• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A Prefound Answer... A must read....

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Profound Answer

The dinner guests were sitting around the table discussing life.

One man, a CEO, decided to explain the problem with education. He argued, "What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided his best option in life was to become a teacher?"

To stress his point he said to another guest; "You're a teacher, Bonnie. Be honest. What do you make?"

Bonnie, who had a reputation for honesty and frankness replied, "You want to know what I make?" (She paused for a second, then began...)

"Well, I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.

"I make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time when their parents can't make them sit for 5 without an I Pod, Game Cube or movie rental.

"You want to know what I make?" (She paused again and looked at each and every person at the table)

"I make kids wonder.

"I make them question.

"I make them apologize and mean it.

"I make them have respect and take responsibility for their actions.

"I teach them to write and then I make them write. Keyboarding isn't everything.

"I make them read, read, read.

"I make them show all their work in math. They use their God given brain, not the man-made calculator.

"I make my students from other countries learn everything they need to know about English while preserving their unique cultural identity.

"I make my classroom a place where all my students feel safe.

"Finally, I make them understand that if they use the gifts they were given, work hard, and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life." (Bonnie paused one last time and then continued.)

"Then, when people try to judge me by what I make, with me knowing money isn't everything, I can hold my head up high and pay no attention because they are ignorant. You want to know what I make? I MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

"What do you make Mr. CEO?"

His jaw dropped, he went silent.

THIS IS WORTH SENDING TO EVERY TEACHER, EVERY CEO, AND EVERY PERSON.

A truly profound answer!!!

Teaching is... the profession that makes all other professions possible!

Dear Dr Anandi,

Teaching is indeed a profession that makes all professions possible to a certain extent but a true teacher need not need to be someone in the teaching profession..we can learn from anyone.

Everyone in society can be our teacher..we can learn from even from the so called lesser educated..I will give an example:

When I had a posting in a rural set up here in Malaysia I had a young 19 year old tribal girl who had come to see me for some ailment and my Non Hindu nurses were asking her what is her religion and she said No religion.

They were mocking her and asked her to embrace their religion and she politely refused.
They asked dont you feel bad that you have no religion?
She said "No..I know that there is God"
They asked her again"But when you are in trouble,sick etc who do you turn to?"
She replied.."I am sick today and God made me think to go to the Doctor"

So there you go..a girl without formal education, a simple tribal girl had taught everyone a valuable lesson..She was indeed a true teacher.

I feel all professions are possible because each one exists in prefect synchronized harmony with each other.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka and Sashikala
my mother was a teacher, I grew up seeing her teaching the students.. from that time itself I wanted to become a teacher only. I love kids so much... I play with them, I make them understand the things thro stories, I gave them gifts as encouragements. I still remember my school days and the way my teachers used to teach me. and whenever I go to nemmara my native place.. I make it a point to go and meet my own teachers... we are all busy with our own lives and our priorities are different.. but we never can forget our school and college days and incidents and our own teachers. the way they taught us.. that is the specialty of teachers, they are the only God gifted persons who can guide a child to the right direction.. this is my humble opinion. Right?????

Dear Renuka and Sashikala
my mother was a teacher, I grew up seeing her teaching the students.. from that time itself I wanted to become a teacher only. I love kids so much... I play with them, I make them understand the things thro stories, I gave them gifts as encouragements. I still remember my school days and the way my teachers used to teach me. and whenever I go to nemmara my native place.. I make it a point to go and meet my own teachers... we are all busy with our own lives and our priorities are different.. but we never can forget our school and college days and incidents and our own teachers. the way they taught us.. that is the specialty of teachers, they are the only God gifted persons who can guide a child to the right direction.. this is my humble opinion. Right?????

Dear Dr Anandi,

Teaching is a noble proffession but I would not say they are the ONLY God Gifted persons who can guide a child to the right direction cos to be born a human is God Greatest Gift.

So everyone is in a way a Gift to play their role in society.

Its just depends who decides to unwrap themselves for the benefit of the world..He/She indeed is a true Guru.

