இது நிஜம் ....கற்பனை அல்ல ...

regards
tbs

Last edited:
hi
many centuries male dominated society in india......even vedas declare more about purasha...........in asirvada mantras....sri varchswa

daanyam ...danam...pasum...BAHU PUTRA LABHAM.....etc....not putri.....so history changed into female domination....like renu akka

said....move with the present stream....or go against it......like car... the wife.....try to repair as much as possible....not possible...

just change into new car...LOL.....now just started...feminine movement...just wait watch.....the results of women domination......

all religious texts has rigid women laws....including manu smrithi/shariat law/jewish/christianity women laws.....now women

want to brake all laws....like free bird......இலை முள்ளுலே விழுந்தாலும்....முள்ளு இலை லே விழுந்தாலும் ....நஷ்டம் இலைக்கு தான் ....முள்ளுக்கு இல்லை ....இது நிஜம் ....கற்பனை அல்ல ...

regards
tbs

hey TBS,
you wrote:
daanyam ...danam...pasum...BAHU PUTRA LABHAM.....etc....not putri.....so history changed into female domination....

You wrote Putra is used and not Putri..I am sure you know in Sanskrit if we want to say 2 Putrah we say Putrau.
If we have 1 Putrah and I Putri we also say Putrau to denote 2 children.
In sanskrit when the are 2 genders used the male gender words are used as preference.
So Putra in that line just means Progeny.

hi renu akkam
its like BAHU PUTAAHA LAABHAM.....ita vedic grammar..not panini's gramammar....i think u understand the differents.....i cant change

the vedic hymns....

regards
tbs

hi renu akkam
its like BAHU PUTAAHA LAABHAM.....ita vedic grammar..not panini's gramammar....i think u understand the differents.....i cant change

the vedic hymns....

regards
tbs

Hey TBS,

Is it really Bahu Putaaha Laabham or you missed out the letter R there?
I thought everyone wants a Putra to Put Trayate (save them from Hell) and here we have a line that says Bahu Putaaha Labham?

Yup I know the some difference with Vedic Pre Paninian Grammar and Paninian Grammar especially after cracking my head why this line is recited as

om bhadram karNebhih shruNuyaama devaah and not om bhadram karNebhyaam ..

only then I realized Pre Paninian Grammar is different.

P.S..even if PUTRAAHA is used it still means Progeny.(Bahuvacanam)

Last edited:
hi renu akka,
vedic grammmar is very tough....panini's astadyayee is different.....so veda is called sruthi......

regards
tbs

hi renu akka,
vedic grammmar is very tough....panini's astadyayee is different.....so veda is called sruthi......

regards
tbs

Yes you are right.Swami Dayananda Saraswati had said the same thing and he also mentioned this is one of the reasons why Vedas was also misinterpreted.

Hey TBS,

Is it really Bahu Putaaha Laabham or you missed out the letter R there?
I thought everyone wants a Putra to Put Trayate (save them from Hell) and here we have a line that says Bahu Putaaha Labham?

Yup I know the some difference with Vedic Pre Paninian Grammar and Paninian Grammar especially after cracking my head why this line is recited as

om bhadram karNebhih shruNuyaama devaah and not om bhadram karNebhyaam ..

only then I realized Pre Paninian Grammar is different.

P.S..even if PUTRAAHA is used it still means Progeny.(Bahuvacanam)

I understand that the correct rendering is bahuputralābhaṃ and not bahuputrālābhaṃ according to samāsa rules. Am I correct?

I understand that the correct rendering is bahuputralābhaṃ and not bahuputrālābhaṃ according to samāsa rules. Am I correct?

Can you help out here:

Does bahuputrālābhaṃ come under Tat Purusha Dviguh Classification of Samaasa or something else?

Can you expand please and correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Can you help out here:

Does bahuputrālābhaṃ come under Tat Purusha Dviguh Classification of Samaasa or something else?

Can you expand please and correct me if I am wrong.

I am not an expert in Sanskrit grammar but I have learnt the mantra as -

धान्यं धनम् पशुं बहुपुत्रलाभं शतसंवत्सरं दीर्घमायुः
dhānyaṃ dhanam paśuṃ bahuputralābhaṃ śatasaṃvatsaraṃ dīrghamāyuḥ

I am afraid perceptions are different from facts. Each of us draw conclusions based on our individual experiences and tend to generalise. The view Women dominate or Men dominate arise out of one's refusal to see the other's point of view. Any two individuals however close they are will certainly have different personalities and different approach in looking at things. Probably if each one respects the other, accept each other as equal and are prepared to listen to the other the issue of who dominates may disappear.
The issue ,specially with men of my generation and to a large extent even today, is culrurally and traditionally men have grown up in a milieu where women were not considered equal and intellectually less endowed and therefore must be submissive and if not they are dominant. As we have have been living through this untruth for ages it has become a matter of faith which cannot be questioned. However if each one of us reflect on our own experiences we will realise how incorrect is this prejudice. In school and colleges quite a few women were right on top and yes even in Maths. In my corporate life I have come across briliiant women both professionally as well as in leadership qualities as good as the high performing men. It is the individual qualities and not the sex of the person which determines the capabilities as well temperament of a person. Either of them could be dominating or considerate.

Fortunately our children are growing up in a different environment where boys and girls are treated as equal and all the fields of education and profession are available equally to both of them. Many a times young couples are left to fend for themselves in other countries with different cultures with out the family support. And the only way they can survive is by supporting each other. May be these hopefully will help in overcoming long held prejudices based on sex of a person.

Have a great day!!!

I am not an expert in Sanskrit grammar but I have learnt the mantra as -

धान्यं धनम् पशुं बहुपुत्रलाभं शतसंवत्सरं दीर्घमायुः
dhānyaṃ dhanam paśuṃ bahuputralābhaṃ śatasaṃvatsaraṃ dīrghamāyuḥ

Thanks for reply anyway.I will try to look for answers when I am in India next week.
There is 1 expert in Samskrita Bharati who was the only one so far who gave me the correct explanation for the line in Hariharaatmaja ashtakam(Harivarasanam) which says Kalabha Kesari Vaji Vahanam which even experts have translated the Vaaji Vahanam as Riding a Tiger since Ayyappa is commonly seen as riding a tiger even though Vaaji means horse.

The expert from Samskrita Bharati told me that Vaaji Vahanam is used in that Ashtakam cos there is a different form of Lord Ayyappa in a particular place in Kerala where Lord Ayyappa is portrayed as riding a horse hence Vaaji Vahanam.

If he is there this time when I go there I will try to ask him this Question as what type of Samasa Bahuputralabham is and share it.

Last edited:
Since this thread is about woman dominance I wonder how many will share the same thoughts with me on what I am going to bring up.
Before that I hope I am not misunderstood and only bringing up salient points and not to find fault with religion and divine personalities.

In history we have seen that men have abandoned wife and family in the pursue for the Truth.
I will give examples; Swami Raghavendra left a young wife and a child who couldnt fend for themselves and His wife ended up committing suicide and giving up her child for adoption.
I am not finding fault with Swami Raghavendra but I find it hard to imagine sometimes that if a householder still has dependents like wife and child who were starving without food was it fair to the wife and child for him to become a Sanyasi when his duties are not yet over?

Another example is Lord Buddha who left his young wife and child too in the dark of the night but His wife was a bit better off cos she was in a palace and may be she could accept the fact that her husband has left for the quest for the Truth but wasn't the child deprived of a father?

Even King Bhagiratha had left at a young age to preform tapas to bring down Ganga and his wife does say that he is too young to do this and wait for old age which he doesnt agree with her and goes ahead to redeem his ancestors.

The point I am trying to bring up is that a woman is always told even to put prayer on hold till she has served her husband and her family but why such rules were never imposed on a male?

I feel if a male decides to leave his young wife and child to fend for themselves he should make sure that he gets his wife remarried and make sure everyone is cared for before going on his path for Truth.
Cos when he has given up all forms relationships even if his wife is remarried it shouldn't matter to him anymore.

I wonder how many here share the same thoughts with me on this.

That's why I still hold Ravana with high esteem cos he was willing even to marry some one else's wife and keep her well.
He never abandoned anyone.

P.S : this post is purely to discuss options for the abandoned young wife and children of sanyasis and not running down religion.Please discuss it from the academic point of view.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back