Last edited:
Dear Dr Anandi,

You know when I was a trainee doctor we had a Chief Doctor(Head of Department) who was like Durvasa in his temperament and one fine day he decided to ask us a group of trainees this question "Who are the most intelligent people in the world professionally?"

So each one of us gave answers like Scientist, Inventors, engineers,researches,nuclear physicists,lawyers etc.

And Dr "Durvas" got real mad with us..he yelled at us at Richter 8 and said
"You disgraceful bunch!!! how come none of you said Doctors are the most intelligent?"

He was fuming and was in a bad mood the whole day.He expected us to say doctors are the most intelligent.

Today when I recall that incident..if I were him,I would have been proud to have a bunch of young doctors who thought there are others more intelligent and better than them.

Dear Renuka, Thank you so much for the mail. I had gone through both of your replies. For the above one, u r absolutely right. It is all depend how we are and in which way we r giving back to the society. Not necessarily it has to be paid back as a teacher. Anyone who is giving the right direction and guidance is the true guru. As you had mentioned about the girls story in the earlier mail. Age is not the limitation, but the wisdom and fragrance the person is spreading around him/her is important.
I agree with you renuka. For your second mail also I am responding through this. The mails were my only interactive medium for very long time. There we have a group, who are the delegates of IIT- Delhi Thesis presentors. We exchange lots and lots of topic regarding education. I getting and in return I too am quoting many Educative topic with almost 100 delegates every week basis.
When I came across this site, as I had mentioned I was so proud and happy to share my experience, story with you all. To be frank I just put all the informative topics under the title...”share you knowledge" and use "thought for the day" too. I never thought to put it under general discussion category. I am sorry for the same. I just wanted to share this information among you.
Next time onwards, I will do and try to put it under general discussion.
Once again thank you Renuka for your suggestions.
Take care. God Bless You Always.
Anandi

This just cites one side of the story. To every such noble teacher, there are hundreds of dishonest,money-extractors, who parade as teachers. It is an unwritten law that students have to take private tuition, not to improve their academic standard,but to augment their teachers' income. When private tuition by teachers to students of their own institution was banned, they conveniently hit upon the 'cartel' idea where students from school A are coached by teachers of school B and vice-versa. Moneyed parents do not bother, students are happy,teachers are happy. God save the present education system

Dear Sundaresan Sir,

Thank you so much for the response. Everything is changing here, but when we think about our own school days and our gurus... our heart is overwhelming with pride and joy.. that memory is still fresh in our hearts and we don't want to forget that too. Let us hope for the best for today’s system too, not only Education, but in every area, there is no sincerity or dedication. There is no need to discuss we know what is happening around us. we will try our best individually, why should we wait for others to change and do good for the society, but let us start that change from our end, in a simple way. Whatever we can do as a service for others. Am I Right Sir?? And hope someday everything will change for the best. Positive attitude leads us to live. This is my humble opinion. Thank you once again. Anandi

Dear Anandi,

You are right. From the time we started learning, till today we come across many good people, get to know and learn many good morals and lead our life with our values and principles that we have accummulated by our own thought process/personality and by learning from others surrounding us. We keep learning ever as a continuous process till the end.

When we turn back in time of your life, we cherish those good moments and feel extremely grateful and thankful to those who came in our way, we tend to feel happy, contented and keep thanking them in our heart. These feelings that we have in our heart, we tend to share with others during our entire life time with pride and pleasure to feel happy and to help them with moral strenght, sense of descipline, good attitude etc.

The society is keep changing. Many system are evolving from better to worst. Still there are many individuals in each profession who are true to their knowledge, skills and profession.

The Forum - "Share your knowledge" is to share the knowledge and wisdom in a positive manner to help all of us to believe in the existance of moral goodness, humility, respect, love and care.

Let us learn the good things of personal life, social life, professional life and spiritual life...And strive to be a perfect human as an individual.

I thank you a lot for sharing many moral stories, ideas and wisdom with all of us here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back